I want to order pizza :/

Options
1235»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I never ate at Grimaldi's, but hear they have great coal-brick oven pizza and there is one down the road from me. I think I'm going to eat a few slices tonight.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    When I *reallllllyyy* want something, I let myself have it. HOWEVER, I do it smartly. Instead of a whole pizza, I'll get a slice (like at the mall, or some of the little places that actually sell by the slice). If I want ice cream, I get one of those single size ones or get a kids scoop at an ice cream place, etc.

If I had said "i can never have_______ again", I would never have lost all the weight!! Its the same way with chocolate... I have a piece or two of dark chocolate with almonds, instead of an entire snickers bar.

THIS. If you can afford to order a pizza, meet the delivery guy outside.. pay him.. graba piece out of the box & turn the rest of the pizza upside down into the trash. Seriously.. if Pizza is in the house, i will eat it.. its probably my ONLY weakness. Nothing else bothers me, but PIZZA.. omg.. its too damn good. ONE PIECE of standard pepperoni can easily be 400 calories!

If you can AFFORD to order it, then you can AFFORD to throw it in the trash.. so do it! One piece, toss it upside down into the dumpster, or find a homeles man or woman, order it, meet them there, and take a piece, give the rest to them.

FOOD DOES NOT HAVE CONTROL OF YOU.........

YOU HAVE CONTROL OF FOOD!

:heart:
    I would never throw it in the trash because there are millions of children starving in the world :/ I'd just give it away and eat the rest periodically over the course of a few days. I like the homeless person idea, that is really nice!

I just wanted to add that Where i live, you would have to drive an hour to FIND a homeless person to give it to, and while i dont believe in "wasting food" that is also what got me here.. my grandmother telling me about all the starving children in africa & to clean my plate.. so no, i would not rather eat it than toss it, providing i could not give it to someone.

So that is why i say "toss it" but i do agree if you have someone to give it to, then by all means, DO IT! We dont even have delivery here or anything like that.. i live in the sticks! lol

So just making that clear, i am not some monster who wants to starve little children. lol
    Well, we live in different areas then because I can walk 2 blocks and see a lot of homeless people. There is one who sleeps by Subway, one who stands by Burger King, two who sleep on the step of a church near our place, etc. I don't think you're a monster, after all, the homeless person was YOUR suggestion. I don't see how anything is your grandma's fault however because my dad told me that too. I still agree with it. Just clearing your plate won't make you fat, it also takes a lack of activity and over eating at every other meal too.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Quote:
    I just wanted to add that Where i live, you would have to drive an hour to FIND a homeless person to give it to, and while i dont believe in "wasting food" that is also what got me here.. my grandmother telling me about all the starving children in africa & to clean my plate.. so no, i would not rather eat it than toss it, providing i could not give it to someone.

So that is why i say "toss it" but i do agree if you have someone to give it to, then by all means, DO IT! We dont even have delivery here or anything like that.. i live in the sticks! lol

So just making that clear, i am not some monster who wants to starve little children. lol

You sound like a monster...............your blaming your grandma for being overweight..............when see was trying to teach you a life lesson that obviously flew over your head. I'm sure she didn't pile your plate sky high, and was sooooooooooo unfair about the HUGE portions she gave you, that it would cause your adult problems now.................you are an adult too............right?

I don't know if you read my post or not................seems like you did, but I mentioned how I'd give NON HOMELESS ppl food as well, and how they'd except it nearly as much as a homeless person. Yes you have to have a certain kind of confidence at times to do this, because initially so of them will look at you strangely, but if you convince them it's "all good" MOST will except...........I'm not talking about handing someone the last 3 chips off your nacho cheesed plate.................or giving someone the last bite of your chewed up burger....................pizza is a perfect example though.............that's why I mentioned it in the first place(giving food away)........usually you don't start eating a piece unless your going to finish it, so you can easily give something like that away without someone feeling too concerned. Left overs from eating out is another easy give away..............there's a lot of them really.

Just remember...............just because someone isn't homeless.......................doesn't mean that you didn't walk by them with food in your hand you plan on throwing away................while there hungry..............and having to skip a meal because they can't afford it, or because there parents are not in the best financial shape.

Open your mind.
    P.S. You could also just eat it and then EXERCISE extra to work it off. You exercise for an hour on a bike and it can burn off 600calories (well for me and I'm 168lbs, so more for some people on MFP). I would just eat it then exercise OR save it and eat it slowly.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    l.jpg
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have Aldi in America, but I got a realllllllllllllly yummy pizza today, stonebaked with chicken rocket and peppers, and halved it with my boyfriend so two slices each - it only came to 300, which is actually not too bad for a cheat meal!
    I had the same one yesterday instead or ordered! LOL Well, stonebaked :] I made my husband a Fire Baked Crust 5 cheese (was delicious! I stole a slice. I cut it into 12 squares). I made myself a stone baked veggie and ate 1/3 of it too. I had tons of calories left before so I could splurge a little. Delicious <3
  • Verity1111
    Options
    l.jpg
    Yum! lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    P.S. EVERYONE: I woke up this morning 1.4lbs lighter than I was yesterday haha! So much for retention ;] Not to mention when it hit 12am I ate another 1/3 of that pizza and added it as "breakfast" Chaching. Lol
  • ryanxpei
    Options
    I like to order a party pizza and eat it all in one sitting... This is bad news!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You could always order a thin crust with veggies, and no extra cheese. Or something with a pesto based sauce...

Be careful on the sauce. Pesto sounds like it's healthier than red sauce, but usually not. There is a TON of olive oil in Pesto.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You could always order a thin crust with veggies, and no extra cheese. Or something with a pesto based sauce...

I always order Pizza Hut Veggie Lover's thin crust with added Canadian bacon (ham) for extra protein.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    me 2:blushing:
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I order a hand-tossed Chicken taco Pizza from Pizza Hut when I get in the mood for pizza. Depending on how your local place slices it (8 or 12) each slices is either 320 Calories ( 8 slice pizza ) or 212 calories (12 slice Pizza) With a good work out, you can eat nearly half the dang thing and still not do too badly.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Make cauliflower pizza!!

cauliflower pizza? never heard of someone making pizza with cauliflower, but than again I don't like or eat cauliflower

It's disgusting.. lol I was all excited to make a cauliflower crust, but when I took a big ole bite of it I wanted to spit it back out. Some like it, I do not! lol
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

I always order Pizza Hut Veggie Lover's thin crust with added Canadian bacon (ham) for extra protein.

The only thing I like on Thin Crust is an artery clogger. Thin Crust with Pepperoni, extra cheese, and Bacon (not 'canadian' bacon either).
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    no meat on my slices and i'll bring the beer

Black olives and mushrooms on mine, and I'll bring the Netflix :-)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    um I would go get a papa murphy's delite crust pizza loaded with veggies and maybe chicken. if no one is there to share it immediately package up the leftovers so you don't go back for seconds. Depending on toppings you can have it for about 150 cals a slice. Its about 650 for 4 slices of Hawaiian. It isn't the lowest cal option on the planet but not worse than spaghetti. It's inexpensive and guilt free and they don't skimp on the toppings.