Anorexic+Birthday=?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Focus maybe on a different kind of gift. Flowers, a movie, a shopping date, a pedicure!
    Hope she enjoys her day and the people in her life!
  • teenXidle
    teenXidle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    wrap a present and make it look like a cake(like with a round box and decorate it) then hot glue candles to it. she gets to blow out candles without the cake :D

This is so imaginative! Everyone has great ideas but this just might be it :) perfect!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    angel food cake is low cal and a strawberry jam filling with cool whip on top would be perfect for a birthday and still would feel totally special and like a real birthday treat.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    I brought my friend a tiny little cheesecake with a load of fruit on it for his birthday with a little candle. It was pretty much bite sized, which was great because I took it to him at work. Maybe you could replace the cheesecake with something bite sized and healthier. Something smaller may not overwhelm her like a huge cake would, and you could make a couple for everyone.

Good luck, and I wish you both well. :)
  • Someone844
    Someone844 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could make her a watermelon cake. Homemake a low cal icing and add all her favorite fruits. My birthday is coming up and I know I would be a lot less stressed and be able to enjoy my day more if this were my birthday cake!
    ... Just realized I am 4 years late to this party but figured I'd still post this if only for a reference for anyone else who may stumble along it like me!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If she's aneoxic and you just want her to enjoy her birthday without any guilt, I reccomend just focusing the celebration on something completely non-food related. A lot of the time, it's eating itself that provoked the anxiety. She may experience the same type of anxiety over eating an apple that she would over eating fried butter. Just go to the movies or shopping or something and enjoy the day.

Otherwise, you could make one of those watermelon-fruit cakes on Pinterest or something.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just saw the date op posted. :o
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I would definitely just do something without food in the picture. If you make something low calorie I feel like it's almost enabling her disorder and telling her it's okay to be anorexic and emaciated you know. That is not good as it is enforcing abnormal behavior. I would just do something without food because anything you do will likely turn out badly.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    This thread really is from the dark ages and not a great topic to bring back to the top of the forums... eeeewwww

Def a newbie did that.