I want to order pizza :/

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I had pizza tonight. I cut up 2 slices to mentally fool myself to think I was having 4. It was delicious but salty. It fit within my macros so I do not feel guilty. We got the meat lovers from Pizza Hut on thin crust. Normally I make my own pizza from scratch but my bread maker decided to die tonight.
    Mine didn't fit in my macros and as usual (except yesterday) I'm low on my protein er by about 20g or so but I can deal and just go over it tomorrow :] It was soooo delicious! lol
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Round Table has personal pizzas with 4 small slices. They run usually under 50 calories per slice. It's a good deal. It's great for not having too much left over and having small portion sizes.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    When I *reallllllyyy* want something, I let myself have it. HOWEVER, I do it smartly. Instead of a whole pizza, I'll get a slice (like at the mall, or some of the little places that actually sell by the slice). If I want ice cream, I get one of those single size ones or get a kids scoop at an ice cream place, etc.

If I had said "i can never have_______ again", I would never have lost all the weight!! Its the same way with chocolate... I have a piece or two of dark chocolate with almonds, instead of an entire snickers bar.

THIS. If you can afford to order a pizza, meet the delivery guy outside.. pay him.. graba piece out of the box & turn the rest of the pizza upside down into the trash. Seriously.. if Pizza is in the house, i will eat it.. its probably my ONLY weakness. Nothing else bothers me, but PIZZA.. omg.. its too damn good. ONE PIECE of standard pepperoni can easily be 400 calories!

If you can AFFORD to order it, then you can AFFORD to throw it in the trash.. so do it! One piece, toss it upside down into the dumpster, or find a homeles man or woman, order it, meet them there, and take a piece, give the rest to them.

FOOD DOES NOT HAVE CONTROL OF YOU.........

YOU HAVE CONTROL OF FOOD!

:heart:
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    or find a homeles man or woman, order it, meet them there, and take a piece, give the rest to them.

if you did anything but this I'd break...................................................throw a pizza in the dumpster?????????????? My God..........1/6 of the world's population is starving...............not hungry.................but starving.....................eat the whole pizza and stuff your face before throwing it away..................or give it to someone who would eat it. You'd be surprised how many ppl would take your food you offer them, I'm not just talkin about homeless ppl..............I've done it countless times, to random ppl, homeless and not homeless, and the non homeless accept it nearly as much as the homeless. Try it, you might be surprised.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    When I *reallllllyyy* want something, I let myself have it. HOWEVER, I do it smartly. Instead of a whole pizza, I'll get a slice (like at the mall, or some of the little places that actually sell by the slice). If I want ice cream, I get one of those single size ones or get a kids scoop at an ice cream place, etc.

If I had said "i can never have_______ again", I would never have lost all the weight!! Its the same way with chocolate... I have a piece or two of dark chocolate with almonds, instead of an entire snickers bar.

THIS. If you can afford to order a pizza, meet the delivery guy outside.. pay him.. graba piece out of the box & turn the rest of the pizza upside down into the trash. Seriously.. if Pizza is in the house, i will eat it.. its probably my ONLY weakness. Nothing else bothers me, but PIZZA.. omg.. its too damn good. ONE PIECE of standard pepperoni can easily be 400 calories!

If you can AFFORD to order it, then you can AFFORD to throw it in the trash.. so do it! One piece, toss it upside down into the dumpster, or find a homeles man or woman, order it, meet them there, and take a piece, give the rest to them.

I would never throw it in the trash because there are millions of children starving in the world :/ I'd just give it away and eat the rest periodically over the course of a few days. I like the homeless person idea, that is really nice!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    or find a homeles man or woman, order it, meet them there, and take a piece, give the rest to them.

if you did anything but this I'd break...................................................throw a pizza in the dumpster?????????????? My God..........1/6 of the world's population is starving...............not hungry.................but starving.....................eat the whole pizza and stuff your face before throwing it away..................or give it to someone who would eat it. You'd be surprised how many ppl would take your food you offer them, I'm not just talkin about homeless ppl..............I've done it countless times, to random ppl, homeless and not homeless, and the non homeless accept it nearly as much as the homeless. Try it, you might be surprised.
    I have to agree with this for sure. I would eat the whole pizza first because I would feel less selfish than tossing it out. I don't know, I would rather gain a half a pound. lol. It won't kill me. I had a guy at Little Caesar's arrive with kids and ask if he could have the rest of our pizza because I was on a diet, so I only ate one or two slices and my husband had a different one that he shared with our baby too.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is better to just have it. I was going through this last month with a high calorie dessert. I had it a few months ago when I went out and it was playing on my mind since. I decided to have it but when I did the enjoyment was not there. It didn't taste as good as I remembered and I regretted consuming all those calories. Now I know I won't be having it again however I know if I hadn't it would have still been on my mind.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I too want some pizza.... So I'm making a big one for dinner tonight! Home made crust, red onion paprika, mozzarella, raw ham and rucola: yum!
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had three times pizza last week and they always fitted in my calorie goal. I still lost. ;-) If I want Pizza, I eat Pizza, just make sure it fits in my calorie goal and I never had a problem with it. Don't see why I should order a pizza and only eat one or two slices - I would be still hungry after that. But probably european pizza are smaller and have less calories, don't know. If the order pizza has to much calories, just buy a frozen one - a magherita pizza has only 700cal - that's not too much.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    if you want pizza, then guess what?? HAVE pizza!!

this is a lifestyle change, not a jail term :-)

just exercise when you can, eat less than you once did and move more...it's really as simple as THAT.
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options

I have to agree with this for sure. I would eat the whole pizza first because I would feel less selfish than tossing it out. I don't know, I would rather gain a half a pound. lol. It won't kill me. I had a guy at Little Caesar's arrive with kids and ask if he could have the rest of our pizza because I was on a diet, so I only ate one or two slices and my husband had a different one that he shared with our baby too.

I had pizza tonight - have had a craving since Wednesday and today is my treat day. Don't feel remotely guilty! Get whichever pizza you actually WANT so your craving is satisfied (most pizzas work out to be between 150 - 250 cals per slice), take out your two or three slices and immediately pack the rest up and put it in the freezer. Right at the BOTTOM of the freezer, under lots of stuff. ;)

Lifestyle changes are better than diets because sometimes, you just need to order a pizza and not feel bad about it!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

I would never throw it in the trash because there are millions of children starving in the world :/ I'd just give it away and eat the rest periodically over the course of a few days. I like the homeless person idea, that is really nice!

I just wanted to add that Where i live, you would have to drive an hour to FIND a homeless person to give it to, and while i dont believe in "wasting food" that is also what got me here.. my grandmother telling me about all the starving children in africa & to clean my plate.. so no, i would not rather eat it than toss it, providing i could not give it to someone.

So that is why i say "toss it" but i do agree if you have someone to give it to, then by all means, DO IT! We dont even have delivery here or anything like that.. i live in the sticks! lol

So just making that clear, i am not some monster who wants to starve little children. lol
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Make your own and it can be quite healthy! I have tortilla once or twice a week, lots of veggies and bit of cheese on a whole grain tortilla.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, absolutely nothing should be off limits!
    if you want pizza, then guess what?? HAVE pizza!!

this is a lifestyle change, not a jail term :-)

just exercise when you can, eat less than you once did and move more...it's really as simple as THAT.
  • bjcapshaw
    Options
    we make this egg whote pizza, where you whip the egg whites until the are stiff and bake that. (Creates a fluffy thin crust thats delicious) Add a little tomato paste and load with veggies and fat free cheese. The whole pie is just several hundred calories and delicious! Sometimes we add a little sweet baby rays and canned chicken...its really good and satisfies that pizza craving without busting calories, but doesnt drip with grease :-)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Order a personal size pizza from your favorite vendor and eat half. Freeze the other half for later. Add the calories and make adjustments in other food choices to keep within your goals. Everybody deserves a treat once in a while.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Quote:
    I just wanted to add that Where i live, you would have to drive an hour to FIND a homeless person to give it to, and while i dont believe in "wasting food" that is also what got me here.. my grandmother telling me about all the starving children in africa & to clean my plate.. so no, i would not rather eat it than toss it, providing i could not give it to someone.

So that is why i say "toss it" but i do agree if you have someone to give it to, then by all means, DO IT! We dont even have delivery here or anything like that.. i live in the sticks! lol

So just making that clear, i am not some monster who wants to starve little children. lol

You sound like a monster...............your blaming your grandma for being overweight..............when see was trying to teach you a life lesson that obviously flew over your head. I'm sure she didn't pile your plate sky high, and was sooooooooooo unfair about the HUGE portions she gave you, that it would cause your adult problems now.................you are an adult too............right?

I don't know if you read my post or not................seems like you did, but I mentioned how I'd give NON HOMELESS ppl food as well, and how they'd except it nearly as much as a homeless person. Yes you have to have a certain kind of confidence at times to do this, because initially so of them will look at you strangely, but if you convince them it's "all good" MOST will except...........I'm not talking about handing someone the last 3 chips off your nacho cheesed plate.................or giving someone the last bite of your chewed up burger....................pizza is a perfect example though.............that's why I mentioned it in the first place(giving food away)........usually you don't start eating a piece unless your going to finish it, so you can easily give something like that away without someone feeling too concerned. Left overs from eating out is another easy give away..............there's a lot of them really.

Just remember...............just because someone isn't homeless.......................doesn't mean that you didn't walk by them with food in your hand you plan on throwing away................while there hungry..............and having to skip a meal because they can't afford it, or because there parents are not in the best financial shape.

Open your mind.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have Aldi in America, but I got a realllllllllllllly yummy pizza today, stonebaked with chicken rocket and peppers, and halved it with my boyfriend so two slices each - it only came to 300, which is actually not too bad for a cheat meal!
  • lauramcfarlane1994
    Options
    PUT DOWN THE PIZZA PHONE! Something home made and a little over your calorie goal but HEALTHY is much better than a 1,500 cal pizza
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    Do you have a Papa Murphy's? Order the Mediteranean DeLite pizza -- its so delish! Only 180 cals per slice!