Loved the book but hated the movie

Options
124»

Replies

• aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    Jarhead. I walked out of the movie after 20 minutes.

I'm not sure which is worse. That you tried to watched Jarhead, or actually READ THE BOOK!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every one in existence, save about 5 or 6!

Most recently, The Help.

I still need to read this so I can finally see the movie!

I recommend seeing the movie first. You might hate it less if you haven't yet read the book and figured out that the people who made the movie gutted every bit of deepness from the book and made it a touchy-feely Hollywood sham.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I read a LOT and I am almost never happy with the film adaptation. This is why , even though I love Emma Watson, I am scared to see the Perks of Being a Wallflower. Adapting into a mini series is u sually much better. Most notably, for me, The John Jakes North and South trilogy. Did they change it to adapt it, oh yeah, but it was still very good. Also Game of Thrones is amazing.

I saw that with a friend who read the book and my daughter has read and seen it and they both said the movie was done really well. I haven't read it yet, so I can't comment. But the author wrote the screenplay and directed the movie, if that helps. It was really amazing and the soundtrack is incredible!
  • BrookeRachelleH
    Options
    Most Stephen King books, with the exception of The Shining. I will, of course, still watch them simply because I am a HUGE SK fan. The Mist has to be the worse though. Simply because it ends differently (and horribly!!)
    Also I loved both the book and movie of Interview with a Vampire but Queen of the Damned was absolutely horrible and did not follow the book at all. It is probably my #1 worst book to movie adaptation ever.
  • BrookeRachelleH
    Options
    Oh how could I forget Stephen King's The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me (short story The Body)...those are also really GOOD adaptations!