6-Month Weigh-in

Options
I hired a trainer on 9/1 and have been following an exercise and nutrition plan since then. I've been following the plan pretty well, but did "get off track" here and there from November through January (holidays and a couple vacations). I also probably have a little too much fun "socializing" on weekends, which I'm aware affects calories and metabolism. That being said... At my weigh-in at the gym yesterday I found out I've lost 24 pounds! In the past, I'd have been upset that it's ONLY 24 lbs in 6 months, but I'm in it to keep it off this time and my trainer assures me that she only wants me to lose 1 pound per week. So, yay me!!

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is awesome!
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo! thats really good. Losing 24 lbs is a helluva lot better then gaining 24 lbs. Congrats. Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • les0423
    les0423 Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB! That is really something to be proud of! Keep up the great work!
  • keeleysmummy
    Options
    Well done :)
  • jarce1408
    Options
    Great job! What's most impressive is that you kept it off between the hurdles you faced. Even shooting for a 1/2 pound a week allows you to live your life and learn slowly at the same time. That's the most important part is learning how to deal with temptation.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Congrats! Your an inspiration!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Woo Hoo!
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    That is great! I hope to be able to say I've lost 24 pounds in hopefully the not too far distant future. Keep up the great work! :happy:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    24 pounds in 6 months seems like very healthy progress! You are doing great, and I'm sure you'll keep it off since you lost it the right way (diet and exercise). Good for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!