How do you keep from losing your boobs?

Options
I know we can't pick and choose where the weight comes from... but my girls are shrinking and I'm wondering if there is any way to prevent this from continuing as I lose more weight. Any tips would be greatly appreciated if there are some suggestions to focus on the mid section and keep the loss from coming from the breasts?

Replies

• sblades
    sblades Posts: 75
    Options
    I feel as though it's not possible. Mine really suffered as well, and my trainer says the only thing you can do is try and build muscle underneath.
    Sorry! It's terrible, I know.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I'm sorry... I know what you mean. I'm not well endowed in that area, and when I lose weight, the girls are first to go. There's nothing that can be done about it, though... :( Wish I was more helpful, but it really is 100% out of your control. If you like to work your chest area, they might look 'perkier' even at a smaller size... but breasts are mostly fat, so they go bye-bye.
  • corin1533
    Options
    The reality is that fat is lost from the places it is naturally held. Unfortunately, our breasts are one of those areas. You can do things to make them "perky" but to keep them the same size, I am afraid not.
  • hehubbard83
    Options
    Lol, so funny that you said that. I was just telling my buddy that I was scared I was going to lose "my girls" as well. I don't really know if there is anything to do about it...
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm probably in the minority here, but I am excited to have smaller ladies. At my smallest, I was down to a C cup and actually able to find cute bras and wear button-up shirts that fit in both the arms AND the chest (I normally have to pick one or the other).

Pushups and chest press work well to build the muscle underneath. This will help make sure that the boobs that are left are as perky and full-looking as possible. http://exercise.about.com/library/blsamplechest.htm
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Yep, nothing you can do! ... Mine have already shrank quite a bit.... BUT, I'm kinda happy about it... I was pretty much 'falling out of' a DD... So, a little shrinkage on my part is appreciated... I was most comfortable at a C... I do need to perk the ol' gals up though... Breastfeeding two kiddos and then losing weight is having it's toll on them....
    What are some suggested exercises to help "perk 'em up"? I'm thinking chest flies, but what else?
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ah, geez.... sorry for the double post...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    kaitlinj and I must have posted at the same time.... GREAT info, Kait! Thanks!!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I have to laugh about this. I had just complained to my husband about this yesterday. I had a reduction 10 years ago and now I am kind of regretting it because they are going away. I know alittle bit of it is because I had stopped breastfeeding a month ago so they were bigger but now they are really going away lol. You cant win for lose
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same problem. by breasts are really uneven, and when I lose weight the first thing that happens is the smaller one gets even smaller. Then the next to go is my butt, where I have nothing to lose, its flat as a board. It is discouraging when these things I don't want to lose get smaller and the fat around my middle just stays put. I am afraid there is nothing we can do about it, just try to build more muscle where the fat is lost and hopefully as i lose more weight it will eventually start coming off my waist, it is already starting to a little.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm probably in the minority here, but I am excited to have smaller ladies. At my smallest, I was down to a C cup and actually able to find cute bras and wear button-up shirts that fit in both the arms AND the chest (I normally have to pick one or the other).

Pushups and chest press work well to build the muscle underneath. This will help make sure that the boobs that are left are as perky and full-looking as possible. http://exercise.about.com/library/blsamplechest.htm

I am another who WANTS to lose them. I'm a DD and want to be smaller!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I was on the pill around this time last year.. I went from a D to a C after coming off.. now im barely fitting into a B Cup since i've lost more weight...

Goodbye cleavage!!! :laugh:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list that is happy to see them go. My husband, not so happy................

LOL

When I first met my husband 16 years ago, I was wearing an A cup..............Now I am wearing a C and some D's and I hate the size of my boobs and I am not even as big as some of the ladies here. They are still heavy though.

The Dr once told me that whether or not your lose your boobs depends on how much mass you have compared to the amount of fat.................
  • superschupp
    Options
    Personally, I'll be glad to see my "girls" GO!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'll be glad to see my "girls" GO!!!
    :laugh:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Sorry - add me to the list of someone who will be glad to see them go down in size. I wear a DDD. Do you know how hard it is to do aerobic exercise? I wear 3 (yes... 3) sports bras when I walk on my treadmill. Here's the way I see it... I can always make them look bigger... but there is no way to conceal them now!
    What I'm really looking forward to is my stomach being smaller and my boobs being smaller and being able to sleep on my stomach! Expect a big ol' post the day that happens!
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38DD to a 36C so far. I too, am grateful. I tell ya, they hurt so bad when my time of the month came (sorry, TMI), now they don't hurt at all. I can run and jump....... oh yeah, my husband is sad, but he still has playboy!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options

I am another who WANTS to lose them. I'm a DD and want to be smaller!

So do I!!! I have designs on ballet and losing them will make me look so much better in a tutu. *sigh*
  • annekejohnson
    annekejohnson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    LOL great answers. I too have DD's and I like them. On the other hand I'm single... perhaps if I had a man I wouldn't mind losing them so much. It just seems that they are getting wilty and saggy I guess I wouldn't mind if they were "perky" LOL. Other thing, I have been seriously heavy my whole life and so the skin is starting to sag too so I'm wondering if there are any things that work to make skin more tight and elastic. I can deal with stretch marks, but I'd like my skin to be tight. I can't afford plastic surgery and I really don't want the pain of it all either. Any ideas on this?
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! Except I lost mine when I switched to a low estrogen birth control. I was a FULL D on the first BC but also 15 pounds heavier. I guess it's a trade off, but I know if I lose the last 10 lbs that i want to I'm sure i'll be back to B cup! UGHH sucks!