Halloween's different this year

Options
So I started my journey around early June or so. Now, this Halloween around, I can't help but feel a little depressed, haha. I plan to get a lot of candy, but sadly I'm not really going to eat it :tongue: Although I'm not complaining, I'd rather not touch the stuff to be honest; I don't look at sweets the same way anymore, and I'm glad for that. I plan to give the candy to my younger sister, she's six. :smile:

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have kids, so it's a bit different. They are going to be trick or treating, but my youngest son cannot have gluten or dairy, so he's going to pick through his candy and choose what he is able to eat. My oldest son has chosen to choose 20 of his favorites. The rest will go to work with dad. I can't and wont keep it here. I have zero will power when it comes to candy or chips.
  • Jiruchan
    Jiruchan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have kids, so it's a bit different. They are going to be trick or treating, but my youngest son cannot have gluten or dairy, so he's going to pick through his candy and choose what he is able to eat. My oldest son has chosen to choose 20 of his favorites. The rest will go to work with dad. I can't and wont keep it here. I have zero will power when it comes to candy or chips.
    I've learned a great deal of restraint over the past few months, it's gotten easier and easier to resist those treats. Although when it came to candy, I was pretty picky to begin with, so I would only pick out a few pieces that I liked, then give the rest to someone else. The only things that I found hard to abstain from was Coca Cola and pizza, but other than that it's gotten easier to resist eating most empty calories. I think that the more you stray away from a certain food, the more detached you become from it mentally, and it doesn't have as strong of a hold on you.