Cycling carbs for FAST WEIGHT LOSS? Need input!

Options
I read an article about cycling carbs for thee fastest weight loss results.& was wondering if anyone else has heard of this or tried it. If so what were the results?

Replies

• MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    i always zig-zag, I actually never realized I have always done it until I started to log my food on here (I have been slacking)
    I can say, for me, it works. I told a co worker about that, he now does it and sees it working for him.

I am trying to explain and show my girlfriend how it works...

so, I say it works

:drinker:
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Google Shelby Starnes for carb cycling and John Kiefer for Carb Nite Solution and Carb Backloading.

Both have articles on EliteFTS.com.

Kiefer's blog is called DangerouslyHardcore.com.

Both are very well versed in carb cycling/carb timing and train high level athletes as well as help regular folks.
  • Mscastillo85
    Mscastillo85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback. I just heard about through an article a friend on mine posted on fb. He's in the military & is in great shape so it motivated me to look into this. I'm not big on sweets but I do LOVE carbs. Carbs are my biggest weakness beads, pasta, white sauces & potatoes. Oh & alcohol :/ lol
  • donnantx
    Options
    Carb Cycling is how Chris Powell of Extreme Weightloss Makeover Addition gets his clients to lose all that weight. I myself havent tried it because I am addicted to "white" carbs...so I am just trying to stay away from the white stuff as much as I can.
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    If you do Carb Backloading, you don't have to stay away from the high GI (white) carbs.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    There's no evidence that it would yield any greater weight loss than a linear caloric deficit/macronutrient intake.
  • Mscastillo85
    Options
    Donna I'm a TX girl myself so I get it. I love my carbs but they don't love me! lol I didn't know that was the method used on the show. I've never watched the show but I've heard about it.
  • Mscastillo85
    Options
    NICCCCE! :D
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    So if you Carb cycle, what would the macros look like on Day 1/Day 2?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There's no evidence that it would yield any greater weight loss than a linear caloric deficit/macronutrient intake.

And we have a winner!
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    Since OP doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, I'd think she'd be more interested in fat loss and muscle preservation, for which carb cycling has proven to be very effective.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options
    Since OP doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, I'd think she'd be more interested in fat loss and muscle preservation, for which carb cycling has proven to be very effective.

But is it any more effective than a linear calorie/macronutrient intake.

If you're saying it is, you need to come up with more proof than "I like it."
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options

Read the CBL book and its 30 pages of peer reviewed scientific journals in the works cited.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Read the CBL book and its 30 pages of peer reviewed scientific journals in the works cited.

Can you link a few of the studies?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

And we have a winner!

Yeppers.
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    Reference 1
     Newsholme EA, Dimitriadis G. Integration of biochemical and physiologic effects of
    insulin on glucose metabolism. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2001;109 Suppl 2:S122-
    34. Review.
     Rivellese AA, De Natale C, Di Marino L, Patti L, Iovine C, Coppola S, Del Prato S, Riccardi
    G, Annuzzi G. Exogenous and endogenous postprandial lipid abnormalities in type 2
    diabetic patients with optimal blood glucose control and optimal fasting triglyceride
    levels. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 May;89(5):2153-9.
     Chen YD, Swami S, Skowronski R, Coulston A, Reaven GM. Differences in postprandial
    lipemia between patients with normal glucose tolerance and noninsulin-dependent
    diabetes mellitus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1993 Jan;76(1):172-7.
     Stinson JC, Owens D, McBrinn S, Collins P, Johnson A, Tomkin GH. The regulation of
    post-prandial cellular cholesterol metabolism in type 2 diabetic and non-diabetic
    subjects. Diabet Med. 1993 Jun;10(5):420-6.
     Strandberg TE, Tilvis RS, Lindberg O, Valvanne J, Sairanen S, Ehnholm C, Tuomilehto J.
    High plasma insulin is associated with lower LDL cholesterol in elderly individuals.
    Atherosclerosis. 1996 Apr 5;121(2):267-73.
    Reference 2
     Brandi LS, Santoro D, Natali A, Altomonte F, Baldi S, Frascerra S, Ferrannini E. Insulin
    resistance of stress: sites and mechanisms. Clin Sci (Lond). 1993 Nov;85(5):525-35.
     Petrides AS, Luzi L, DeFronzo RA. Time-dependent regulation by insulin of leucine
    metabolism in young healthy adults. Am J Physiol. 1994 Sep;267(3 Pt 1):E361-8.
     Jensen MD, Miles JM, Gerich JE, Cryer PE, Haymond MW. Preservation of insulin effects
    on glucose production and proteolysis during fasting. Am J Physiol. 1988 Jun;254(6 Pt
    1):E700-7.
     Fryburg DA, Barrett EJ, Louard RJ, Gelfand RA. Effect of starvation on human muscle
    protein metabolism and its response to insulin. Am J Physiol. 1990 Oct;259(4 Pt 1):E477-
    82. -1-199-
     Gelfand RA, Barrett EJ. Effect of physiologic hyperinsulinemia on skeletal muscle protein
    synthesis and breakdown in man. J Clin Invest. 1987 Jul;80(1):1-6.
     Bonadonna RC, Saccomani MP, Seely L, Zych KS, Ferrannini E, Cobelli C, DeFronzo RA.
    Glucose transport in human skeletal muscle. The in vivo response to insulin. Diabetes.
    1993 Jan;42(1):191-8.
     Tessari P, Inchiostro S, Biolo G, Vincenti E, Sabadin L. Effects of acute systemic
    hyperinsulinemia on forearm muscle proteolysis in healthy man. J Clin Invest. 1991
    Jul;88(1):27-33.
     Brooks DC, Bessey PQ, Black PR, Aoki TT, Wilmore DW. Insulin stimulates branched
    chain amino acid uptake and diminishes nitrogen flux from skeletal muscle of injured
    patients. J Surg Res. 1986 Apr;40(4):395-405.
     Fryburg DA, Jahn LA, Hill SA, Oliveras DM, Barrett EJ. Insulin and insulin-like growth
    factor-I enhance human skeletal muscle protein anabolism during hyperaminoacidemia
    by different mechanisms. J Clin Invest. 1995 Oct;96(4):1722-9.
     Denne SC, Liechty EA, Liu YM, Brechtel G, Baron AD. Proteolysis in skeletal muscle and
    whole body in response to euglycemic hyperinsulinemia in normal adults. Am J Physiol.
    1991 Dec;261(6 Pt 1):E809-14.
     Inculet RI, Finley RJ, Duff JH, Pace R, Rose C, Groves AC, Woolf LI. Insulin decreases
    muscle protein loss after operative trauma in man. Surgery. 1986 Jun;99(6):752-8.
     Luzi L, Giordano M, Caloni, Castellino P. Effects of insulin and amino acids on leucine
    metabolism in young and middle-aged humans. Eur J Nutr. 2001 Jun;40(3):106-12.
     Biolo G, Wolfe RR. Insulin action on protein metabolism. Baillieres Clin Endocrinol
    Metab. 1993 Oct;7(4):989-1005. Review.
     Pozefsky T, Felig P, Tobin JD, Soeldner JS, Cahill GF Jr. Amino acid balance across
    tissues of the forearm in postabsorptive man. Effects of insulin at two dose levels. J Clin
    Invest. 1969 Dec;48(12):2273-82.
    Reference 3:
     Boden G, Chen X, Desantis RA, Kendrick Z. Effects of insulin on fatty acid
    reesterification in healthy subjects. Diabetes. 1993 Nov;42(11):1588-93.
     Campbell PJ, Carlson MG, Hill JO, Nurjhan N. Regulation of free fatty acid metabolism
    by insulin in humans: role of lipolysis and reesterification. Am J Physiol. 1992 Dec;263(6
    Pt 1):E1063-9.
     Groop LC, Bonadonna RC, Simonson DC, Petrides AS, Shank M, DeFronzo RA. Effect of
    insulin on oxidative and nonoxidative pathways of free fatty acid metabolism in human
    obesity. Am J Physiol. 1992 Jul;263(1 Pt 1):E79-84.
     Sidossis LS, Wolfe RR. Glucose and insulin-induced inhibition of fatty acid oxidation: the
    glucose-fatty acid cycle reversed. Am J Physiol. 1996 Apr;270(4 Pt 1):E733-8.
     Meek SE, Nair KS, Jensen MD. Insulin regulation of regional free fatty acid metabolism.
    Diabetes. 1999 Jan;48(1):10-4.
     Jacob S, Hauer B, Becker R, Artzner S, Grauer P, Loblein K, Nielsen M, Renn W, Rett K,
    Wahl HG, Stumvoll M, Haring HU. Lipolysis in skeletal muscle is rapidly regulated by low
    physiological doses of insulin. Diabetologia. 1999 Oct;42(10):1171-4.
     Stumvoll M, Jacob S, Wahl HG, Hauer B, Loblein K, Grauer P, Becker R, Nielsen M,
    Renn W, Haring H. Suppression of systemic, intramuscular, and subcutaneous adipose
    tissue lipolysis by insulin in humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000 Oct;85(10):3740-5.
     Dyck DJ, Steinberg G, Bonen A. Insulin increases FA uptake and esterification but
    reduces lipid utilization in isolated contracting muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab.
    2001 Sep;281(3): E600-7.
     Bonadonna RC, Groop LC, Zych K, Shank M, DeFronzo RA. Dose-dependent effect of
    insulin on plasma free fatty acid turnover and oxidation in humans. Am J Physiol. 1990
    Nov;259(5 Pt 1):E736-50.
     characteristics for suppression of glycerol release and conversion to glucose in humans.
    Diabetes. 1986 Dec;35(12):1326-31.
     Coppack SW, Frayn KN, Humphreys SM, Dhar H, Hockaday TD. Effects of insulin on
    human adipose tissue metabolism in vivo. Clin Sci (Lond). 1989 Dec;77(6):663-70.
     Arner P, Bolinder J, Ostman J. Glucose stimulation of the antilipolytic effect of insulin in
    humans. Science. 1983 Jun 3;220(4601):1057-9.
     Capaldo B, Napoli R, Di Marino L, Guida R, Pardo F, Sacca L. Role of insulin and free
    fatty acid (FFA) availability on regional FFA kinetics in the human forearm. J Clin
    Endocrinol Metab. 1994 Sep;79(3):879-82.
     Pimenta WP, Saad MJ, Paccola GM, Piccinato CE, Foss MC. Effect of oral glucose on
    peripheral muscle fuel metabolism in fasted men. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1989;22(4):465-
    Reference 4:
     Borer KT. Hormonal regulation of fuel use in exercise. In: Exercise endocrinology.
    Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2003:97–120.
     Volek JS, Sharman MJ, Love DM, Avery NG, Gómez AL, Scheett TP, Kraemer WJ. Body
    composition and hormonal responses to a carbohydrate-restricted diet. Metabolism
    2002;51: 864–70.
     Jensen MD, Haymond MW, Gerich JE, Cryer PE, Miles JM. Lipolysis during fasting.
    Decreased suppression by insulin and increased stimulation by epinephrine. J Clin
    Invest. 1987 Jan;79(1): 207-13.
    Reference 5:
     Feinman RD, Fine EJ. Nonequilibrium thermodynamics and energy efficiency in weight
    loss diets. Theor Biol Med Model. 2007 Jul 30;4:27. Review.
     Asmar M, Simonsen L, Madsbad S, Stallknecht B, Holst JJ, Bülow J. Glucose-dependent
    insulinotropic polypeptide may enhance fatty acid re-esterification in subcutaneous
    abdominal adipose tissue in lean humans. Diabetes. 2010 Sep;59(9):2160-3.
    Chapter 8
    Reference 1:
     Macfarlane GT, Gibson GR, Cummings JH. Comparison of fermentation reactions in
    different regions of the human colon. J Appl Bacteriol. 1992 Jan;72(1):57-64.
     Sunvold GD, Hussein HS, Fahey GC Jr, Merchen NR, Reinhart GA. In vitro fermentation
    of cellulose, beet pulp, citrus pulp, and citrus pectin using fecal inoculum from cats,
    dogs, horses, humans, and pigs and ruminal fluid from cattle. J Anim Sci. 1995
    Dec;73(12):3639-48.
     Titgemeyer EC, Bourquin LD, Fahey GC Jr, Garleb KA. Fermentability of various fiber
    sources by human fecal bacteria in vitro. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991 Jun;53(6):1418-24.
     Bourquin LD, Titgemeyer EC, Fahey GC Jr. Vegetable fiber fermentation by human fecal
    bacteria: cell wall polysaccharide disappearance and short-chain fatty acid production
    during in vitro fermentation and water-holding capacity of unfermented residues. J Nutr.
    1993 May;123(5):860-9.
     Bourquin LD, Titgemeyer EC, Fahey GC Jr, Garleb KA. Fermentation of dietary fibre by
    human colonic bacteria: disappearance of, short-chain fatty acid production from, and
    potential water-holding capacity of, various substrates. Scand J Gastroenterol. 1993
    Mar;28(3):249-55.
     Bourquin LD, Titgemeyer EC, Garleb KA, Fahey GC Jr. Short-chain fatty acid production
    and fiber degradation by human colonic bacteria: effects of substrate and cell wall
    fractionation procedures. J Nutr. 1992 Jul;122(7):1508-20.
     Daniel M, Wisker E, Rave G, Feldheim W. Fermentation in human subjects of nonstarch
    polysaccharides in mixed diets, but not in a barley fiber concentrate, could be predicted
    by in vitro fermentation using human fecal inocula. J Nutr. 1997 Oct;127(10):1981-8.
     Fernandes J, Rao AV, Wolever TM. Different substrates and methane producing status
    affect short-chain fatty acid profiles produced by In vitro fermentation of human feces. J
    Nutr. 2000 Aug;130(8):1932-6.
     Dongowski G, Lorenz A, Anger H. Degradation of pectins with different degrees of
    esterification by Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron isolated from human gut flora. Appl
    Environ Microbiol. 2000 Apr;66(4):1321-7.
     Topping DL, Clifton PM. Short-chain fatty acids and human colonic function: roles of
    resistant starch and nonstarch polysaccharides. Physiol Rev. 2001 Jul;81(3):1031-64.
    Review.
    Reference 2:
     Baer DJ, Rumpler WV, Miles CW, Fahey GC Jr. Dietary fiber decreases the metabolizable
    energy content and nutrient digestibility of mixed diets fed to humans. J Nutr. 1997
    Apr;127(4):579-86.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    FWIW - I am not aware of any studies that show any appreciable difference between carb cycling and not. That being said, many people will carb cycle to provide energy for their workouts (as opposed to using it for fat loss per se).

There is some evidence, compelling but not conclusive, to suggest that there may be some benefit to having more carbs at night - which is not carb cycling. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475137
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Exactly.

You are over complicating things.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Reference 1
     Newsholme EA, Dimitriadis G. Integration of biochemical and physiologic effects of
    insulin on glucose metabolism. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2001;109 Suppl 2:S122-
    34. Review.
     Rivellese AA, De Natale C, Di Marino L, Patti L, Iovine C, Coppola S, Del Prato S, Riccardi
    G, Annuzzi G. Exogenous and endogenous postprandial lipid abnormalities in type 2
    diabetic patients with optimal blood glucose control and optimal fasting triglyceride
     Chen YD, Swami S, Skowronski R, Coulston A, Reaven GM. Differences in postprandial
     Stinson JC, Owens D, McBrinn S, Collins P, Johnson A, Tomkin GH. The regulation of
    post-prandial cellular cholesterol metabolism in type 2 diabetic and non-diabetic
     Strandberg TE, Tilvis RS, Lindberg O, Valvanne J, Sairanen S, Ehnholm C, Tuomilehto J.
    High plasma insulin is associated with lower LDL cholesterol in elderly individuals.
    Reference 2
     Brandi LS, Santoro D, Natali A, Altomonte F, Baldi S, Frascerra S, Ferrannini E. Insulin
    resistance of stress: sites and mechanisms. Clin Sci (Lond). 1993 Nov;85(5):525-35.
     Petrides AS, Luzi L, DeFronzo RA. Time-dependent regulation by insulin of leucine
     Jensen MD, Miles JM, Gerich JE, Cryer PE, Haymond MW. Preservation of insulin effects
    on glucose production and proteolysis during fasting. Am J Physiol. 1988 Jun;254(6 Pt
     Fryburg DA, Barrett EJ, Louard RJ, Gelfand RA. Effect of starvation on human muscle
    protein metabolism and its response to insulin. Am J Physiol. 1990 Oct;259(4 Pt 1):E477-
    82. -1-199-
     Gelfand RA, Barrett EJ. Effect of physiologic hyperinsulinemia on skeletal muscle protein
     Bonadonna RC, Saccomani MP, Seely L, Zych KS, Ferrannini E, Cobelli C, DeFronzo RA.
    Glucose transport in human skeletal muscle. The in vivo response to insulin. Diabetes.
     Tessari P, Inchiostro S, Biolo G, Vincenti E, Sabadin L. Effects of acute systemic
    hyperinsulinemia on forearm muscle proteolysis in healthy man. J Clin Invest. 1991
     Brooks DC, Bessey PQ, Black PR, Aoki TT, Wilmore DW. Insulin stimulates branched
    chain amino acid uptake and diminishes nitrogen flux from skeletal muscle of injured
     Fryburg DA, Jahn LA, Hill SA, Oliveras DM, Barrett EJ. Insulin and insulin-like growth
    factor-I enhance human skeletal muscle protein anabolism during hyperaminoacidemia
     Denne SC, Liechty EA, Liu YM, Brechtel G, Baron AD. Proteolysis in skeletal muscle and
    whole body in response to euglycemic hyperinsulinemia in normal adults. Am J Physiol.
     Inculet RI, Finley RJ, Duff JH, Pace R, Rose C, Groves AC, Woolf LI. Insulin decreases
    muscle protein loss after operative trauma in man. Surgery. 1986 Jun;99(6):752-8.
     Luzi L, Giordano M, Caloni, Castellino P. Effects of insulin and amino acids on leucine
     Biolo G, Wolfe RR. Insulin action on protein metabolism. Baillieres Clin Endocrinol
     Pozefsky T, Felig P, Tobin JD, Soeldner JS, Cahill GF Jr. Amino acid balance across
    tissues of the forearm in postabsorptive man. Effects of insulin at two dose levels. J Clin
    Reference 3:
     Campbell PJ, Carlson MG, Hill JO, Nurjhan N. Regulation of free fatty acid metabolism
    by insulin in humans: role of lipolysis and reesterification. Am J Physiol. 1992 Dec;263(6
     Groop LC, Bonadonna RC, Simonson DC, Petrides AS, Shank M, DeFronzo RA. Effect of
    insulin on oxidative and nonoxidative pathways of free fatty acid metabolism in human
     Sidossis LS, Wolfe RR. Glucose and insulin-induced inhibition of fatty acid oxidation: the
     Meek SE, Nair KS, Jensen MD. Insulin regulation of regional free fatty acid metabolism.
     Jacob S, Hauer B, Becker R, Artzner S, Grauer P, Loblein K, Nielsen M, Renn W, Rett K,
    Wahl HG, Stumvoll M, Haring HU. Lipolysis in skeletal muscle is rapidly regulated by low
     Stumvoll M, Jacob S, Wahl HG, Hauer B, Loblein K, Grauer P, Becker R, Nielsen M,
    Renn W, Haring H. Suppression of systemic, intramuscular, and subcutaneous adipose
    tissue lipolysis by insulin in humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000 Oct;85(10):3740-5.
     Dyck DJ, Steinberg G, Bonen A. Insulin increases FA uptake and esterification but
    reduces lipid utilization in isolated contracting muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab.
     Bonadonna RC, Groop LC, Zych K, Shank M, DeFronzo RA. Dose-dependent effect of
    insulin on plasma free fatty acid turnover and oxidation in humans. Am J Physiol. 1990
     characteristics for suppression of glycerol release and conversion to glucose in humans.
     Coppack SW, Frayn KN, Humphreys SM, Dhar H, Hockaday TD. Effects of insulin on
    human adipose tissue metabolism in vivo. Clin Sci (Lond). 1989 Dec;77(6):663-70.
     Arner P, Bolinder J, Ostman J. Glucose stimulation of the antilipolytic effect of insulin in
     Capaldo B, Napoli R, Di Marino L, Guida R, Pardo F, Sacca L. Role of insulin and free
    fatty acid (FFA) availability on regional FFA kinetics in the human forearm. J Clin
     Pimenta WP, Saad MJ, Paccola GM, Piccinato CE, Foss MC. Effect of oral glucose on
    peripheral muscle fuel metabolism in fasted men. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1989;22(4):465-
    Reference 4:
     Borer KT. Hormonal regulation of fuel use in exercise. In: Exercise endocrinology.
     Volek JS, Sharman MJ, Love DM, Avery NG, Gómez AL, Scheett TP, Kraemer WJ. Body
    composition and hormonal responses to a carbohydrate-restricted diet. Metabolism
     Jensen MD, Haymond MW, Gerich JE, Cryer PE, Miles JM. Lipolysis during fasting.
    Decreased suppression by insulin and increased stimulation by epinephrine. J Clin
    Reference 5:
     Feinman RD, Fine EJ. Nonequilibrium thermodynamics and energy efficiency in weight
     Asmar M, Simonsen L, Madsbad S, Stallknecht B, Holst JJ, Bülow J. Glucose-dependent
    insulinotropic polypeptide may enhance fatty acid re-esterification in subcutaneous
    Chapter 8
    Reference 1:
     Macfarlane GT, Gibson GR, Cummings JH. Comparison of fermentation reactions in
     Sunvold GD, Hussein HS, Fahey GC Jr, Merchen NR, Reinhart GA. In vitro fermentation
    of cellulose, beet pulp, citrus pulp, and citrus pectin using fecal inoculum from cats,
     Titgemeyer EC, Bourquin LD, Fahey GC Jr, Garleb KA. Fermentability of various fiber
    sources by human fecal bacteria in vitro. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991 Jun;53(6):1418-24.
     Bourquin LD, Titgemeyer EC, Fahey GC Jr. Vegetable fiber fermentation by human fecal
    bacteria: cell wall polysaccharide disappearance and short-chain fatty acid production
    during in vitro fermentation and water-holding capacity of unfermented residues. J Nutr.
     Bourquin LD, Titgemeyer EC, Fahey GC Jr, Garleb KA. Fermentation of dietary fibre by
    human colonic bacteria: disappearance of, short-chain fatty acid production from, and
    potential water-holding capacity of, various substrates. Scand J Gastroenterol. 1993
     Bourquin LD, Titgemeyer EC, Garleb KA, Fahey GC Jr. Short-chain fatty acid production
    and fiber degradation by human colonic bacteria: effects of substrate and cell wall
     Daniel M, Wisker E, Rave G, Feldheim W. Fermentation in human subjects of nonstarch
    polysaccharides in mixed diets, but not in a barley fiber concentrate, could be predicted
    by in vitro fermentation using human fecal inocula. J Nutr. 1997 Oct;127(10):1981-8.
     Fernandes J, Rao AV, Wolever TM. Different substrates and methane producing status
    affect short-chain fatty acid profiles produced by In vitro fermentation of human feces. J
     Dongowski G, Lorenz A, Anger H. Degradation of pectins with different degrees of
    esterification by Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron isolated from human gut flora. Appl
     Topping DL, Clifton PM. Short-chain fatty acids and human colonic function: roles of
    resistant starch and nonstarch polysaccharides. Physiol Rev. 2001 Jul;81(3):1031-64.
    Review.
    Reference 2:
     Baer DJ, Rumpler WV, Miles CW, Fahey GC Jr. Dietary fiber decreases the metabolizable
    energy content and nutrient digestibility of mixed diets fed to humans. J Nutr. 1997

Which one shows the fat loss benefits of carb cycling or carb backloading?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options
    Other than pointing to a *possible* mechanism for the superiority of glucose depletionand supercompensation, do any of these studies actually compare linear to non-linear carbohydrate intake, measuring definite endpoints such lean body mass retention?

^^^^Until you have that, all you have is theory.

Reference 1
    34. Review.
    Reference 2
    82. -1-199-
    Reference 3:
    Reference 4:
    Reference 5:
    Chapter 8
    Reference 1:
    Review.
    Reference 2: