Getting there 30lbs down!!

Options
BigG59
BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
I had lost 7lbs before joining MFP.

At today's weigh in I have lost 30lbs in 3 months. I have been averaging 2lbs a week. Being diagnosed T2 is not great but it sure is a motivation to losing some weight.

[img][/img]8124663689_fe383e81c0.jpg
Before Oct 2012 by Big Gs, on Flickr

Taken over 4 inches off my waist. Blood Sugar control much better and feeling great.

I have found seeing others results over the past 3 months an additional motivation so thought I would share too.

Replies

• misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats! your right it is motivating and it keeps me going :) Thank you xx
  • litaita
    litaita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job and looking good! Also kudos on your blood sugars.
  • mlcampos
    Options
    Great Job!!! 30 lbs is my goal.. I am down 17lbs so far, looking forward to a healther me! Thanks for sharing!!
  • rvli1
    rvli1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!!! And way to go on blood sugar control!!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome for you. Espcially with the T2 - it's such a nasty disease.
  • CatherineWall123
    CatherineWall123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I hit a plateau so you're motivating me to push through :)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    GREAT job and GO, COWBOYS!!!!
  • TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Excellent and Go Cowboys!
  • anneeb
    anneeb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • nikkv
    nikkv Posts: 6
    Options
    wow amazing Good job :)
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! job well done! you look awesome thanks for sharing!!!! im at 25lbs down and love it!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month is awesome!!! Don't get frustrated if it slows down a bit. I don't know about guys but for me the first few months was when the weight seemed to melt off. Now its slower and getting harder. YOu have the drive and determination so keep it up. You'll be there in no time at all! woooo hoooo!!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive comments folks, must admit it has been easier than I thought it would be. This app is great.

I have completely cut out bread, beer, butter, chocolate and dramatically reduced my alcohol intake (my biggest weakness), I set my calories at 1400 per day, have exercised every day I am at home and try and stay in hotels with gyms when away on business. Training in a gym on top of a hotel in Casablanca over looking the city and then again in Dubai over looking the Gulf were pretty cool.

I try and eat back my exercise calories, but, to be honest after cutting out all the naughty stuff I struggle to eat the volume. So it usually ends up less than 1400!!

Never realised how good an apple chopped up with some fat free Greek yoghurt and Cinnamon was till a few months back.

My wife has been great, she is a fantastic cook, so been cooking from the Hairy Dieters Cookbook (UK TV show), some great tasty recipes. This evening was Italian Meatballs 260 Calories per serving plus brown pasta another 150 ish calories.

As for the Cowboys Tees-shirt, found it in a discount bin at a store here in UK. I'm a Steelers fan do not want to get that shirt all stinky in the gym :)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!