What motivates you to exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• lamarnnem
    lamarnnem Posts: 189
    Options
    What motivates me is seeing that I accomplish things daily. It's ME time. It's family it's wanting to look good baked not just in clothes. It's the feeling after, it's all the food I get to eat burning calories. Great Question. Awesome feedback.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    After only 6 weeks with 3-4 weekly kettlebell workouts, I can already see a huge difference. I'm actually falling in love with my "new" arms - I've ALWAYS hated their shape - that alone would motivate me!

Then I can add my better posture, generally being in better shape and feeling good, slimmer waist, thighs and back - every time I want to skip a workout I look in the mirror and remind myself why I do it!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    To quote Elle Woods, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't.

But seriously, exercise makes me feel happy and helps combat depression, so...I gotta do it! Plus, I see better results on the scale when I do it.
    This is my favorite. And very true.

I feel so great when I am done.
  • Lincolnshire_Jock
    Options
    MFP is helping

Count and maintain calorie count = weight loss

Exercise, count and maintain calorie count = quicker weight loss

Only been doing this since 1st Oct and definitely noticing difference between training periods :-)
  • Les_Lamb57
    Les_Lamb57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Photos on the fridge door...at 18stone (Jan 2011) and 12st 12lb (Aug 2012) ... regualr cycling has been key and is now a part of my lifestyle.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    feel good, look good and generally don't feel like some arthritic geriatric going through a normal day and a teeeeny bit about being better than other people , at first better than other fat people, then being better than people my age, then being better than people a lot younger than me
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Exercise to me is like a cure-all for all ailments, better than any other fix:

1) Boredom (Challenges me!)
    2) Hyperactivity (Soothes me!)
    3) Tiredness (Wakes me up!)
    4) Hungry (Can eat more food!)
    5) Lonely (Distracts me!)
    6) Down (Cheers me up!)
    7) Wanna give up (Pushes me forward!)
    8) Confused, lost (Clears my head!)

Without it, I can imagine I would feel pretty miserable
  • tremenza
    tremenza Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    MFP motivates me mainly, seeing people who started off as a similar weight/shape as me and how they have transformed themselves has given me the hope that it is not impossible to have what they have.

I have been doing JM for 2 months now and my body has changed alot in such a short period of time it has inspired me to continue and to see what I can do if I carry on and put my mind to it. I have also discovered lifting and it seems to be an exercise I am growing to love!! So many things I never thought I would be saying!
  • awallin86
    Options
    I love exercising because I get to watch my inches drop off. I am a huge fan of measuring inches to just weighing. I have an excel sheet that I use to jot down my inches every month. When I exercise consistently they drop like flies! When I don't they stay the same or go up... Which reminds me that I have to keep at it to stay the same or lose weight.
    I am also a big fan of Nike Training Club! It gives you badges and points when you work out! I am getting ready to cross the 600 minutes mark (which is a heck of a lot of workouts). I also like the Couch to 5k app! It helps you stay motivated and reminds you of how far you've come!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    There is cable TV at the gym. We can only watch movies at home. :blushing:
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I just love it! It's my meditation time :) I have never had problems exercising... I just love food so dang much! :laugh:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about ex-smokers being the first to complain about smoking?

Well I'm an ex-'bat fastard' - That's why I (try) and keep on the straight and narrow!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    I just enjoy riding my bike.

Nothing more to say really.