MIO Active Connect

Options
I recently purchased the MIO Active Connect (Thank you MFP for the discount). I am excited to see how this watch differs from my previous MIO Drive Petite. I am so excited that MFP jumped on board with MIO because I LOVE their products. It really is a motivation tool and helps someone as scatter brained as me to record all the info I need to keep track of. Grateful I have this tool when I am starting over!

Has anyone else used the MIO products and what are the experiences?

Replies

• snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to get one but they're not available in the UK :( I can't find anything good for calculating daily calorie expenditure over here (except Kifit but that is ridiculously expensive).
  • shalinel
    Options
    I think I want to get one of these. Do you have to connect it to a computer to get it to sync with myfitnesspal?
  • FountainofKnowledge
    Options
    Have you seen the deal that Ki have on at the moment? I paid full price for mine a few years ago, but it has been the best investment ever, so important to be accurate with these things
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you use the MIO Active Connect, do you have to enter calories consumed AND enter your Food Diary on MFP? Or does the MFP diary feed the calories to the MIO? I've become pretty consistent, even fanatical, with entering my food consumed into MFP but don't want to have to redundantly enter them to benefit from the MIO's tracking system.

Could someone already using it enlighten me on any symbiosis between the two? I've scoured both sites. If I missed it, could you point me to a link answering this? As far as I can tell, their "partnership" is simply to cross-promote each other. Does data from one feed the other?

Thanks for your help.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to get one but they're not available in the UK :( I can't find anything good for calculating daily calorie expenditure over here (except Kifit but that is ridiculously expensive).

Have you looked at the fitbit.
  • shazzafly
    shazzafly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would also love this product and contacted MIO but they said they not selling in UK - Boooo Hooooo, I really wanted a watch type to record activity as know I would lose the fit bit.
    Are there any other products similar in the uk ???
  • Mandie1120
    Mandie1120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I currently have the MIO petite Active and I love it. Occasionally i check results with my workout equipment and it is right on target with the calories burned and heart rate. I always update my weight though because it becomes more accurate. I love it. It gives me motivation that someone couldn't give me. I love that it pushes me harder when I know my heart rate is dropping.

I cant wait to get the active connect. It holds you accountable on different levels. Like parents and teachers talking to each other. You know you will get into trouble if you do something wrong in school because the parent will know. HAHA.

Wish they were available in the UK. Can you not find a place local? Why cant you buy one online like i did? I guess i am confused... (as usual) ;)
  • Mandie1120
    Options
    I think I want to get one of these. Do you have to connect it to a computer to get it to sync with myfitnesspal?

I do believe so. I dont think it can connect to anything without the cord.... I was reading about it and it is really simple to connect though :)
  • bhorton1133
    Options
    There is a 16 minute video from youtube that goes over it pretty well. I will try and find it, I haven't been able to find any reviews on it thus far but am soooo interested in the active connect. I love the idea of strapless heart monitor and calories burned!!!
  • shazzafly
    shazzafly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have looked online at US sites but can find one that posts to UK, if you know of one let me know. Thanks
  • AggiePaige
    Options
    I just bought the MIO Active Connect. I uploaded all my data and it was supposed to share with MFP, but I don't see any data anywhere. Did anyone else have this problem? I don't want to keep it if I can't sync it.
  • mistacious
    mistacious Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too have not seen any updates to myfitness pal once I uploaded my mio active data. I am getting a little buyers remorse. I also work with my hands a lot (i'm a cashier) and I wore the watch on my wrist for about 30 minutes and looked and it said I had stepped almost 2000 steps. I was just standing there in my till ringing up customers. I am disheartened with this. I may return.
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    I just uploaded my first day with the MIO Active Connect. I didn't do anything special, but expected it to update MFP with calories burned. I don't see anything uploaded between the two sites. While their site doesn't have a forum, the support folks were quick to answer other questions. I'll pose the same inquiry there. I'll update any info learned back to you guys.
  • Mandie1120
    Options
    I just bought the MIO Active Connect. I uploaded all my data and it was supposed to share with MFP, but I don't see any data anywhere. Did anyone else have this problem? I don't want to keep it if I can't sync it.

I can not get mine to link either!!! I just wrote to MIO in hopes that Something was wrong with their server. Let me know if anyone can figure it out.

I am pretty sad about the MIO connect. It wont read when there is even the least bit of sweat present; whats the point then....
    It also only measures me burning 120 calories from Spinning... yet the other heart rate monitor registered 944!!! Crazy. I might give it one more shot but after that I may return it!
  • Mandie1120
    Options
    I too have not seen any updates to myfitness pal once I uploaded my mio active data. I am getting a little buyers remorse. I also work with my hands a lot (i'm a cashier) and I wore the watch on my wrist for about 30 minutes and looked and it said I had stepped almost 2000 steps. I was just standing there in my till ringing up customers. I am disheartened with this. I may return.

I may return as well. I hope MIO can give me some answers soon!!!!!
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    I just uploaded my first day with the MIO Active Connect. I didn't do anything special, but expected it to update MFP with calories burned. I don't see anything uploaded between the two sites. While their site doesn't have a forum, the support folks were quick to answer other questions. I'll pose the same inquiry there. I'll update any info learned back to you guys.

MIO Customer Service replied:
    Hello,
    You are more than likely performing all steps necessary. There is a known issue with the MFP communication through MyMIO that our techs are avidly working to resolve. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
    Thank you,
    MIO Customer Support

If I receive anything else, I'll pass it on.
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    My last reply was about getting data from MyMIO to MFP. I had another challenge that someone else may have run into.

I hooked my MIO Active Connect to my laptop and tried to upload/sync data to the MyMIO site. The progress bar would show it starting, but eventually I'd get an error about a script not responding and ask if I wanted to wait or kill it. I tried waiting several times, but nothing ever happened.

I found my laptop had Java v6.x and v7 is available. I uninstalled v6 and installed v7. Poof! It synced.

Hope nobody else had an out of date system (and this issue), but thought I'd pass this on in case.
  • Mandie1120
    Options
    My last reply was about getting data from MyMIO to MFP. I had another challenge that someone else may have run into.

I hooked my MIO Active Connect to my laptop and tried to upload/sync data to the MyMIO site. The progress bar would show it starting, but eventually I'd get an error about a script not responding and ask if I wanted to wait or kill it. I tried waiting several times, but nothing ever happened.

I found my laptop had Java v6.x and v7 is available. I uninstalled v6 and installed v7. Poof! It synced.

Hope nobody else had an out of date system (and this issue), but thought I'd pass this on in case.

Thank you! I will have to make sure everything is up to date on my laptop.

I tried it again today and it would not read with even a tiny bit of sweat :( I had to use my towel and that is a huge inconvenience when/ if I run. I am NOT happy with mine as of yet. Want to give it one more try.....
  • Mandie1120
    Options
    So I finally got my MIO to connect to MFP. I just used Google Chrome on my computer instead of Firefox. Weird.

Still having a hard time getting a decent reading while working out. I do not sweat buckets but its enough to make moisture under my watch (during spin i do sweat buckets). Still says dry off on the screen.... got better readings when I put it higher up on my wrist...