What motivates you to exercise

Options
I want to know what makes you want to take time each day (or X number of days per week) to exercise?

Replies

• Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My future is uncertain - for the first time in years & I need to do this for me!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Nobody is going to do it for me.
  • ageorga10
    Options
    Motivated by happiness!!I don't want to be depressed anymore because of my weight!!
  • lmrw1959
    lmrw1959 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The feeling I get when I'm done.
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Being chased by zombies. Seriously "Zombies, Run!" is the greatest app ever.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be better than I am now.
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i have two dogs that wake up with my alarm and bother me til i walk them...once im out the door im fine...after dinner they start to bother me again to go for walk # 2. when we get back from that.. i get on my eliptical...its my "me" time...always feels amazing when i get done..and the results are worth it! i have an amazing bond with my dogs, we walk in all weather..twice a day...they keep me motivated because even when i dont feel like it..they do! cant say "no" to those big brown eyes..i am a sucker!! i will thank them when i lose 30 lbs
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been the picture I saw of my husband's ex on Facebook. The woman is bat *kitten* crazy, but skinny and beautiful.
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wanting to good naked motivates me to excersize. To feel better about myself, to gain more confidence and not be ashamed when I look in a mirror. I'm tired of not loving myself as much as I should. Excersize makes me feel great!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I want to know what makes you want to take time each day (or X number of days per week) to exercise?

It makes me functional for my job (deputy sheriff), it makes me functional for all sorts of fun activities, and makes chores more fun (stacking firewood) because I'm stronger. Most of all I look forward to my workouts. They are fun to me. Sure I have a few bad days where I don't feel like it and have to push through, but usually I feel better once I get going.

Oh the best one was recent and this made me totally happy:

I recently had my DXA scan done and at 51.5 years of age I have the bone density of a super athletic 30 year old. That is a direct result of lifting for over 30 years. Now if that is not scientific proof that lifting weights keeps you younger I don't know what is! Also I believe it is why most people think I look much younger than I really am. Because of this I don't have to worry about osteoporosis. If you wait until you are older and your bones start to deteriorate it's a bit too late, you can't get back what you lost, and you can only start a resistance routine that will prevent further damage.

That. Has got me motivated to never give up this lifestyle. Proof that it will make my quality of life better as I continue to age.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    crazy how much time I spent on the couch considering I'm loving being out exercising. So I guess the motivation is seeing my body is responding at 45 and previously 75 pounds overweight (still have 30 to go).
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    a few things motivate me.
    1-I feel good when I exercise.
    2-it makes me healthier
    3-my body looks better when I exercise while losing weight versus not exercising. I did this weight loss thing about 9 years ago without exercise and my body didn't change like it is now. plus the weightloss didn't stick!
    4- it gives me wiggle room in my calories intake...I can eat more if I want while I still lose weight. or use those calories toward my goal. when I am done losing I can just plain eat more just to maintain.

I figure I am creating a new lifestyle not just working out while losing this weight.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    lately it's been this site... because of this site, it's calculating extra calories i get to eat if i exercise.. not that i use them all but i really like to have the wiggle room... and coffee... one cup gives me the energy to get out there and do it!
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What motivates me? Meeting new muscles on my body that I've NEVER seen before... Love to see them take shape. Major motivation!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling that I did something for me!!!! Excercising gives me energy, makes me feel good and I lose weight!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • pode23
    pode23 Posts: 9
    Options
    Because right now, I can. And there will come a day when I can't. So while I can, I will.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been the picture I saw of my husband's ex on Facebook. The woman is bat *kitten* crazy, but skinny and beautiful.

Skinny & beautiful and bat crap crazy don't balance on the scales. That's why he's with you and not her. :)
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Food. I exercise because I love food.

:noway: Ifz I exercise, I can haz MOAR? :noway:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Well I run because I love running. It's the only time I get out alone, plug in my headphones and enjoy the endorphins. I love the feeling of getting faster and going farther. I love racing and pushing myself.

I have just discovered lifting. I don't love it but I LOVE what it's doing to my body. I love it so much I will sacrifice my running for more of it. 1" off my waist in 3 weeks. Yes please.
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Right now is the very 1st 5k that I will run in my life. I don't want to look like a punk all out of breath :P