Protein vs Soy Shakes

Options
can anyone recommend a meal replacement shake ? I am looking to get some type of protein shake to replace one meal a day but I don't know what the difference is between whey protein and soy protein, anyone know which is better for weight loss ?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is a fraction of milk protein, Soy protein is made from soy beans.

Choosing one over the other won't make a difference in terms of weight loss.
  • lisaann1061
    lisaann1061 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have read studies where people who had whey protein shakes lost way more (pounds and inches) than those that drank soy protein shakes. After going vegan, I tried soy protein but did not really care for them. I finally found a vegan protein powder that I absolutely love - Vega One. I love the vanilla chai flavor. I blend it with almond milk and chia seeds
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Going on taste recommendations alone I liked the taste of the GNC lean 25 shakes. They have a nice texture in water and they aren't blindingly sweet.

The designer whey shakes in bottles are fine by me, but not as tasty. Their powder was just disgusting and I highly recommend NOT buying it.

Side note: If I drink to much of whey or soy protein it throws my whole digestive system off for days. (Think running to the bathroom cramping off). Just be mindful of it and don't get too excited with protein shakes until you know how they work with your body.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    i use rice protein and i like it
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I drink pea protein. Whey makes me so sick!