What to eat for breakfast?

Options
I am not much for normal breakfast foods - eggs, cereal, toast, etc. What is a filling, healthy but low calorie breakfast to start the day?

Replies

• DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Well, here's something different: my girlfriend had fried up a small potato, cubed, in 1 tsp of olive oil. Added 1/2 cup kidney beans, 1/2 cup salsa, and 1/4 cup of light cheddar. She put it into a whole wheat tortilla shell and called it breakfast. I thought it sounded great!
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    3-4 oz. lean steak and a sliced tomato or some sauted peppers.
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Always -- coffee with silk almond milk (45 calories for 1/2 cup sweetened-vanilla type)

small banana
    fit & active yogurt (pumpkin)
    fiber one cereal (1/4 cup) -- on top of yogurt
    --or--
    whole wheat toast
    table spoon pumpkin butter
    string cheese
    --or--
    baked sweet potato
    1 tablespoon low-fat peanut butter (mix in potato)
    --or--
    low fat tortilla
    low fat cheese crumble bacon, sausage, turkey product -- toast in oven, roll and eat!!

all under 300 calories!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of high protein smoothies for breakfast. I usually use protein powder, almond milk, green superfood powder, cinnamon, olive oil, fiber powder and sometimes Greek yogurt, spinach or kale and fruit.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    If you like sausage or something like that why not just do a sausage wrap, or sausage with rice. It could be chicken sausage or veggie sausage.
    Also vegan burgers are good and low cal....you could do with chopped potatoes.
    Just plan a protein with some kind of other food you like. Doesn't have to be b-fast food just because its in the morning. Like I love b-fast and sometimes have breakfast for dinner....so who says you can't have dinner food for b-fast?
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    ill do 1 pancake with 2 slice of bacon OR 1 omelet Or yogart with fruit. Maybe a bowl of cereal.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    peanut butter sandwich
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    I like eating fish such as talapia and crab for breakfast especially after doing weigh training. I also include vegetables and fruit. I like blueberries, strawberries, cherries, raspberries, peaches, pears, avocados, melons, oranges, you get the idea.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Me, I like a yogurt smoothie. I use almond milk, oatmeal, fruit and low fat yogurt. Keeps me full for about 4 hours.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are your friend.
  • fruitsalad620
    fruitsalad620 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i love plain non-fat greek yogurt w/ a little honey, sliced almonds, and fruit. I usually do a piece of "healthy" toast (whole grain, 70-80 calories) w/ peanut butter. and tea/coffee. although i had to kick the coffee habit recently.

my big problem is lunch/dinner. since my fiancee makes me breakfast (<3!) i don't worry about that meal at all, but leaving the house is dangerous...
  • janicedav55
    Options
    1 slice deli turkey 25 calories, 2 slices wheat bread 70 calories, 3 slices avacado, 1 thick sliced tomato 35 calories, 1 spoon lite mayo All under 250 Very yummy
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    anything is fair game for breakfast in my book - salad, chicken chili, burger.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothy with 1 cup of berries, 1 cup of almond milk (40 calories), 1 tbs. flax seed, 1 scoop of
    protein powder and about 8 to 10 ice cubes. I drink this before a two hour workout and it keeps me
    full until lunch time and it tastes good! Total calories are 247.
  • la47
    la47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy steal cut oats ,raisins , flax seeds and almond milk unsweetened . I make enough oats for the week just warm in mic quick easy
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I Love oatmeal with peanut butter and top it with fruit. OR 2 slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and fruit. (and I drink a glass of skimmed milk and eat 1 boiled egg with any of those two!)