Ladies: Losing Weight = Losing Boobies :(

Options
Is it just me ladies or does anyone else experience breast ( tattas, boobies, the twins, or whatever you call them) loss when loosing weight. Excuss me!!! That is the last thing I want to go, I mean I'm already lacking in that area as it is.

Anyone have any advice on how to keep "The Girls" while losing weight?????

Replies

• hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    I think there is nothing you can do about it :( too late for me now...I am so pleased with every part of my body now except that area...after 2 kids and breastfeeding and now this weightloss. I want to cry...it really has affected my self esteem
  • nadya_gonzalez
    Options
    I had the same problem while losing weight and this is because most of female's body fat is stored in the boobies. My bra is not sagging and I really don't like it at all. I am guessing that after you lose the weight you want to lose; you should do exercises to keep them firm.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Mine shrank but got perkier as a result. Before, the excess fat in my boobs was weighing them down really badly.

I don't think you can make the fat stay (unless your genetics want them to stay there). But you can build your chest muscles/ pecs to help them appear fuller and perkier.
  • Tykelass
    Tykelass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    in the end, breasts are largely made up of fat tissue so if we lose weight through fatloss, then they are going to shrink :o)
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    yeah, mine arnt going anywhere! no matter what i do!
    i kinda like them now though! i guess i'll keep em!

DD's for the win.lmao.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You have two types of tissue in your breasts. One is breast tissue and one is fat. Obviously, the fat will reduce, but your breast tissue shouldn't change!
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    already losing a little. I suspect by the time I am thin I will have sagging pancakes. :-(

Currently I am about a D-ish (supposedly much bigger according to measurements, but I have never worn a bra as big as measurements say that I should)

When breastfeeding I was a solid DD+ and bursting out of it.

But back when I was thin as a teenager I was a B.

I am more worried that they will be long flat empty socks or something by the time I am done. Bummer.....but I suspect there is a good shot I might be looking like a sharpei all over. But still, I will take it over being as heavy as I have been. TIme will tell.
  • AnewNisha
    AnewNisha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • AnewNisha
    AnewNisha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mine shrank but got perkier as a result. Before, the excess fat in my boobs was weighing them down really badly.

I don't think you can make the fat stay (unless your genetics want them to stay there). But you can build your chest muscles/ pecs to help them appear fuller and perkier.

Thanks! never thought of that!! Good idea!!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If it becomes a big enough problem to affect your life due to self esteem issues....there is always plastic surgery.

Just saying.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Someone also suggested to me that bust measurements also decrease due to back fat loss... so it can appear that you're losing more up top than just the boobies.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    True. Last time I was slim, I wore a C.
    Right now, I wear a DD.

The C was fine. The DD isn't worth the back rolls.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    If your body wants em gone, they'll be gone! Some of us have the opposite problem and can't get rid of them and it's horrible for us too! Can't spot reduce so if your body loses weight there first, that's where you'll lose it
  • dsn1118
    dsn1118 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Almost 60 lbs lost and I haven't lost any of mine yet. Have gone down 3 pant sizes but only one band size? Something is wrong! I sure do wish they would get a little smaller though. Tired of being "overly blessed" my entire life in that respect.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You guys are lucky. At least you can still buy bras made for adults.

Started out at barely a B. Forty pounds lost, and I'm an AA. Only lost one band size.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If it becomes a big enough problem to affect your life due to self esteem issues....there is always plastic surgery.

Just saying.

True.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options

Same for me here, only shrank a bit, but they are perkier.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I havent lost any of mine yet...mixed emotions there but i've got so much left to lose im sure i'll see them go sometime or another!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    90 pounds gone and the girls wont get smaller. This sucks!!! I want to be able to walk into a mall and buy a bra.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem while losing weight and this is because most of female's body fat is stored in the boobies. My bra is not sagging and I really don't like it at all. I am guessing that after you lose the weight you want to lose; you should do exercises to keep them firm.

There is no exercise to keep boobs "firm". Pectoral muscles are behind the boobs. Building pectoral muscles, as much as a female can (which is not that much) doesn't make your breasts look bigger.