Weigh In's

Options
I'm just wondering how often people are doing their weigh in's and logging weight loss. Also, if you are losing weight do you log it right away or wait a day or two to see if you are maintaining or continuing to lose weight. Just curious....

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week, Sat a.m and log it and don't think about it till the next week when it starts all over again. I don't need to see (and get upset) over the daily ups & downs.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i check every monday. once a week
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree with airangel59, I weigh Sat mornings also, right before my workout...that usually gives me a extra push!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Personally, I log it every morning.
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every friday, and record it right away!!!
  • Lindsay_N
    Lindsay_N Posts: 100
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times (bad habbit) ... but I only log my Thursday morning weight. And I log it no matter if I was a pound less or more the day before.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Once per week. It is the second thing I do every Sat. morning. The first thing I do is pee.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and only log on Saturday. :)
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday morning right after I get up. I make sure I keep the same type of variables as the week before, I.E. the clothes you wear when you weigh yourself, how much you have to pee, did you just eat, same time as last week, etcetc.

I also log my weight as it shows up on that Saturday morning. Personally, I just don't understand the logic of "waiting to see if it sticks" because if it doesn't stick...you'll know by the next time you have a scheduled weigh in. That's why you have scheduled ones.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I weigh daily (though I realize that fluctuations happen and don't get bent out of shape over those). I only log new lows unless a plateau stays for a while.... since I have done that, I have logged an increase only once... and then the next drop happened. The best way I would say would be to log once per week at a particular time of the day... and log whatever it shows... BUT, to each his own on this topic; as long as what you are doing is demonstrating accurate progress. Best wishes on your excitng journey.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week. Every Friday after I get a good workout in. Then I put the scale away so I don't see it until that next friday.
  • Bess_74
    Bess_74 Posts: 68
    Options
    I weigh first thing Monday, Wednesday and Friday right after using the restroom. I log every time wether I gain or lose.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning, that way i do not get frustrated every day and to keep myself accountable for weekend eating :)
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    I usually weigh every morning (can't help it, I'm excited to see the scale going down!), but only log my weight on Sundays.
  • ChiGirl79
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of the feedback!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every time I go to the gym. I'm more interested in seeing the progression over time, and not the individual data points -- even if it goes up from one visit to the next, as long as the general trend line is going down, it doesn't bother me.

I used to weigh at home in the morning. But I have issues trusting scales, and figured the one at the gym would be more reliable -- it's one of the balance beam scales -- so I stopped weighing at home.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Once a week usually and I log it when I do it :)
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day to help keep myself on track, but I only log it once a week.
  • BrookeOB777
    BrookeOB777 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day because I like to know! It doesn't change my calorie intake for that day though. I only "weigh-in" to MFP once a week though to make sure the loss is real!