Ready to make some changes

Options
This is my first day back since April 2012. I am now 10lbs heavier. I want to stick with it and lose weight this time. I have made some positive changes in my life. I enrolled in college after 17 years of saying i will go back someday. I am doing well there. Now it is time for me to change my body. I am 36 and unhealthy. I want to keep up with my three daughters and honestly be one of the pretty Mommys. I have used food as a comfort and a reward for too long. I am hoping if this time I post and log I will stick with it.

Replies

• kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is my first day back since April 2012. I am now 10lbs heavier. I want to stick with it and lose weight this time. I have made some positive changes in my life. I enrolled in college after 17 years of saying i will go back someday. I am doing well there. Now it is time for me to change my body. I am 36 and unhealthy. I want to keep up with my three daughters and honestly be one of the pretty Mommys. I have used food as a comfort and a reward for too long. I am hoping if this time I post and log I will stick with it.

I am a mother and a nontraditional college student as well and I can tell you, If you set your mind to it.... you WILL do it!

I procrastinated... I convinced myself I was happy where I was...I have half effort attempts...BUT I am here now and doing it! I have lost 22 lbs in 80 days! It's not a ton but it's 22 lbs less than before! ;)

Log and portion everything you eat! Just make it a habit and you will become so much more aware of what you are putting in your body. This should make you want to do better once you are seeing the amounts! It is hard in the beginning but the extra weight you are carrying around is really hard...and it limits your life. I feel like its worth it to take a year and make serious health and body changes...so that I can enjoy the next 50 years of my life with my daughter and hopefully someday grandchildren! (daughter's 4...so yes, that comment is a little premature!)

Have a great day... and if you want support on your journey... feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • angieb74
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Only problem is I keep having to restart everyday. I don't know what it is but I'm eating all the time. But I've started to notice a pattern for example yesterday a bit stressful (family situation with my parents). I did great all day long until it became evening time when I finally get to sit down or just relax (I'm 38 with a 28 month old daughter) the stress just seemed to hit me and I began to eat everything I can't even tell you if I was hungry or craving anything in particular I just ate whatever was available. I'd been using these green coffee bean extract pills that are supposed to help with all the cravings .... WHAT HAPPENED?

I realized I need to stop taking those and start paying attention to why I'm eating when I'm eating. Food became a reward for everything ever since I became a mother. So I totally understand where you are coming from. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can help each other out. And congrats on going back to school that's amazing. I just sent out a post to another person who had a not so good day yesterday and I told her to take a positive inventory of her life (everything that she was really happy to have, know, feel, etc). Because we always seem to look and concentrate on all the things we don't like instead of thinking about all the great things that surround us.

Wishing you success in school, health and life in general.
    Angie
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do this!!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can add me if you like!
  • CurvyJen384
    Options
    I'm completely with you on using food as a reward comfort. Feel free to add me, I just started too. Good luck!