YES!!

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
FINALLY! Yesterday was the first day in a looooooooooooooong time that I was under my calorie goal and did not go over!!!!!! I know it's only one day but it's a step!

Replies

• hereisgone15
    Options
    Every.....little...bit!

Good for you. Many more (and bigger) successes will follow!
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo - well done x
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You're on your way!!! :bigsmile:
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! :flowerforyou: Have you started the shred yet?
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options
    Thank youuu! But now i have a problem. Tomorrow night Im going to my boyfriends mothers for dinner. She is making Brinner(Breakfast for dinner) lol. my boyfrined loves it. SOOO she's going to be making waffels and bacon. What the Ef am I going to do!!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Offer to give her some "help" in the kitchen. Mothers love that crap. This way you can bring some fruit, eggs, low fat english muffins, turkey bacon, etc as a healthier option for yourself. There are always going to be people in your life that are not "on-board" with your choice to change your lifestyle/eating habits. Take control!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options
    I don't want her to get offended if I dont eat any. So I figure I'll have one waffle a couple slices of bacon and little maple syrup. I estimated by looking some up but Im not sure what brand or how she makes them...but the meal is a little over 500 cals. Do you think that sounds about right?
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Make "your families favorite egg casserole" to bring to dinner.... find a good, low cal recipe. You can eat small amounts of other things. And hey - if she asks about how you're eating just very openly state, "I've been really trying to take charge of my health and eating less processed foods is a big part of that. It's hard though because this is one of my favorite meals! Thanks so much for inviting me, Mrs. ______"
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I don't want her to get offended if I dont eat any. So I figure I'll have one waffle a couple slices of bacon and little maple syrup. I estimated by looking some up but Im not sure what brand or how she makes them...but the meal is a little over 500 cals. Do you think that sounds about right?
    The problem is that you'll need to save some calories for some "real food" once those quick carbs are gone and you're on your way home feeling like you'd eat a tire if you could just fit it in your mouth! I've been there!

In general - I think that most mothers would respect the fact that you are trying to make better choices and that you're not judging anyone else for what they eat - just that you need to eat differently! Besides... most "moms of a certain age" understand the need to watch their health!;)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options
    The problem is that you'll need to save some calories for some "real food" once those quick carbs are gone and you're on your way home feeling like you'd eat a tire if you could just fit it in your mouth! I've been there!
    lol It's going to be tough but I'll try to save my calories so I can have a healthy snack after.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    congrats on the great eating yesterday.

i had the same problem on valentine's morning....made heart-shaped pancakes for my family. I had one with syrup. When I logged in my food, i was shocked to see the high calorie count for the syrup...so beware syrup!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options
    congrats on the great eating yesterday.

i had the same problem on valentine's morning....made heart-shaped pancakes for my family. I had one with syrup. When I logged in my food, i was shocked to see the high calorie count for the syrup...so beware syrup!

oh i know. Im only going to use a little.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is to depend on family to cook for you. My Mother in Law fries everything and then pours the grease into the veggies she is cooking for flavor. Plus, butter and salts everything!! Oh it is sooo good but oh so bad for you! I just try to not eat tons all day and then watch my portions of her cooking and then start over the next day. I have to live life and since I don't eat like that everyday I just try to deal with it and go on. Good luck to you!
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!