I want to order pizza :/

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Sounds like potential emotional eating to me. Which could be bad if you have a whole pizza in front of you!
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't order in whatever you do all your hard work will go down the drain. This is how i make pizza cauliflower some sauce and some light cheese. its not that much calories if you want to try making it...
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Chicago burbs. I'd just say don't get deep dish. I love thin crust pizza but I have a problem with stopping after a couple of slices. I don't know when I will trust myself to order pizza again. :/
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    get a papa murphys thin crust delight, eat it, enjoy it, and start fresh tomorrow!:smile:

This. I had it for dinner tonight!! Sooooooooo yummy! And it's only like 550 calories for 1/4 of a family size.
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We have pizza at least once every week: I just "try" to stick to no more than 2 slices, usually pepperoni only just because it's easier to count/track. And I try to have a spinach salad or something else green with it...

But if you get really motivated, check out the "Amazing Whole Wheat Pizza Crust" recipe on www.allrecipes.com. SUPER easy and very tasty. You can stretch it to thin crust to keep your crust portion smaller, but still have a big slice and you can control the ingredients you put on it to make it exactly what you need. I.e. count out the pepperoni, measure out the cheese, add more veggies to get to something reasonable AND tasty! LOVE that recipe and so does my non-dieting husband and kids!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    why cant pizza be lower calorie :(
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    why cant pizza be lower calorie :(

moderation and portion control and you dont have to worry about the calories... not like you are going to have it night in and night out...
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you are in an area with Jet's Pizza you can splurge on a whole thin veggie pizza for less than 1K calories... I usually plan my whole day around it by eating low calorie foods for the rest of the day. You could eat half of the pizza with a spinach salad... Good luck!!!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    OKAY so first I don't have those two pizza places :/ Second, I like stuffed more than deep dish yummy! I was planning on ordering thin crust though, however, I remembered we had a veggie pizza in the freezer and opted at home, less calories, less likely to gorge, and ordering pizza on Sunday. Lina's Pizza near us has a sale for buy one Jumbo pizza get a large free every Sunday until Super Bowl and their Pizza is like $15! I could feed a lot of people or save it for a day or two. :] I also opted to go a little over my calories (maybe 100) and meet my protein goal, even if it isn't by percent, it is by grams, so that is okay with me too. I appreciate all the awesome advice and I think cauliflower pizza would be good if it was instead a cauliflower crust with some nacho cheese & broccoli on top! Yummy in my tummy
  • Verity1111
    Options
    We have pizza at least once every week: I just "try" to stick to no more than 2 slices, usually pepperoni only just because it's easier to count/track. And I try to have a spinach salad or something else green with it...

But if you get really motivated, check out the "Amazing Whole Wheat Pizza Crust" recipe on www.allrecipes.com. SUPER easy and very tasty. You can stretch it to thin crust to keep your crust portion smaller, but still have a big slice and you can control the ingredients you put on it to make it exactly what you need. I.e. count out the pepperoni, measure out the cheese, add more veggies to get to something reasonable AND tasty! LOVE that recipe and so does my non-dieting husband and kids!

We also eat pizza often, but we order less. We still order once every few weeks. lol Or more! I just make sure I limit my caloric intake and over estimate it. It is the sodium that kills because you think you gained and really it is water for a few days.
  • gio425
    gio425 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Too late to order dominos? haha I love the one on Devon..theyre good. :)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Too late to order dominos? haha I love the one on Devon..theyre good. :)
    Lol! I just decided it was better for me to eat in! Dominos is soooo much better now that they changed their recipe. I'm for sure. Still, a bit of a fail as I'm full and I doubt I could scarf down 2 veggie dogs and bread before midnight (part of my protein lol a lot of it actually. Hm. Maybe the 2 veggie dogs. Lol.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I say eat the whole pizza...............enjoy it.............I would.

I want to encourage you..........but I'm runnin' outta steam tonight......plus you said it was already a "bad day"........just go for it, get back on the horse tomorrow.............it's Friday friday, gotta eat pizza on Friday.............or rigatoni.......with classico cabernet marinara and some green bell peppers and onions..........might throw some monterey jack cheese on top.........it's still cookin!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I say if you're going to order pizza get the smallest one available and eat carefully. If you want to save calories, make a pizza on Whole Wheat Tortilla's...very good.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I had been craving pizza for two weeks.. tonight, we finally went to a brick oven pizzeria and I ordered a personal pizza, thin crust with cherry peppers. It was amazing! Definitely fulfilled my pizza craving for a long time!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I actually tried that recipe once, and it came out awful :( maybe I did something wrong... or maybe I just don't like whole wheat crust? lol
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I say just do it.

You said you already had a bad day so just go all out.

Just make it a cheat day

I do that sometimes and I've consumed McDonald & Domino's on the same day and eaten 2500 calories. One day isn't the end of the world. I say just finish off today and start again tomorrow
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    If I'm having pizza I prefer to use one of those small homemade single serve pizza crusts, and put cookies buffalo sauce on, with some precooked chicken strips, green peppers and red onions on with 2% mozzarella. I have super low cal great big taste buffalo chicken pizza. You could also use a low cal bbq sauce, too, if the spice gets you. This ends up being about 500 calories total.
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had pizza tonight. I cut up 2 slices to mentally fool myself to think I was having 4. It was delicious but salty. It fit within my macros so I do not feel guilty. We got the meat lovers from Pizza Hut on thin crust. Normally I make my own pizza from scratch but my bread maker decided to die tonight.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I say eat the whole pizza...............enjoy it.............I would.

I want to encourage you..........but I'm runnin' outta steam tonight......plus you said it was already a "bad day"........just go for it, get back on the horse tomorrow.............it's Friday friday, gotta eat pizza on Friday.............or rigatoni.......with classico cabernet marinara and some green bell peppers and onions..........might throw some monterey jack cheese on top.........it's still cookin!
    You're Italian, aren't you? LOL