Does anyone use a physical object for motivation?

Options
Hey Gang!

I was just wondering if any of us use a physical object for motivation. I have heard of people leave out a bikini or a dress they want to fit into. But I was looking for other ideas of something physical i can keep to keep me motivated on days where i am just feeling blah and want to give up. Any Ideas????

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well...I had bins of clothes in my attic from before I was married/had a kid. A lot of them were really nice because I spent my money more freely then. I wanted to wear them. I did. Now most of them are too big or still fit great! I never bought anything specific that I wanted to fit in though. There were two pairs of jeans in the bins that I was dying to get back into. The first ones I only got to wear a few times before they were too big!
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    if you count a mirror as a physical object.....that is what keeps me motivated...ohh and i do admit i have my "skinny" shorts hanging up in the bathroom that i still will put on time to time even though its too cold to wear them...just t make sure they still fit LOL
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a size 6 (usa) dress that I keep right in front of my closet. So I look at it and want to wear it always.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Does a whip count?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans...they match a corset and were Azac fashion runways that they were selling at the end of the season...I've had them since September 2008...I still can't wear them, but I've dropped several sizes and now I can get them on, but not buttoned...when I first got them I couldn't get them over my knees...so YAY...sometime before I die I will get them on...it won't be today...it may not even be soon...but this journey will simply not end until I do get them on...and it will probably continue just so I can keep getting them on...
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My husband...HA

he has lost 90lbs and is now smaller than me and I HATE that!!
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    My husband...HA

he has lost 90lbs and is now smaller than me and I HATE that!!

My boyfriend is already way smaller than me, and I'd be unhealthy i think if I was his size, although him being that small does help a little, even though he loved me at my heaviest.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    My wife uses the thought of a bikini but not a physical one. I use the current shape of my body and the shape I want it to be. Not too far off but a work in progress.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Dirtiest topic ever :p
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I gave each of my four children a taser and then I told them if I stop moving or start eating something I'm not supposed to eat, to zap away :)
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I actually have many clothes in sizes I can no longer fit into, that motivate me.
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a Pandora bracelet that I buy a charm for every 10 pounds I lose. It is oddly motivating to me.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts, but my Mp3 player.

I love music. When I'm feeling unmotivated and blah a few min of zoning out and head bopping to a favorite song really seems to pick me up. I don't know why, but then I seem to have the energy to go ahead and get the days exercise out of the way.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hee here. Yes. I love that my hubby thinks my butts look great. He is my physical motivation.
  • holly78
    Options
    I gave each of my four children a taser and then I told them if I stop moving or start eating something I'm not supposed to eat, to zap away :)

bahahahaha...this made me lol.
  • holly78
    Options
    I have a Pandora bracelet that I buy a charm for every 10 pounds I lose. It is oddly motivating to me.

Great Idea! I have one too perhaps I will do the same!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use before pictures and tape them around the house. I also use postcards from places I plan on going.
    Things like your yearbook for reunions, a wedding invitation, etc. Its really whater gets you going.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I use my fat *kitten* in the mirror at the gym and I picked up a closing pin at my dropzone that I wear around my neck to remind myself of my goals.
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I also have a braclet that I wear with a motivation quote on it. Picked the quote myself. (got on etsy)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't personally... I suppose I have a few things lingering in my closet that don't QUITE fit me yet, but it's not like I take them out and look at them.

I do, however, like to look at pics of people's success stories ... had to carefully phrase that so I wasn't saying "I like to look at pictures of hot chicks on the internet" but I guess that's what it is, haha!!! Some of my MFP friends are rockin it so I do take a look at them and think, ya know, that could be me if I stick to it..

edit to add: I also (before I moved) had post-its all over my house with inspirational food/nutrition quotes - inside of the fridge, inside of the snacks cupboard, inside of the bathroom medicine cabinet, etc