Weight loss rewards?

Options
I want to make a list of ways to reward myself all the way up to my goal weight. I think at my 10 pound mark I want to treat myself to an expensive pair of boots I've been admiring forever. I have a ways to go before I reach my goal weight though, so that means I need to think of some fun treats to work towards. Does anyone have a list or any ideas to share?

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    A chocolate cake and case of oreos for me.
  • aussiemegs82
    Options
    I don't recommend making food rewards, it sets a bad precendent and puts you in the mind set that bad food is a treat. Steer clear from that and see food as a neccessity and the rewards be more material based that you can do now you are fitter etc. Like new clothes, shoes accessories. I break my weight loss goals into smaller ones too, keeps me motivated. The first 5 kgs I bought new makeup. The next 5kgs a fancy scale. The next, a day at the salon. Stuff like that.
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A Supercar for me when i hit my goal...
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Someone once said, "Never reward yourself with food. You're not a dog." Not that I really take that into consideration, really. If I've had a good week I get some TCBY or a pumpkin spice latte.

Other goals are clothes (mainly because you have to because of the weight loss). Getting a manicure/pedicure (or spa treatment). Special trip somewhere. Tanning membership (I don't want to hear about the negatives to it lol). My ultimate goal is to have a photoshoot once I've hit my goal weight, but that won't be for a little while yet lol. Couple people I've known have down a piercing or tattoo.

Just wish we didn't have to pay for the rewards!!!
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Right now some of the rewards I have come up with for my self is a pair of nice earrings I want, some CDs I want, some new books. Things I have thought about and want, that way I am motivated to keep going. I also don't like to do it just for weight lost. If I push my self to consistently work out or even if I drop a pants size, that is enough for me to feel like rewarding myself. I havent had much weight loss, but I have had so many other positives that I feel like I deserve to reward myself. I also like to think, smaller to start and bigger rewards for the bigger goals.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Before I even started my weight loss, my hubby and I decided I could take scuba lessons once I was under 150 (healthy BMI, my goal), since it's something I've always wanted. Since I wanted to take the scuba lessons, my rewards were scuba related. 25 pounds lost and I got the books to study, 50 pounds lost and I got a scuba mask and 70 pounds would be the lessons.

Now, I lost 68, put a bunch back on and I'm losing again. So, I still get my lessons at under 150, but at 165 I'll get either the fins or snorkel.

Some ideas I've seen other people do:

$5 in a savings for each pound lost to be spent once the goal is reached
    Books
    Clothes
    Shoes
    Trips (even smaller ones, like to a spa or golfing)
    Fitness related stuff (heart rate monitor, running shoes, etc)
    "Cheat" day

Basically anything you want, but feel you should earn. I'd recommend every 25 pounds or so for slightly bigger things, if you have a lot to lose or one big thing at your goal if you don't have too much to go.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    For me...books! I bought a trilogy and cannot open them until I hit 50 pounds!...Not far off! I have bought clothes along the way...but they are almost always from my favorite designer....Clearance! I like the idea of a mani/pedi too...just haven't done that yet!

Good luck!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    A chocolate cake and case of oreos for me.

If I give you money, will you go halvesies?
    I don't recommend making food rewards, it sets a bad precendent and puts you in the mind set that bad food is a treat.

There is no such thing as "bad food". I'm sorry you have that problem.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have bunches of rewards to keep me going. They start small and get bigger/more expensive the more weight I lose. For example I have,
    videogame, pedicure, hair dye (at a salon not out of a box), lego set, new shoes, new outfit, tattoo, and ultimate prize: trip to Vegas with the bf.
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm big on clothing rewards - after all, as you lose, you'll need new, cute clothes!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    A trip to Las Vegas was my reward (in June 2012)

My final reward is a little black dress, Calvin Klein
    I got it last weekend, size 2!
    From a size 28W down to size 2!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I prefer to go the way of non-food rewards for weight loss. Just being able to fit into all the clothes of my closet is rewarding enough, honestly. Being able to walk into a store and buy cute, small clothes is also rewarding.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    A stupendous sports massage. I'll need it after all the exercise I've been doing.
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    a great non-food treat is music! I treat myself to an itunes card every goal, and it is a fun way to add to my music library =)
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A new outfit
    Perfume
    Trip to the hairdressers
    Spa day.

Think of anything that makes you feel good without undoing your hard work!!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I choose not to reward myself with things. The weight loss is its own reward. I dont feel the need to "bribe" myself.
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The first reward was a hoody that I'd been wanting but could never fit into. 112 pounds later, it fits :)

The next major one is that I'm planning to go to Belize next year if I continue to get in shape, where I will then proceed to very confidently walk around and swim for the first time in a decade or so. And then probably get a horrible sunburn and be in agony for the rest of my trip, but hey.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself with compression tights for the gym - they feel sooooooooo good. Also, organise face care products, a yummy smelling body moisturiser. Things that I can enjoy everyday.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    My first goal...getting back into my old clothes. Next goal- a trip to the beach. Final goal-a new dress for a wedding. 1 year anniversary goal ???
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    colonic irrigation.