I hit my first short-term goal today.

Options

Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Great job! My step son was 36lbs at 4 years old...you lost a 4 year old! THAT IS AMAZING!!!

I was also feeling down that no one had noticed my weight loss (Ive lost 26lbs) until one of my fellow MFPer reminded me that I was getting healthy for my family and that regardless if anyone noticed it or not the important people in my life did. Take pride in all your hard work and keep going! I am super proud of you and I dont even know you!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you're making amazing progress!! :drinker: In less than two months, you've learned that YOU CAN DO THIS.

It's not impossible, unreachable, hopeless, scary, pointless, too hard, a genetic flaw, too expensive, too time consuming, or any of the other little lies we tell ourselves before we're ready to commit to being a healthier, happier person.

Who cares if other people notice? (Although, to be perfectly honest, it sure feels good when they do! Affirmations!) Keep that inner pride, and know that your family is proud of what you're accomplishing, too! :drinker:

Keep up the great work, you'll be "wii-ing" with your family and having some great fun for years to come. Enjoy your camping trip, and keep us posted! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • rach89652
    rach89652 Posts: 26
    Options
    This is SOO good to hear. I am just starting out and I am only seeing 1.5 per week. I know I should be happy about that and blah blah blah BUT it just seems like so little when I feel like I am doing so much. So, to see someone half way through the tunnel, I can finally see that ,eventually, there will be a light down there! :)
  • donsch
    donsch Posts: 40
    Options
    i had one of those days myself. I am 5'1"(almost!) and I weighed in at my Dr's at 191!! i was horrified and embarrassed. I kept thinking "what would my husband think if he knew how much I weighed. That was Jan. '09. I have changed my life style and my life. Not every body notices but I sure do and my husband does. I am teetering between 163 and 165 and I am on a plateau -- but this is only temporary! I WILL get more off before I take out my summer clothes and then by the end of summer for my next goal!
    Hang in there--this is for you and your family-they are the ones who notice.
  • mynulife
    mynulife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS Chris:smile: ! The best thing about this site is that you realize there are many different levels that people are at but we are all in the same boat - it's just hard! Keep going - you'll get there!
  • taye4ever
    taye4ever Posts: 11
    Options
    That is GREAT! Keep up the good work and remember that we are all here for the same reason. We can only be as good as we allow ourselves to be.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:flowerforyou: That is an amazing accomplishment:smokin:
    On the Wii, I have the Wii sports and I do tennis and boxing on it, for right now that works fine for me, it doesn't matter as long as we move a little more every day. Get into a b oxing match with your wife or kids( on the Wii of course:bigsmile: ) and see how quick you are reving your heart rate up...
    Keep up the good work:drinker:
    Gabi
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wow.

Thanks for all the great comments and support guys.

You're making me all :blushing: ...
  • steph1499
    steph1499 Posts: 36
    Options
    Great Job. I know how you feel. I got on the scale and thought oh Im probably about 250. Im 5'11" I stepped on to find out I was 315. I almost started crying. Though I have been on and off dieting I have lost 31 pounds so far. I have the wii fit game and other too. You should look into your shape. You dont have to lose the board and jillian 2010 is good too. Your shape though you dont need any controls.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!!! Congrats to you!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey you've been on. Really gives hope that dreams can come true, if you're willing to put in some work. Thank you so much for sharing this. I cannot wait to hear your next update when you hit the 300 mark!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Your awesome!!! Congrats!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Awesome testimony! I would and I am sure a lot of the readers would like to continue to read about your journey. You are motivating us right along with you so, keep up the posting.
    Photog
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    Amazing!!!! :happy:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! Congratulations, and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congrats. Sometimes those "small" goals really mean alot. Thank you for sharing your story. It also helps me to know that guys struggle with their weight too. I am going with the same struggle to where none of my family seems to notice my weight loss, and my husband, as much as he tries to be "supportive" it just never comes across right. (He's super skinny, and can lose 10 lbs. in like a day!) So glad you (and I) have found a support system here to get us through and recognize our struggles and victories. Keep it up!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Congrats, good for you!! A lot of people that day would have just gone for another burger to make themselves feel better, but instead you took it and turned it around and started to get healthy. That is very admirable. Good luck on your way to your next goal, I'm glad you found your way to our little community! :flowerforyou:
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your first goal. Thanks for shareing your story, truely inspirational. Keep up the great work:happy:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can do it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!