Starting Over :(

i was on here in the summer and it was working great for me but then i got off track. it is so difficult for me to stick with things past a month or two. although i'm disappointed, i'm ready to start again!!! i need to get healthier!!! any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    If you did it before, you can do it again. Try to ease into things gradually, if necessary.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I'll help you if you help me. :)
  • MelotD
    MelotD Posts: 3
    I'm in the same boat!! Doing it once means doing it again should be easy!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    I'd like to encourage you. At the same time I appreciate your honesty...........because I've only been on here less than a month, and had never prior done anything like this, or even exercised for that matter. I've lost 10 lbs already. So my encouragement to you would be, you never know how quickly you can get back into the swing of things, you might surprise yourself. As well, I appreciate your story, it's helping me to be aware that this could happen to me, possibly, if I don't stay on track and stay logged in everyday, like I have been since joining. My results speak for themselves, how I feel is priceless. I have more energy, I eat MORE, i'm seeing my body transform, not GIANT leaps and bounds, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't changed.

You can do it, you've already started!
  • YOU GOT THE POWER!
    for real!
  • GREAT post Bro!
    To joeseph
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    As long as you keep starting over you'll get there. (Better if you don't stop or take longer before you do. Good luck!)
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    COming back is a no scale victory in itself! Keep coming back till you get it right, I know I do!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    As you saw back in the summer you have begun a journey that is so very hard. We have so many temptations everywhere, there is food everywhere and commercials that bombard us day and night. Have a plan in place, you know what you have in the way of foods, so plan your menus around that. Plan your exercise as best you can, make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Watch for empty calories, such as soda. Many people plan cheat days or meals, I haven't had to do that yet. What made you get off track figure that out and try to not repeat that again. If it's a trigger food stay away from that. I know if I was to let myself buy a package of Reese's I'd be on a long trip of eating one right after the next. I know I can't. I have set goals and rewards for those goals. I download a song to my MP3 player, I have now lost 70 pounds and my reward is a new pair of workout shoes. My next goal is 80 pounds and that will be new sweats. I wish you the best of luck and keep us informed.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    I believe that you really can start over and get back on track. You did do it before and you can do it again. Make changes slowly and remember that this is not a sprint, it is a marathon. Drink plenty of water. Eat clean and healthy and get some kind of exercise everyday. Feel free to add me for support and encouragement.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Good on you for coming back and giving it a go again :)
    Work hard, be consistent, and remain dedicated, and you WILL get there!
    Not to say there won't be bumps along the way (it is a journey after all), but remember to not give up and just keep pushing through :)

Also.. a quote for you..

"If you're sick of starting over, then stop quitting"

Good luck! xx
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Welcome back! You can do it!
  • Gaiasmum
    Gaiasmum Posts: 8 Member
    Im there with ya,

Ive been trying (which really means not trying very much at all) for the last 4 months or so and I lose about 5 pounds then bounce back up. Up, down, up, down.

Ive got a 9 months old and I need to get onto it so I dont pass on my crappy eating habbits, thats my worse fear
  • Me too! This time we WILL do it!

Feel free to add me :-)
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    I'd like to encourage you. At the same time I appreciate your honesty...........because I've only been on here less than a month, and had never prior done anything like this, or even exercised for that matter. I've lost 10 lbs already. So my encouragement to you would be, you never know how quickly you can get back into the swing of things, you might surprise yourself. As well, I appreciate your story, it's helping me to be aware that this could happen to me, possibly, if I don't stay on track and stay logged in everyday, like I have been since joining. My results speak for themselves, how I feel is priceless. I have more energy, I eat MORE, i'm seeing my body transform, not GIANT leaps and bounds, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't changed.

You can do it, you've already started!
    :flowerforyou:
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    I'm the same matey. Gotta find new focus and reset goals I think. Setting out to achieve goals that are floating in our own minds is too easy to stumble away from. Getting goals written down where they become visual for you is a better way of achieving things and a stronger way of sticking with your goals through accountability really!

Make yourself a poster. Put in the centre a few words of motivation/a personal mantra/a new goal.

Mine has always been " I'm a strong, independent and beautiful woman". I need many glances at that poster saying to think it and believe it.

On the poster I also have pictures of goals I want to achieve. A pic of a holiday destination, a weight goal I want to reach (along with several other smaller ones with 'tick' boxes next to them so I can see my smaller goals). I also have pics of when I loved my body the most (for where I want to get to again motivation) plus other women with physical attributes I am able to aim for. I have a girls legs and backside, a fitness looking chick who just looks mighty fine muscle wise and other ones playing tennis etc, as thats the sport I'm currently enjoying. My goals include getting a tennis skirt soon and wearing it instead of my long leggings that cover up plus a new dress piccy that I would love to reach the ability to wear one day! I have a friend with similar goals, we both play tennis together and both want to lose about 15kgs each which is great for accountability, each week we share what we have done or not done fitness wise and allow ourselves some cheek when not doing anything.

Doing all this on our own is truly hard, but it is possible with back up from supports and like minded friends.

best of luck with your new journey. Set a time and weight loss goal and see it written on your poster. The most satisfying feeling can come from 'ticking off' an achievement and being able to add new ones!!

cheers
    Lou.