Best class to take? (Ex. Zumba, Spinning, Bodypump, etc)

Options

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Bodypump! ive taken spinning before once...not my cup of tea...would try it again but doesnt fit my schedule. Zumba it REALLY dpends on the instructor. Step classes are awosome!
  • kneubee7
    kneubee7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love kickboxing!!! :)
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses!! Some great ideas in there!

My next (kind of stupid) question is: do you think they're worth the money?
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i think that depends on if you like the gym and the people there. i love love love my zumba! ive made a lot of friends so def worth the money for me =)
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i think that depends on if you like the gym and the people there. i love love love my zumba! ive made a lot of friends so def worth the money for me =)

Awesome that you made some friends! I'm going to for sure keep researching and make sure I can afford it!
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tried a TRX class and really loved it. It looked pretty easy, but it was a killer core workout and my instructor made it pretty cardio intense too.
  • Mikylee_Hintz
    Mikylee_Hintz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I Zumba and love it! I do not go to a gym to do it though since I am trying to save money. I found Youtube Videos and made a playlist with a warm up and about ten songs then a cool down video. Free if you have internet and a computer. I do it by myself in my kitchen. It is the one workout that I actually like to keep doing the whole time. I don't want to stop by the time the cool down comes on. I also have to say the more you do it, the better the workout will become. You learn how to move your body correctly with more experience, which makes it more challenging.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, but I love to dance.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I go to zumba once a week, and it serves as our night out together as well as good execrcise! She is lots more energetic than I am, but we both have fun, She usually comes home to mine after and I cook tea. Works on all levels!
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    boot camp. for me it's worth it. i can see muscles that i never knew were there!
  • nolachick85
    Options
    I'm a zumba fanatic, though I think most people either really love it or really hate it. I usually take it 3-5 times a week and really enjoy it. I have an "accountability partner" in my zumba class and we always encourage one another to go. There are so many evenings that I would have stayed in if it hadn't been for her support and motivation. I HIGHLY suggest finding a buddy with the same goals as you to help you!
    Spinning is always great but it can be too repetitive, so I think it all has to do with the instructor and the music. I enjoy it, but don't do it as often as I used to.
    Body pump is something I haven't tried yet. I am looking for a class that fits into my schedule at the moment though. Very soon.
    Yoga is always great from time to time, though I usually stick with intense cardio. I would suggest taking that from time to time.
    Kickboxing and boxing in general are always the best!
  • mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The on you enjoy the most, because you will be more consistent and thus see better results

^^This!
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    I love Zumba and I am by no means a dancer. My husband even went with me last week and he loved it, even though he was the only guy in the class. You burn a ton of calories, it's fun and I don't feel like it's too hard on my joints.
  • gottaluvya
    Options
    I love my BodyCombat class. It is a combo of various martial arts forms...just not hitting anyone/thing ) I would take it every day if I could lol. I also like the Cxworx class, which is a 30 minute core-focused class. I tried cycling but I could not get excited over it. Same with Zumba. So I think the BEST class is what YOU like and what will keep you coming back for more!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I love spinning. I really don't enjoy doing cardio, but spin classes keep me motivated and interested. My burns are also way higher in the classes. I make sure to choose a bike that is right up front so the instructor can harass me about form and resistance.

Just find something you like to do and stick with it. It doesn't have to be the most "hardcore" class the place offers either. It's all about what will keep you motivated to come in every day. I dropped my body fat percentage by 20% doing ballet and pilates. Neither are mega high-impact.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I might be biased but boxing imo
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My Monday night Kickboxing class I LOVE - gets all the stress and frustration out! (I get to hit **** so that helps)
  • leianno
    leianno Posts: 21
    Options
    WOW I'm so glad to hear this! I just started Body Pump. I really like the class but I'm a little embarassed that I can only do about half of it. But I"m not giving up.... I'm doing it twice a week starting this week and I know it will get easier as I go. I REALLY hope I have similar results that you have!
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses!! Some great ideas in there!

My next (kind of stupid) question is: do you think they're worth the money?

if you get a good life membership and use it, it's well worth the money, and I say Body Pump is amazing, nothing like trading in the fat for muscle!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Do what you love! I refuse to take anything I don't enjoy. Try a few out and see how you like them and how they fit your schedule! I love zumba, blackout and group power.