I am taunted by neighbours when I run up the street

Options

Replies

• soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    People can be so insensitive and rude. Keep running and put on headphones. If your neighbours see you are not being affected by their taunts they will soon stop. Don't let others ruin what you love doing.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,129 Member
    Options
    People can be incredibly cruel. Rise above their base taunts and enjoy your run!
  • cjspawn120
    Options
    just remember you're doing this for yourself!!! Forget them! Put in headphones and remember your goal!!! BE proud hun you are incredible!
  • jbeverly21176
    Options
    Ignore them, they seem like horrible people and one day will receive what they deserve. Your doing great, keep up the good work!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Keep the headphones in and the music turned up, that's what I do. Humans are *kitten*.

What she said. Horrible people :grumble:

I feel you, I'd have to agree with what everyonw else has said.. put on your head phones crank up your fav song and put on some dark shades then just stair straight ahead! Get em lol thats what I do who cares about anyone else
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    stupid punks!!

I know its hard to ignore them but as everyone is saying...headphones...they are awesome and loud for a reason, lol. Take it all in stride and know that you are bettering yourself and your health. and 8.5 miles is a huge total....Id be willing to bet those punks cant even do a mile. Ask them to race next time..see what happens:)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    They sound like a severly disturbed family. Ignore them. When you're sprinting by at your goal weight be sure to smile and wave while they will probably just still be unhappy and grouchy and mean.

Edited to add: I can't run for two hours or 8.5 miles. You rock.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to apologize for them. People are so nasty, and have no reason for it. :frown:

If the comments are too hard to listen to, put a headphone in one ear (I do this as a safety precaution so I can hear if someone is approaching or a car is getting too close/slow for my comfort) and just stay focused on your breathing/music/steps. It's a shame you have to put up with that.

Good luck.
  • weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Keep running. I want to know what he says when you hit goal and he feels like fool. Maybe he's too dumb to feel that way. But it'll be worth it.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nobody should be negative like that! What happened to people being civilized and courteous? Good for you for speaking up. They should be ashamed of themselves. And, I applaud you for keeping your chin up and running! You are just getting better and better and they are just pathetic losers. Someday soon they will look out their window and see an amazing, fit, healthy girl running down the road and they will be still sitting on their loser butts looking for someone else to harrass.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    OMG some people should not be allowed to breed! After all the 8 yo is only rude coz he learned it from his parents obvs!! Shocking! I agree, headphones on and ignore. You should be proud of what you have achieved and you are obviously way fitter than a lot of "thin" people if you can run so far. You go girl :smile:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    This just makes me sad. What is wrong with people????
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    leave a coiler on the doorstep
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Bet they are "shaped" but unable to run half what you run!
    The planet is full of those A-holes....
    Trust me, if they take the time to comment like that, it's because you must be or doing something they can't!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Just shout back that you're running to improve your health but there is nothing that can cure their stupidity.

Be proud of what you have achieved so far. 2 hours for 8.5 miles is a pretty decent time.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    Some people are jealous that you are taking control and getting healthy. Some people are just miserable and nasty. No matter what, you can't change that. Only they can. So, do what you do to make you happy. I agree with what others have said; headphones in and sound up. Also, keep your chin up and let the haters hate. Congrats on your success so far! :smile:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    That is why it's legal to carry guns here in the US.

And KEEP running. I actually got a compliment on my legs today. That is a first!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Your neighbors are *kitten*. I get why you said something to the father, but honestly you aren't going to be able to change anyone who is that rude and inconsiderate. Just keep your head held high... anyone that can run 8.5 miles should be proud of their accomplishments. Deep down, I'm sure you know that you are doing things that most people will never even attempt!
  • mark62730
    Options
    that's just awful - assuming you can't move just ignore them - it baffles me how people lack class now a days...very unfortunate. keep your head up, you're awesome!
  • calitravelingal
    Options
    A few things: 1) f*** them, you'll be able to laugh really loud at them when you're a size X, skinny and fit! 2) Great job not giving in to people like that. Remember for every dumb person who laughs or makes rude comments there is someone else who is inspired. I'm around a US size 14/16 down from a 20. Running did it for me, everytime I saw a person like me running I knew that I could do it too! 3) It's not too much to expect your neighbors to be nicer than joe schmoe public, but the bottom line is in life not everyone is nice. And people who aren't nice, always get what coming to them in the end. Karma's a *****!
    :happy: