Loved the book but hated the movie

Options

Replies

• lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The Vow.
    Pride & Predjuice (Keira Knightley version).
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Steven King's "The Stand"

Any Stephen King book made into a movie ever. Although I think Christine was the worst one

I think Pet Sematary was pretty bad. And that one with Kathy Bates, where she kidnaps the writer dude and then hobbles him. Book was much better.
  • user135534534
    Options
    Loved the Bible, disliked The Passion of Christ.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nicholas Sparks Nights in Rodanthe. It didn't stick to the book. If you remember in the book her daughter was older and dealing with the loss of her husband. There's a couple of more but can't think of it right off the top of my head. Now if you ask my teenage daughters this question they would say the Twilight Series (shuttering)
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I read a LOT and I am almost never happy with the film adaptation. This is why , even though I love Emma Watson, I am scared to see the Perks of Being a Wallflower. Adapting into a mini series is u sually much better. Most notably, for me, The John Jakes North and South trilogy. Did they change it to adapt it, oh yeah, but it was still very good. Also Game of Thrones is amazing.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    The Bourne Identity. Loved the book SO MUCH but yeah... the movie? It was okay but not nearly as good. And I can't watch it more then once so yeah...

:P
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Eragon. Movie was soooo bad, I couldn't watch past 20 or 30 minutes.

I will say, Game of Thrones on HBO has been awesome! I will admit, after seeing it on HBO, I then bought the books.

I agree with you for the most part, but I can already tell the series is going to veer off in this next season. I just hope it doesn't go the way of True Blood where the series is hardly recognizable from the books.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every one in existence, save about 5 or 6!

Most recently, The Help.
    Ugh, don't remind me about that one. AND IT WON AN OSCAR!!!!! Seriously? I've seen loads better movies than that. Knocked Up was a better movie than that and that one was severely perverted. I was amazed that I got through THAT one in its entirety if only for Katherine Heigl. Otherwise it'd be the same thing. Watch 30 minutes of it and then out of the DVD player it comes.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Loved the Bible, disliked The Passion of Christ.

There is simply no topping this one.

P.S. I would totally call you on the phone...can't leave you just to talk to the Pope, maybe, in Rome...
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. Tom Cruise as Vampire Lestat was wrong in so many ways.

soooo not the image i had in my mind x
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The Horse Whisperer
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. Tom Cruise as Vampire Lestat was wrong in so many ways.

I loved the movie and hated the book
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Interview With The Vampire - Anne Rice.

Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise...wtf?

What happened to Jeremy Irons and Rutger Hauer, or even Julian Sands for hell's sake?
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options

I will say, Game of Thrones on HBO has been awesome! I will admit, after seeing it on HBO, I then bought the books.

I agree with you for the most part, but I can already tell the series is going to veer off in this next season. I just hope it doesn't go the way of True Blood where the series is hardly recognizable from the books.

I have to agree. I bought the books because of the show and Book 3 was so good so if they veer off like they did with True Blood, I'm done with the show. True Blood was an EPIC fail!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I was going to say. I like Tom Cruise, but he was all wrong for Lestat.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

I keep hearing this and it actually makes me want to try to watch True Blood again. I love the books but had a hard time with the first episode because the characters just didn't fit into how I'd been imagining them.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Needful Things - Stephen King.

I don't know how they could make such an abomination of a movie, out of such an awesome book!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second book in the Discovery of Witches series. I already hate the movie and it hasn't been filmed yet. Some things were just meant to be read and not watched...

thats how im feeling about the spooks books by joseph delaney, they follow Tom ward who starts out young and grows through the series as 'spooks apprentice' they have already changed the title, filmed in canada even though its set in pendle, lancashire by me and also the people playing it are 30 something! x
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I feel that way about pretty much EVERY movie that was based on a book I read. The Harry Potter series is one of the few where I like the movies as much as I like the books.

Here here :drinker: Or Lord of The Rings...I actually liked the movies better than the books.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Gonna throw this out there.. I loved the twilight books. But hated the movies for obvious reasons (terrible on all levels).

Then again, I am not a book person. I enjoy reading one from time to time and then seeing it play out on film and usually like the movies. Such as Harry Potter.

Ok, I think those are the only books I've read since 7th grade and my 'Dear America' collection.