Runners! What's on your 2013 calendar?

Options

Replies

• tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at a 15-mile trail race in January and then a 5K that's mostly trail in June and a 40-mile trail race in October (my first ultra!).
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The only race I've registered for so far is the Tinker Bell 1/2 in January at Disneyland.

Other planned runs include:
    April - Pat Tillman Shadow Run
    Summer - Likely the Water to Wine 1/2
    October - maybe a Local Education 1/2
    November - Wine & Dine 1/2 at Disney World (to get that Coast to Coast Medal)
    December - Bah Humbug 5K

There will likely be others thrown in the mix, but those are my forecasts.
  • Felicia714
    Felicia714 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am already registered for the Long Beach Marathon in October. I actually registered for the 2012 marathon, however I was unable to run the race due to poor planning. I ended up rolling over my registration to the next year.

I will probably run either the LA marathon or the OC Marathon.. not sure yet.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm registered for the Arizona RnR Half Marathon in January and the Birch Bay (WA) Half Marathon in February. And I do the Whidbey Island Half Marathon every year - that's in April. I'm thinking of doing the Olympic Discovery Trail Marathon in early June ........ and the Seattle RnR in late June - full or half .... I haven't decided yet.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I've been toying with a new year's half, but I think it might be overly optimistic.

I'm booked in for the Northamptonshire Runfest Half Marathon, in March. I'm looking forward to that.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    The only thing set in stone is the Orange County half marathon in May.

Torn between the Surf City Half or the Redondo 10K in February
    Coaster Run 10K and Hot Chocolate San Diego 15K in March.

Most likely the Long Beach Half marathon in October, since i'm now a legacy runner. Don't want to break the streak.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    so far just Tough Mudder in september(I think) I'll add some 5 and 10ks as well as some fun runs into the mix. I don't really plan ahead that much as far as races go.

maybe I'll do a halfmarathon for kicks
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for the Run for Ryan House (March)

Will sign up for Pat Tillman (April). Debating Run for Your Lives.
  • MotivationINeed
    Options
    I'm doing my first ever Marathon in April, the Virgin London Marathon, i'm open to any help and support as I know i'm going to need it.
    Marathon pro's on here please give me some advice for training etc and what I can expect come race day.

I'm only a beginner runner really, so far running 4 miles consistently and i'm 2 weeks in to training , so have around 24 weeks to go

GULP!! ;-)
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    5/26 - Ottawa Race Weekend FM - R
    6/16 - Spartan Sprint 5k - R
    08/31 - Canadian Morning 8k
    09/22- Canada Army Run 5k
    10/6 - Fall Colours 5k
    10/27 - Rattle Me Bones 5k

not sure when they are but there will be at least 2 Color Runs in there as well.
  • sidhe31
    sidhe31 Posts: 96
    Options
    On the list right now are:
    04/21 Vancouver Sun Run (10Km)
    05/12 Mothers Day Run (10Km)
    05/26 Calgary 1/2 marathon
    10/06 Portland OR marathon

any others depend on fitness and injury status
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    Going to start the year off right with a Resolution Run on New Years Day. Its only a 5km but I'll take it.

Jan - Tink 5km and half marathon

Feb - Princess 5km and half marathon

Thats all I've got so far.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Fort Lauderdale Marathon woo hoo! Gonna try to break 3:45. :)
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sandman Extreme Half marathon, Wytheville Jan 19
    Publix Georgia Marathon - Atlanta March 13
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Only three big races so far...

Jan 12 - Disney Half Marathon

April 20 - Tar Heel 10-miler (Chapel Hill, NC)

April 27- Kings Mountain Half Marathon (big in distance only, less than 200 people) (Clover SC)

Otherwise local 5Ks and 10Ks. Got quite a bit on the dance card though so far. Also a New Years 5K that starts at midnight, did it last year and can't wait to do it again.. great to get the year off to a running start!
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Richmond, VA Marathon
    Delaware Half Marathon
    (((FOR NOW))) gotta find couple of more halfs to do
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I'm doing the Lilac 5k in May. We have a HUGE 10 day Lilac Festival here, and the race closes it out. There's also a 10k option depending on how far I progress by then. I can run 5k now, but slow, so I'm working mostly on speed.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    "Run for your lives!" Looks sooo fun...just running from zombies:)

I did that one this summer... it was pretty intense in places. But it was definitely a good time! :)

My 2013 calendar:
    *Jan 12 - WDW Half
    *Jan 13 - WDW Full
    *Jan 19 - Never Land 5K
    *Jan 20 - Tinkerbell Half
    *Apr 6 - Super Spartan
    *May 3 - Spartan Military Sprint
    *May 24 - Tribal Run
    *Jun 29 - Spartan Beast
    *Aug 4 - Spartan Sprint
    *Aug ? - Race the Reaper

That's it as of right now. More to come, I'm sure! :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Looking ahead to 2013 and trying to plan a couple races. What races do you have planned?

January - Goofy Challenge - Disney

Marin County half marathon, CA, in March.. And I'll be giving a fitness talk there as well as running. Super excited. :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first 1/2 and would love to do 2-3 1/2's next year. I love the challenge of the distance while I work up to the full.

Considering/Would love to do: Knoxville, TN 1/2 April; UT alum and they finish on the 50 yard line! This may not work out though with schedules. Nikes inaugural DC Half was just announced for 4/28/13. Love the city and the idea but everything I read doesn't show this as a very organized event it seems. Plus a lottery draft is a joke in my opinion.

But will probably register and do:

Cap City 1/2 Marathon 5/4/13
    Columbus 1/2 Marathon (2nd yr) 10/20/13

2 or 3 10Ks and in the beginning of the year I plan to do some winter trails 5Ks.

I don't have a set plan except for the 2 1/2's. Still searching for some ideas. 2014 though is my goal for the Marine Corps Marathon!