Shredders!

Options

Replies

• punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 4 today.... it's gotten a little better, I can't do the plank twists if my life depended on it at the moment, hope that changes soooon.

I can do the plank twists pretty well (maybe because I have short legs?), but I have to do the sissy versions of the walkout-plank, plank-jacks, and that other plank thinger with the bunny hop :p

What I love most of all is how Expert Natalie is very clearly *hurting* while Jillian pushes her through the exercises, often scolding her for not digging deep enough!!! I'm just hoping I can do some of Natalie's moves by the time I reach Day 10 (which will take 20 days for me, alternating).

Level 1 kicked my *kitten* when I first started, so I'm DEMANDING that my body works through this pain until it becomes "easy" as well!
  • TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    this made me laugh!! I am also on day 2 of level 2.... Don't even want to preview three....
  • Eric53066
    Eric53066 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did another post that talks about what I did with my 30DS workout and my phone.

Read the exciting post here! :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/779732-android-nerd-s-30-day-shred-level-1
  • shanniebug
    shanniebug Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Level 2 and always do 20 minutes on my elliptical after each session. It nearly kills me, but I love how much I sweat and really feel as though I have accomplished a lot.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Survived day 6 level 1!
    I love the look on the girl with the green top's face when JM starts the last lot of skipping. Like 'really? More skipping? Do we have too?! lol!
    Watch for it, it's really funny!
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level one its nice I haven't felt the butt kicking every one has been talking about, but I am starting to notice some toning in my arms. I didn't feel like some of the other videos I do really worked my arms all that much or my abs with some good old fashion crunches.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I like Anita's look when it comes to the last set of jump roping! And she's so skinny! LOL

I have one day left of Level 1 which I'll be finishing off tomorrow! Now that I just read about level 2s plank twists... last time I did them, it hurt my pelvic region. I mean, big OWIE! So I'll be taking it slow and getting all form down proper and using lighter weights. Back to my 5lbs. Tomorrow I'll be kicking Level 1s butt! :laugh:
  • traciemc
    traciemc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 of level 1 and I think my butt has been totally kicked!!

Jogged for 25 minutes on the treadmill last night, no problem. 15 minutes into day 1 of level 1 and I wanted to throw up! LOL!

I definitely feel like I've done a pretty thorough workout, looking forward to keeping with it and see what results I can get :)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Today will be my day 4 of level 1. I've been exercising regularly prior to this, so it's nothing I can't handle, but it still gives me a great workout for the time spent. I slept like a log the first two nights of doing it. It may not be the most hardcore workouts I've ever done, but it definitely shook up my routines pretty good!

So far, the hardest part for me is the side lunges. I think if I keep doing these side lunges, it will help correct the issues I have with barbell squats.
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    Level - Day 6 this morning and I'm not as sore as when I started. I wasn't feeling very well when I got up this morning but I went and "shred" anyways. I'm glad I did because though I'm a little sore, I feel much, much better.

Let's keep "shredding" folks!
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cherryaide
    Options
    finished level one day four today! looking forward to level two because its getting a little boring. still doing the 'girly' push ups mind!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    On level 2 ! I hate those planks :sad: but I can see more definition in my arms and waist Yeeepeee :bigsmile: After I finish level 3 , I might do:
    Day 1-Level1
    Day2 - Level 2
    Day3- Level 3 and repeat
    As another shredder said to prevent me from getting bored :grumble:
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did 2 this morning and 3 yesterday eve....am struggling with a knee injury from running so given it a rest this week. 20 mins is just right, doing 2 tomorrow cos I love it its more my style. Might do 2 and 3 tomorrow morn how about that !!! x good luck all enjoy
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I must say some of your comments really have me worried about what level 2 has to offer. I'm doing day 4 level 1 tomorrow, and I'm finally at the point where I know I can do the routine & talk myself through the hard parts. I'm afraid I'm going to be crying like a baby come level 2...
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Today I did Extreme Shred and Shed for the first time. It's better than 30 Day because there are 2 workouts and it's a whole hour long. 20 minutes just wasn't enough for me to feel like I got a good workout. I'm sore already.
  • violet976
    Options
    Just finished day 6 level 1, and have added in level 1 of the Butt Bible, along with my daily 2.5 mile walk. Took my first "before" photos today as well, & I'm really hoping to see some tone & definition with this routine.

For those doing the 30 routine, how many of you are incorporating a rest day into the schedule, or adding other dvds or activities as well? Do you feel the rest day is necessary, or can I keep up this routine as is each day without one?
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I got through levels 1 & 2 in June and I saw big changes in my stomach area. I have decided this time around to do Level 1,2,&3 and then repeat 1,2,&3 each day as apposed to doing 10 days of level 1, then level 2, and level 3 because, I get bored after 3 days in a row of the first level. I hope to stick with it this time!

I am also doing a different level each day. I HATE level 2 and last time it defeated me and I couldn't get through it. I'm hoping that doing it this way will help me stick with it.
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 7 of level 1 complete. I'm also on day 3 of Butt Bible level 1, and doing a 2.5 mile walk uphill/downhill each day. Definitely feeling like I have more endurance for this now, even though I still curse my way through a couple of parts. I think it helps tremendously to get through the first few days & finally realized that you are capable of pulling through the hard parts.

I am, however, feeling a bit of it in the knees, so I got myself a calcium supplement today & will be getting a joint supplement as well. I'm planning to attempt to incorporate half of a Richard Simmons video each day as well, as I just don't have time to squeeze in the whole routine with all of the other workout routines.

Thanks for being such a great source of support ladies!
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Level 2 and always do 20 minutes on my elliptical after each session. It nearly kills me, but I love how much I sweat and really feel as though I have accomplished a lot.

I've found that I continue to sweat for 15-20 minutes after I've finished the workout -- which is a good indicator that the calorie burning benefits extend beyond the time it takes to complete the circuits!! I feel confident logging it at a full 30 minutes for that reason.

To the poster who was feeling frightful of moving up to Level 2: Don't worry, by the time you've put in a solid 10 days on Level 1, you'll be ready for the bump :) I didn't feel like I'd ever get there, but I honestly felt like I could handle it and accepted the challenge.

To the poster asking about rest days -- I am "shredding" every other day, and find that it's working wonders. I don't take a day off completely; I do another workout of equal or greater value. I was finding that every day shredding was leaving some of my joints in a really stressed-out state, which led to taking off numerous days from exercise completely. This way, I feel like I'm really ready to ATTACK 30DS each time I do it instead of suffering/struggling through the motions.

Only 5 more kicks at Level 2, and then I'm moving up, up, up! :D