Anyone else trying to lose weight for baby?

Options

Replies

• sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Me! I am nervous because I want to get pregnant relatively soon but I dont want to gain tons of weight and not loose it. Yesterday was an eye opener. I have lost nearly 20 pounds but had to run to catch a connecter flight. I barely could run. So I need to work on more cardio because I typically do only light cardio. I want to be a mom and able to physically handle it
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! Losing weight to try and start a family was why I joined MFP.. My husband and I already have fertility issues without my extra weight. Last year I had 4 iui's and they all failed. My fertility dr showed me a chart of how drastically lower my chances of conceiving would be with all this extra weight. During the spring next year I am planning on doing IVF and I want to be at my healthiest weight possible. I started at 260 but I am currently 225 and my goal is to be 175 or less. I want out of the obese range. Feel free to add me.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    OMG me! I want to be at my normal weight 138 when I do. I have a longgggggggg way to go
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We are not actively TTC but will be after we are married in August 2013. I do want to be a healthy weight, and hope I can keep my gain under control this time. My first pregnancy I gained 55lbs, and only lost 12. I gained that 12 back with my second pregnancy.
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a really rough recovery from my first baby, who turns 2 in December, and am still 6 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight, after losing 12 lbs so far this year. We want to start trying again next year so I'm hoping to lose at least the 6 lbs and hopefully more. Seeing how hard it was for me to lose the baby weight the first time, I really don't want to start out any higher. I also had fertility problems but even when I was skinny I never had regular cycles so I'm expecting to have to use fertility treatments again.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You guys can add me! Everyone is trying to lose weight for a reason. and I would love to have some friends that have the same reason as me! =D
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You totally have to do this! http://healthybabycode.com/signup I am not affiliated with this guy in any way but know two people who followed this and had healthy babies and bonus was healthy Mom. Good luck and God bless!
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have 2 beautiful children, ages 4 & 5. I was very lucky and only gained 21 and 24 pounds while pregnant and had very fast, easy labors. After moving across the country, buying a house, husband being laid off and working way too much I have now topped the scaled at 280. My husband has been working again for about a year and a half and we would really like to have another baby, but I feel like I would be pressing my luck getting pregnant nearly 120 heavier than I was before. I want to push myself to lose to get at least 180 to have another baby. Definitely need motivation and reminding why I am working so hard. Anyone welcome to add me!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I too am losing weight for a baby and have the same goals as you! I need to lose about 100lbs. Feel free to add me. Very active on here.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It is my ultimate goal. I want to get back to my weight that I was when my boyfriend and I started dating four years ago. He knows I want to be at a better weight before we even start trying. I want to gain healthy habits and an active routine before we think about getting pregnancy. I kind of want those habits to be hardwired in me before having a baby.

That said... I'm in a committed relationship, 23 years old and WANT to have a baby. Baby fever... everyone around me!
  • jadeh218
    jadeh218 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm also trying to lose for baby! Want to get into some really good healthy habits before TTC too. Hoping to start TTC by Feb/March next year.
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Actively TTC here. My husband and I have been trying for a baby most of this year. I fell pregnant in early July, but sadly suffered a miscarriage about 6 weeks ago. That was our fourth miscarriage. I have PCOS, and I know that every bit of weight I lose will help our chances of falling and staying pregnant. I do apologise i nadvance if I don't respond a great deal in this thread, as sometimes baby stuff can just make me..well, really sad. But thoughts with everyone, and hoping thre's weight loss and healthy babies soon!
  • JeanetDK
    Options
    A child is close to the most important reason why I want to lose weight. I'm panicking by the thought that we might be too old already with me having to fight PCOS as well. So right now I don't mind losing a bunch of weight to gain some of it back if it meant that I was pregnant.

Will be adding you!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Kind of! I am losing weight after my 2nd baby. Well, I have lost it all and more and have about another 15lbs to go until I am the weight I want to be.

I would like to try for a 3rd next year, and by the time I try I want to be within a healthy BMI. I am now a UK size 12/14 (US 8/10) and want to go down 1 more size. I have been consistently healthy since my daughter, now 17 months, was 2 months old, and have exercised an average of 4 times a week since then, so I'm hoping in my next pregnancy that I have a healthy weight gain.

I did lose weight before both of my pregnancies, but I don't think I lost weight in a healthy way as I ate too low calories. Now I use MFP and I eat a balanced diet, so I think I would find it easier to keep the weight off in a 3rd pregnancy. Well, that's what i hope anyway!

Feel free to add me anyone!
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    sort of. With my first I was 205 when I got pregnant and made it all the way up to 242 before giving birth. We are most likely going to have one more and I would like to be down to at least 170 before getting pregnant again. The last pregnancy and delivery was really hard on me because I was so out of shape. I would like to be able to be full term and under 200 pounds at the very least this time around ( if it happens that is)

Edited to add: I'd also like for my labour to take less than 3 days, and I'm being serious, 3 whole days, 68 hours to be exact.

Wow, I feel for you! My first labour (10 days overdue) was around 7 hours, gas and air, no stitches! 2nd labour (induced as 12 days over), 4 hours 21 mins, gas and air, no stitches and home 5 hours later!

When I was induced with my 2nd the midwife was surprised that my cervix was totally closed as that is unusual in 2nd babies, and said I must have good muscle! Yay to working out lots (although i'd rather not have been so overdue!).

I definitely think being fit made a difference and helped me to have easy labours. Of course, my wide hips probably helped too!

I also think being fit helped me conceive - I got pregnant 1st month trying with my son and 3rd month with my daughter.

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss and TTC.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yup! I've told my husband if I can down under 150, I'll be comfortable having another baby, so maybe in six months or so we'll be trying!
  • mikayla169
    mikayla169 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd had more sense to do this before trying for my baby. Luckily for me, it didn't hinder me getting pregnant, but I did find that my weight did influence my birthing options.
    For as long as I can remember I've wanted a water birth, and was adamant on that! Unfortunately, I was 12lb over the weight limit for that and as a result of, wasn't allowed to even consider it! I ended up having an emergency section anyway, but feel the whole pregnancy would have carried much easier and I wouldn't have felt so lethargic and hard - going had I been at a more desirable weight!

Kudos to you for doing this!
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    I wish I'd had more sense to do this before trying for my baby. Luckily for me, it didn't hinder me getting pregnant, but I did find that my weight did influence my birthing options.
    For as long as I can remember I've wanted a water birth, and was adamant on that! Unfortunately, I was 12lb over the weight limit for that and as a result of, wasn't allowed to even consider it! I ended up having an emergency section anyway, but feel the whole pregnancy would have carried much easier and I wouldn't have felt so lethargic and hard - going had I been at a more desirable weight!

Kudos to you for doing this!

I wanted a water birth, but arrived at hospital 10cm dilated with my son and gave birth 90 mins after arriving, and within about an hour of being checked!

2nd time I forgot to ask! Being induced made it all so much faster and more painful that I just didn't think to ask to use the pool.

3rd time lucky I hope!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am. I started at 334 ln MFP and today hit 299.5!!!! First mini goal accomplished. Doc said to lose 10% of my body weight and then I should be healthy for a prenganacy
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I had gastric Bypass and then 3 babies. I am borderline normal weight now. It isn't easy at all. My body seems to want to hold on to fat since having kids and turning 40. I would suggest losing weight first for your health and for the health of the baby.