quick calories of shame

Options

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    personally i relish the embarrassing calories.. my favorite thing to add is (chinese buffet, one plate).. cracks me up everytime

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm chinese food. I like like 4-5 things ona plate and none of them touching.... a million plates later :drinker:
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    hummm Nutella....

lololol! I forgot about that stuff!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I never do that--just log it so I can see my sodium intake and what not.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yep, and I was just considering doing it. :) I went ahead and posted my meal. UGH! I've only used it 2 maybe 3 times in the last 4 months.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My weekends are full of them :(...usually b/c I know I ate crap but can't really describe it. Example--ate my son's left over french fries--one or two I would not record, but really, I ate them all...who does that...me.
  • helpmeherman
    helpmeherman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hate it when I see that in someone's diary! It makes diary stalking much harder.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hate it when I see that in someone's diary! It makes diary stalking much harder.

LOL, most of my friends write a note about the quick calories.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Meh, I have no shame. I only use that option when I truly can't find something in the database close to what I had.

Or I'm lazy...and most times I put in the notes what it was.
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    I do that even if its healthy, just don't know the calories. like if i go out to a restaurant and get chicken and broccoli sauteed in some kind of sauce but have no clue what the nutritional info is all i can do is guess. lol
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    OMGosh, had not thought about that!!! lol
  • CeliaJoy
    CeliaJoy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think everyone does if they are not afraid to admit it. I like the idea of not logging my alcohol. Too late for the 3 beers today but maybe next time. They were at least light ones! :tongue:
  • ihave42cats
    Options
    i've done that, but recently its mainly to add something that i can't remember what crazy weird brand name it had.

but i have added the 390 calories of the secret $1 cheeseburger that i so crave.

also to fool myself that i'm not over on my salt intake.

i also don't like to log coffee. i don't drink it with 8 sugars and a gallon of heavy cream, but it does clock in anywhere from 40-60 calories a cup. i'm trying to stand to drink it without milk or creamer. i learned to drink it without flavoring, and without sweeteners. we will see!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I immediately knew exactly what you wee speaking of,,,
    from one cheater to another
    I hang my head down in shame, and pray for the willingness to live a diggerent way today
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I definitely do it when my coworker makes her homemade special peanut butter chocolate brownie bites :( doesn't she know this is Beverly Hills! We don't do fatty foods here. Clean foods only :(

Now I didn't know the calorie count, so when I had 3 brownie bites, I put 500 calories. I look at them as my quick calories of shame.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    There's no shame in my game. I gladly lick the knife after I use it to spread peanut butter and eat the corner of a protein bar just to taste it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Ha! I did it yesterday. Though I don't think the item was that bad, calorie wise, taste wise, it was awful and barely ate half of it. it was a 4oz peanut garlic noodle box that I grabbed hurriedly at whole foods, it didn't have any nutrition info, which surprised me, but I guessed it around 300 calories based on some similiar items.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Haha! I've totally done this. More often than not, though, I use the "quick add calories" feature if I have a ballpark, but not exact, figure for a food item/meal...and I'd rather OVERestimate than underestimate what I'm taking in. :)
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've only done it on the weekends, like when my Mother was just visiting me and we were running around all day & I'm considering it a "splurge day". When I'm going out to eat and its going to be an estimate anyway. It saves me about 10 minutes of trying to guess the closest entry for every ingredient on my plate.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I definitely do it when my coworker makes her homemade special peanut butter chocolate brownie bites :( doesn't she know this is Beverly Hills! We don't do fatty foods here. Clean foods only :(

Now I didn't know the calorie count, so when I had 3 brownie bites, I put 500 calories. I look at them as my quick calories of shame.

Don't let Yummy cupcakes now about that no fatty food allowed in Bev Hills rule... Or Mulberry Pizzeria..
    dang.. now I'm craving both of those. :grumble: