I am taunted by neighbours when I run up the street

Options

Replies

• love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I would be tempted to move. Since that's probably not practical, the next best thing (probably the best thing, actually) is to smile, wave, and say a little prayer for them. Keep running, and I'm sure you'll soon look great running down the street. They could be jealous. I'm sure you could outrun many of the hecklers in a distance race. Remember, they have a worse problem than you. God bless you, and keep running!
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    An 8 year old SHOULD know better not to call people names, however, it's obvious he is not getting a proper upbringing. I don't understand why people are so cruel. Just keep running, you're doing great! Don't let them get to you.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    WOW people are such jerks. And to add to it each one of them sounds like trash. First off sorry that happened second sorry they are your neighbors! If it were me I would just keep my headphones on and ignore them. Well I might have said some mean words to them but I think you just keep going and ignore they are the idiots that keep this world the way it is. Sorry hun!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When you look like a million trillion bucks they won't be laughing anymore, *kitten*!!!!!!!! >.>

(Not saying there is anything wrong with you now but you know what I mean!!!)

You stay strong and keep on runnin, those idiots can sit on their *kitten* and make fun of people all day if it fufills their sorry lives.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    *kitten*! Put on your ipod and keep on runnin' ...

Yes!!! And this is putting it nicely! I have a few other words for your neighbors. Good for you for running like that and to hell with your ****ely neighbors. Crank the music and just keep thinking of all the hard work you are doing!!!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Some people are just trash. There's really not much you can do about it, once they've become adults (if you can call them that). I suppose you could look into the harassment laws in your area, if it gets really bad. Or child services, given what the son is learning from his upstanding parents. This reminds me of the multi-generational family that rented the place next to mine, when I loved in Toronto. They were always sitting out on their front porch, never seeming to attend any for of job, the dad in a wifebeater and shorts, shouting after his horrible little children. White trash, essentially.

If you have any large, muscular and imposing male friends in your life, see if you can get them to join you a couple of times. Maybe these people will clam up if they think you know people they DON'T want to mess with (I'd get my brother, who is 6' 6", has a caveman brow, is a guitarist in a metal band, and whose nickname is "Tall Scary (his name)"). No need for actual threats, of course; just have them standing next to you, looking mean ;P
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This has inspired me to start running. Tomorrow, I will run. Thank you.
  • gmad87
    gmad87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you have scumbag neighbors. Keep up the good work and never give up! Just consider this for motivation: once you're skinnier just look them in the eye as you run by and give the biggest look of smug satisfaction. Nothing more needs to be said to them. That would be a waste of your time.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    While you continue running and you body improves, your neighbours will still be in poor shape. Not long to go - they've soon go quiet.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    What Morons! Headphones, tunnel vision and just keep running! I would also recommend finding a running path somewhere that is frequented by runners and bikers...I just LOVE how supportive fellow runners are. I frequently have people cheering for me.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    As hurtful as this is, I'd kill them with kindness and invite them to run effing 8 MILES and see if they'll get it then. S.O.B's..
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have some mean neighbors! Keep at it when you get down to that size 8 or 6 their mouths will drop! Keep running screw them!! And turn that music up!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I'm always surprised when I hear of this kind of nastiness. Agree with the person who suggested there might be serious disturbance/deprivation in that family, not that thinking of that helps you...

I commend you for summoning up the courage to head out regardless. Because, to be honest, if it were me, I'd probably change my route (ie, actually begin my run from a different location, given they're just at your building). Not saying you should, just that I would, because I couldn't cope with it. Seriously, you're a hero.

I'd be pessimistic about any resolution with these people, legal or otherwise. I wouldn't put it past them to escalate their bullying, after a formal complaint. (Doubt too that police could do much to put them off; unlikely they'd be jailed for less than common assault. I'd be watching my back constantly.)

Again. You have my admiration. I hope the headphones tactic helps you, or quiets them.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    As hurtful as this is, I'd kill them with kindness and invite them to run effing 8 MILES and see if they'll get it then. S.O.B's..

HELL YES!
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Ignore them. At most I would flip a finger or scream FU, especially at the child that need to learn some manners. Don't waste energy during a run and don't let anything interfere with it. I'm envious at your distance and time btw.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wow. That made me so angry that I am sputtering. At a loss for words, actually (and if you knew me at all, you would know that that just does not happen).

The ipod is good, loud music is good and maybe get yourself a very large dog! New running partner!:laugh:
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The world is full of a lot of mean spirited people. My suggestion, besides to keep running and use headphones, would be to make sure ALL your other neighbors hear about their bad behavior so that when these jerks need a neighborly hand, everyone turns their backs on them! So talk about it to all the good people in your neighborhood! "You wouldn't believe what a neighbor said to me!" That is how bad behavior is controlled in many cultures- it is called shunning.
  • katie070563
    Options
    First of all I have to say how much I admire you for the running......I'd keel over with just the thought, so well done on this great achievement. Nobody has the right to abuse others...they sound intellectually bankrupt to me!! Also they are bullies...and remember that bullies are insecure, meaningless individuals; they get away with it as long as others let them! If you can ignore them do.....otherwise just come up with something smart...or tell them to f'**k off!!

Good luck and keep on running!!!
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Be strong and keep on running. Ignore the idiots. :flowerforyou:
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Wow that is so incredibly rude! People these days... Smh :mad:

Good on you for staying strong! I know it's hard to ignore but people make rude comments for the purpose of the person reacting to it. When they see you trotting your mega hot body, they'll learn their lesson. Freaking *kitten*.

Also, congrats on your amazing progress! :flowerforyou: