Need to get going....

Options
Hey people. =) Its been ages since I have been on here. And it shows. I have just spent the last 2 weeks in Michigan with my mother, who lost her leg due to an infection that she could not fight off because of her diabetes. All the fear I had for her put aside, it was a serious reality check for me. This could be me in 15 years. I don't have diabetes, yet, but at what I weigh, it cant be far. I've gained back all but 4 pounds of what I've lost. I can't live like this anymore. I need a good kick in the *kitten*.

I have a new motto to live by, and I have written it all over my house.

I am not depriving myself, I am taking care of myself.

Replies

• katiepatati
    katiepatati Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You go girl!

Hope your mum is OK ... it may not feel like it now but it might be a blessing in disguise for you as now you have had your wake up call :)
    Good luck in your journey xx
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mom. You don't have to end up in poor health like her. Fight for your health!
  • brianty
    brianty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Steph...missed you here very much? I am glad to see you are back, it was inspiring to see your logging in each day and it was a great motivation for me. It is an everyday struggle and you are so strong...you CAN do this!!! My best to you and your mom! Deb Greer
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    im sorry about your mom! very scary!!! good luck girl you can do it!!!!
  • JeanetDK
    Options
    That's a great motto! I'm sorry about your mother. Diabetes is also in my family and I'm struggling not to end there where something like loosing a leg is a real threat.