Post 30 Day Shred

Options
13»

Replies

• pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey did you guys see Jillian has a new DVD out today? Called "Yoga Meltdown." Has 2 levels that are 25 minutes each.. I think I need to go get this and start mixing it up with the Shred.

I think I've decided to get the diet book too and follow her 30 day diet plan. Will have to find it though.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I lost an inch off my hips, half an inch off my thighs, and if you don't count the last day or two, a total of 6 pounds. It doesn't sound like much, but I can see such a difference!! I see definition that wasn't there before; I have a waist that didn't used to be there; I have killer thighs! Plus I've developed the workout habit - I feel weird if I go a day w/o working out!

The gains in my confidence were huge, too. I went from hiding in huge Tshirts to walking around the house in tanks and wearing much tighter shirts out!

awesome i just started im on L1d7 and i did take my measurements i havent weighed myself and don't want to i tend to get discouraged easily but i plan on taking my measurements in the middle of L2 probabaly D5. I have to say so far my thighs are rock hard/haha
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just a question for you shred grads.... I'm sorry if you probably heard this a dozen times just wanna make sure cuz I'm starting the MARCH SHRED group today.

#1. How often do you do the shred? Everyday of the week? or alternate with other workouts?
    #2 How long do you do each level for?

Just wanna find the most effective way to get the most out of it.

Thanks. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I did it *almost* every day. Aiming for daily had multiple benefits, IMHO.
    #1, the faster results and progress.
    #2 developing the workout habit (I now feel off if I don't workout a day) and
    #3, knowing that I will be fine if I do have to miss a day for a legit excuse
    ("I'm tired" and "I don't feel like it" are not legit to me, while "I have to go here, then here, then here, and it will be 10pm before I can sit down is).
  • mschelle
    Options
    Just a question for you shred grads.... I'm sorry if you probably heard this a dozen times just wanna make sure cuz I'm starting the MARCH SHRED group today.

#1. How often do you do the shred? Everyday of the week? or alternate with other workouts?
    #2 How long do you do each level for?

Just wanna find the most effective way to get the most out of it.

Thanks. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

("I'm tired" and "I don't feel like it" are not legit to me, while "I have to go here, then here, then here, and it will be 10pm before I can sit down is).

I did each level 10 days, and for me that was just about right. I was ready to move on by then.
  • mschelle
    Options
    Hey did you guys see Jillian has a new DVD out today? Called "Yoga Meltdown." Has 2 levels that are 25 minutes each.. I think I need to go get this and start mixing it up with the Shred.

I think I've decided to get the diet book too and follow her 30 day diet plan. Will have to find it though.

I was just thinking I'm missing yoga (I am so stiff since I went to the 45 minute programs!). Let us know how it is!!!
  • cheermom614
    Options
    I'm almost done with the 30 day shred and I'm moving onto a Kettle bell workout DVD. They've used kettle bells on The Biggest Loser and I've heard great things about what a total body workout you get. I love Jillian so we'll see if this competes.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

I did each level 10 days, and for me that was just about right. I was ready to move on by then.

Thanks so much for ur response, I thought my question had been over looked. at first I thought 10 days would be too repetitive and I'd get bored, but after my first time last night, WOAH! there's no way that will get easy after just a few tries.

Thanks again!
  • mschelle
    Options
    Thanks so much for ur response, I thought my question had been over looked. at first I thought 10 days would be too repetitive and I'd get bored, but after my first time last night, WOAH! there's no way that will get easy after just a few tries.

Thanks again!

Hey now, I never said the word "EASY"!! LOL!
  • mschelle
    Options
    Did NMTZ again today. I find myself preferring to do this one because the BFBM kills me. I have always had a rough time with endurance things, even as a child (when I was skinny!). 20 years of smoking and mild asthma probably doesn't help now, either.

So part of me is calling myself chicken for not pushing the cardio more; part of me knows my O2 capacity is crap and always will be. Plus, my resting pulse is 90-100 and always has been. I had a doctor once tell me I can basically walk to get to the fat-burning cardio level. But I want to push myself. But I love the results from the weights. But I keep making excuses. Help?
  • mschelle
    Options
    I finally tried Jillian's Yoga DVD (finally..it's been out a week, I think..LOL!)

I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Granted, I've done yoga on and off for 15 years (so the moves are familiar), and this time I only did Level 1, but it was less yoga and more dynamic lunging with a couple basic Sun Salutations thrown in. I scanned Level 2 and that's a bit better, but I think this is better as a toning supplement than a flexibility and balance program - which is what I look for in a yoga video.

Any one else tried it?