Hardest Time of the Day for You?

Options
I am wondering if anyone else experiences a particular time of day that is the hardest for them to get through, in terms of having cravings.

Mine is always in the evenings, after dinner and through 'til bed time. i.e.right now!

It is hard for me bc I finish dinner and then want dessert!!!! Bc I am eating much fewer calories atm than I have been over the past few months, within a couple of hours after dinner I start to feel hungry again - that then leads to even more cravings for snack/junk foods, argh! I also don't have work or other things going on to distract me, like I would do, during the day time.

How about anyone else? When is your hardest part of the day?

Replies

• teacheatsleep
    teacheatsleep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine is right after work, when I'm driving home. I'm such an emotional eater, whatever day I've had, I feel like I need to reward myself or eat my feelings. I'm also the most hungry then.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt it is evenings. I think you'll find that it is the same for a lot of people. I would love to know what this means scientifically but I have virtually no problem in the morning or lunch time!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Definitely in that space between afternoon snack and dinner. I can't get enough afternoon snack. I always leave something for right before bedtime because I can't fall asleep if I'm hungry.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Evenings, usually right before bed.
    But I have an apple, some carrots and a yoghurt I stuck in the freezer earlier, and that usually is enough (except when I am in a bad binge phase)
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Between 4 and 5. I call it arsenic hour. I choose that time to do any exercise possible to keep from eating everything in the kitchen.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Morning. I love breakfast and dinner. I really love a nice huge *kitten* dinner. So I cut calories in the morning and afternoon so I can enjoy a nice dinner. Sometimes though, heck all the time, I want some eggs, sausage, b&g's, hash browns, whatever else.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Middle of the afternoon when i want some Chai and Munchies!!!!! SO BAD!!!:love::noway:
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Between 4 and 5. I call it arsenic hour. I choose that time to do any exercise possible to keep from eating everything in the kitchen.

This is me too! That's why I workout as soon as I get home, to avoid the witching hour!
  • Musically_Blessed
    Options
    The hardest for me is after I get down with my classes and I get home!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    My worst hours are late evening and night. I have a really hard time sleeping and find myself rummaging through the pantry. I hate it. I'm a work in progress though.
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Right after dinner! I just crave more and more food. That's when all my bingeing starts. :P
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Definitely at night, pretty much always the hour or two before I go to sleep. :(
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The time when I'm awake
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I dont really have any nibble cravings unless im on a day off work and bored lol

In the evenings i do my exercise so it tires me out for bed. After exercise if ive burnt off enough cals ill have a nibble of something and some tea :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Night time...but that's great, since I get to go to sleep! Instead of eating, I just prepare for the next day. Also if I am slightly hungry, I figure that's just my deficit showing up.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    Definitely in the evenings. While I am watching TV. I used to smoke and that helped, but now that I have quit, I want to snack to do something with my hands. I just try to eat grapes or drink a lot of water.
  • mrsH09
    mrsH09 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    evening/night when I leave work around 11pm and I'm tired and stressed I just wanna hit up DD or McD's and 'treat' myself :( Such a hard habit to break!
  • Wrreck
    Wrreck Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Mine is right after work, when I'm driving home. I'm such an emotional eater, whatever day I've had, I feel like I need to reward myself or eat my feelings. I'm also the most hungry then.

Absolutely the same here.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    My worst hours are late evening and night. I have a really hard time sleeping and find myself rummaging through the pantry. I hate it. I'm a work in progress though.

described me to a t, same struggles I have about eating
  • carlee1212
    carlee1212 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mine is the middle of the night. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night. If I cant sleep, I lay there and think "what do we have in the pantry that's sweet?"haha. But now I have decided that unless I am starving enough that I can't sleep, the pantry and all of it's contents have to wait until morning. I might watch tv for a bit so I dont think about it much.