SUGAR

Options
Please of please someone tell me how to break the sugar habit. I kow I am addicted to it and my body and mind crave it. I know that when I go on a sugar binge the next day I can be up five pounds but I still indulge.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79671-sugar-is-not-your-friend-part-2

Consider joining this thread...or at least read through it. There's lots of tips, support and info there.:flowerforyou:
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Try eating naturally sweet foods, like fruit. I think it's something you have to gradually ween yourself off of. Same with salt. Just start reducing a little each day until you reach your goal. If you add 2 spoons of sugar to your coffee, today add 1 3/4 or 1 1/2 spoons, tomorrow or the day after reduce that by a little more. When you feel deprived is when you feel the urge to indulge and binge-so don't go cold turkey! It's a process.

Nobody ever said it would be easy, just that it would be worth it!

:smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Quit it. You're going to suffer for a while as you break the addiction, but there's no other way around it. I've been sweets-free for 17 days, and it was torture for a while. My sweet treat now is low sugar cereal with a banana, and I save that for the very last thing I eat in the evenings. It gives me something to look forward to for the end of the day, and not having sweets throughout the day makes it much easier since sugar leads to more sugar cravings.

Drink plenty of water, eat filling foods, eat often and take a multivitamin.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had to cut it out completly..... and now if I have a craving, I have one small piece of chocolate.