365 days! (pics)

Options
SARgirl
SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
I finally got to see "SARgirl has logged on for 365 days" today and I told myself that when I got there I would post my success story so here it goes!

I have always been active and actually enjoy working out so that was never an issue for me. However, I LOVE to eat! I finally conceeded to the fact that I had to actually pay attention to how much I was eating. Thanks to my friend, Erika, she started a "Fit By the New Year" challenge on Facebook last November 1st and part of our challenge was to track our calories, and she recommended MFP. I had also completed a a Warrior Dash last October and saw this picture of me and knew I needed to do something:

821f310de00f7b154c6e74dbb49323ce.jpg

I set my settings to lose 1 pound a week and and ate my exercise calories back. I generally had one day a week when I was over my calories as well but that didn't seem to affect my progress. I was working out 5-6 days a week (Spinning, BodyJam, CXWorx classes at the gym). I also did Insanity in April. These are my progress pics from then:

InsanityBackViewBefore.jpg
Before Insanity

InsanityBackViewAfter.jpg
After Insanity

back.jpg
Now

Here are my stats:

34 years old
Female
5'5"
Starting Weight: 158
Original Goal: 130
Current Weight: 122

For me it was all about portion control once I got a hold on that it was all down hill from there! Of course I lost the first 20 pounds pretty quickly (within 4 months) but those last 15 pounds took another 6 months! I've been at maintenence since about July and have been doing decent with that (fluctuating 3 pounds +/-). Since starting maintenence I have realized that tracking is just as important, if not more important, because I could see how I could easily slip back into eating as much as I want!

Thank you to all my MFP friends for all the support and encouragement!!! I couldn't have done it without you!

Here are some current pics that I took today!

MFP1.jpg
[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t499/lgatti128/MFP/bicep.jpg[/img ][/img]hanging.jpg
bicep.jpg

I know I didn't have a lot to lose but hopefully I will be an inspiration to someone! If I can do it, so can you! My next goal is to start lifting more and build some muscle:)

Replies

• jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you look great! keep up the good work!
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    You look Great! You definately are an inspriation! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Love it! Congrats!!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Way to stick with it.
    I like to see success stories where the person has maintained at (or below) their goal weight for awhile, so thanks for posting your story.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Arunakae
    Options
    This is awesome! Congratulations!
  • mcierley
    mcierley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your pics are very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and very fit. Great job!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You rock and you look gorgeous!!!!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My congrats, you have done an awesome job!!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Great pictures!! Great work!!
  • sitabrown
    sitabrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, you have always been dedicated to your work outs and logging. Now to build up more muscles! I cannot wait to see your progress. Thank you for always encouraging me as well!!! You are amazing
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!! I am so proud of you!! You are such an inspiration, and I love that you shared your story today!!
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You have totally inspired me! I have my last 15 pounds to go to get to my new goal weight of 135 and it's been really hard! You just showed me that it can be done!!! I am so so so excited! Good for you for also maintaining!!!!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love all these success stories and 365 days is an NSV that I hadn't actually thought about before, but one that really appeals.

You look super and thanks for posting.

Mavis
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! You look awesome! And was great to hear your story- especially as I'm 5'6 about 158-160 love exercise and nutrition is my downfall too! How did you go about changing your attitude to food?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!