To the 5ft 6.5 incher's

Options

Replies

• heavenlykid1
    Options
    I'm excatlly 5ft 6.5" My build is small and my chest is small. I was up to 160 now I'm at 128 and would like to get to 123
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    wow! there are so many 5'6 ers out there. I am 5'6 I am sitting at 149 pounds. I am going for 7 more pounds and then I will evaluate what to do from there!!!! I would love to add more 5'6 ladies to my friend list.
    I am a runner 3 days a week and a jillian surviver the other 3 days a week! Ive got some babies too 6 and 2~ Have a great day ladies! ~Corina
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Okay, this post made me laugh because I actually am also 5' 6.5" I have a medium build, with large hips and chest. My original goal was 150, but after speaking to my doctor, she recommend shooting for a fit 165 and going from there. For me, she doesn't feel 150 would be very easy to maintain...and she's probably right.

As an FYI, she also said a woman my height shouldn't eat less than 1500 calories per day for normal female function.

I weigh 196ish right now, was previously down to 176 and got lazy. Boo!
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5 as well (5'7" on a good day). Honestly, my final goal is probably 180, but I'll wait and see what I look like at 200. I would be happy in a 12-14. I have a large frame and carry my weight fairly well, so I think 200 is a reasonable goal for that.
  • d3nise
    d3nise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am between 5ft 6.5 and 5ft 7 depending on who is doing the measuring. I currently weigh 168 and have set a goal for 145/150. Before I was sick I hovered between 130 to 138, and I did not have hardly any curves, so I think that 145 will be great!. I have a similiar shape to your, medium frame, large chest, but my hips aren't too big. I wish I could maintain my hips, and just lose in the chest and stomach area. Good luck to you!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am exactly 5' 6 1/2"!! That is so funny. Everyone thinks I am silly for putting in the half inch.

I am right now 189, trying to get to 160. It is slow and steady, and I could use some support from people in the same situation!

I am very curvy. Right now I am 39, 34, 44 measurements.
  • lizbutt70
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my goal weight is 150 also. I think it's a good weight for me, and I'm similar to you in the regards that, as far as I remember, 165 was my lightest and I felt pretty good at that weight. At least compared to how I feel now.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7' and hovering right below 160, but I still can see the fat deposits on my belly and thighs (I hate the look when I flex my muscles and see fat hanging off it!).

I hope once I get down to 155, or 150, they'll be less noticeable.

I want my ab muscles to show through and they do not at this point.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. grammiejul: This is where I'm at as well. Pre MFP I was 225. Starting MFP I was 219.6. I'm 35, and the lowest I remember weighing after HS was 125-130. I dont want to lose my curvyness, but truly like to see how low I can be and still look healthy.

I'm 5'6" and I started at 230. I'm 187 now and a size 12. I haven't been a size 12 since high school....but I weighed 150 then. My goal right now is set to 170. I might try to go lower once I get there, but I'll have to wait and see.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7' and hovering right below 160, but I still can see the fat deposits on my belly and thighs (I hate the look when I flex my muscles and see fat hanging off it!).

I hope once I get down to 155, or 150, they'll be less noticeable.

I want my ab muscles to show through and they do not at this point.

Having visible abs is more about BF% than weight. I don't have links, but I know if you use the "search" tab, there are some helpful posts here to learn about how to reduce BF%. I read that women have to be between 13-18% body fat to have visible abs (typically).

Good luck!
  • ilovemaisy
    Options
    Have you looked at BMI? I'm 5'6 and weigh 126, I could go down to 120 and still be in 'normal' range.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    5' 6" here. Got down to 125 (current) with MFP. Working on reducing BF%, less worried about the scale.
  • kenziestx
    Options
    My goal is to weigh around 155. I am also curvy, nice round bootie and big boobs. I look healthy at this weight and have no bulges and everything looks tight. I have weighed as little as 135 in my 20's and all of my friends said that I looked sickly. If I were you, I would stick to 150 lb goal but don't go much lower.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My goal is 250, I'm 6' and a very large build mostly in my shoulders so 250 is small for me ;)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I am exactly 5' 6 1/2"!! That is so funny. Everyone thinks I am silly for putting in the half inch.

I am right now 189, trying to get to 160. It is slow and steady, and I could use some support from people in the same situation!

I am very curvy. Right now I am 39, 34, 44 measurements.
    Right there with ya but have more booty than boobs! lol
    Under 160 and I look too thin. I'll be happy at 165
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    im 5"6 and my heighest weight was 145-150 (cant remember) my current weight is 132...my goal weight is 125-120 (depends how i look at 125) :)
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my doctor originally put my goal at 150 LBS. I am hoping that after I see her again in January, she will agree to lower that by 5 LBS. I haven't weighed 145 since 10th grade and I turn 50 in April. I guess we'll see.
  • BostonBee
    Options
    I am aiming for 130-135. I'm at 140 now and really just want to lose one more pants size. I hold most of my weight in my butt and thighs, and those are always the last places I lose weight, but hopefully 5 more pounds will put me in a size 6.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and currently at 188.8 (down from 303.4) -- I've got boobs, hips, butt, all that good stuff..... Though I don't have a definite goal it' somewhere in the 160 area. I would like to be fit, and strong, and muscle will mess with the scale..... soo, I'm not as concerned about reaching a weight goal as I am a how my clothes fit and how I feel goal. :)
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'6.5 and my goal is 150. I'll re-evaluate when I get there and if the muffin top isn't gone, then I will keep going! ;-)