Rainy Day

Options
tommygirl15
tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
As most know, eastern US and parts of Canada are getting hit with a lot of rain over the next few days courtesy of hurricane Sandy. So, what do you like to do on a rainy day? :smile:

Replies

• mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    im in buffalo,ny...it rained all day yesterday and is 41 and drizzly today...both days...two walks for the dogs....last night after a very long day....fire in the fireplace...cuddled with my husband and the pups...today is a family celebration....life is good!
  • DrewMartGrawr
    Options
    Rainy days are my favorite! I have an audio track of a thunderstorm to put me to sleep sometimes. In fact, the first time I walked a 5K (a couple months ago) was in the rain. I was soaked, shoes and all, and I thought my phone was going to fry and explode in my pocket.

I live in Oklahoma, and unfortunately the forecast shows a bright yellow circle all week long. Makes me want to move up to Washington state where it's drizzly all the time. But when it rains here, it storms, sometimes shutting off all the power and leaving me Amish. Lightning and thunder and rain makes me happier than just about anything else. I want my own sealed glass gazebo one day with a big fluffy bed or couch so I can enjoy being out in the rain while staying dry and comfortable. Good days for relaxing and reading. ^^
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I agree, I like reading on a rainy day... or laying in bed with my laptop :)
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I will be working, I prefer to be at home reading, listening to Rachmaninoff or Bach or sitting on the porch drinking it all in. (no pun) Or lying in bed letting it lull me to sleep.
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    Snuggle with my babies on the couch with Hot Cocoa
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I live up here in Washington state. Today is the first sunny day we've had in 3 weeks (it's supposed to rain this afternoon though). It's been almost constant rain for the past 3 weeks, but sadly no thunderstorms :cry: It's put a damper in my usual (outdoor) workouts but been having fun catching up on tv shows while doing free weights and calisthenics inside.

I hope hurricane Sandy misses you guys on the east coast! Hopefully the drizzle and higher winds you're getting now is the worst of it!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm in NH, so the hurricane hasn't made it to me yet... But when it's raining I'm usually lazy and either watch it if it's a thunderstorm or watch a movie. If its a Sunday, I'd be watching football all day anyways lol
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    I am from Long Island, NY so today is the start of Sandy's extravaganza... and to tell you the truth- she sucked all the life out of me! All I want to do is stay underneath the blankets, watch some of my favorite shows/movies, and not work out... pretty much everything I shouldn't be doing lol
  • mercymarque
    Options
    State workers in NJ off. So I will catch up on cleaning and shows as well as get my exercise in. I will also make a peach cobbler since my son has bugged me about it.