About how many pounds do I have to lose to drop pant sizes?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I wear a 14. I've lost over 20 - it will be at least 35-40lbs before I go down a size - I'm not even close right now to moving down a size. Everyone's body is different - so it just depends on your body type.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I went down a size with a zero loss, just from toning I guess. i would imagine everyone is different, probably depends what you're doing for exercise too.

agreed. exercise. its important. (i just figured it out. lol)
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yup. I will have to drop 35-40 before I can move from 16 to 14. Unless sizes have changed all that much in the last few years...
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've just moved from a 16 (US) pants into a 14. Most of the inches I've lost have been waist/stomach/hips. I haven't lost much in boobs yet so I'm still wearing an XL top but they are looser. I tried on some L button-up shirts and still can't really get them to button across my boobs. I've lost 22 pounds.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was a 18/20 when I first started and 46 pounds later I am rocking a comfortable size 10! I have more weight to lose so not sure when I will see a single digit!! Good luck on your journey!
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think it varies from person to person i am still a size 18 just a lose 18 instead of tight 18 lol still cant fit in a 16 :(
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Started at 14/16 and 25 lbs later a 10, almost an 8. My thighs usually force me a size up :sigh:
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body shape and where/how you lose. I have lost 30 pounds. Started at a 16. Now my 16's are baggy, but 14's are still a little tight. I have very, VERY wide hips.
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    always around ten. except when you get below a size 8
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I just got an order of clothes from one of my favourite korean brands, and the shorts fit, but there's no give so they are tight on the waist. I need to sort that out. my goal is 4-6 kg of mostly fat in 2-3 months. 2 months really.
    Ah man, Korean fashions are a great motivator to lose weight, aren't they? I bought 2 jackets in asian XXXL size (close to US XL) recently. One now fits me OK (yay) and hoping the other will in a couple months.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    It depends because some people lose their weight in their stomach and chest or arms first, then go down a shirt size, while some people lose weight in their thighs, hips, or lower abdomen and go down a pants size. This is how it works for me:

130s - 7/9 (mostly 9)

140s - 9/10

150s - 10/11

160s - 12

170s - 14/15

180s-190 - 16

I've never been any larger except while pregnant and I didn't wear jeans. lol
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that 1 size is 20lbs. In my experience that holds true.
    This also holds true for me, too.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

I just got an order of clothes from one of my favourite korean brands, and the shorts fit, but there's no give so they are tight on the waist. I need to sort that out. my goal is 4-6 kg of mostly fat in 2-3 months. 2 months really.
    Ah man, Korean fashions are a great motivator to lose weight, aren't they? I bought 2 jackets in asian XXXL size (close to US XL) recently. One now fits me OK (yay) and hoping the other will in a couple months.

yup, asian sizes in general are a minefield, especially jackets because of the chest and shoulder measurements. because im 184cm tall, theres a lot of stuff that isnt going to fit because there sizes are designed for heights up to 175-180cm.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    As a fairly large guy (6'2ish, largish frame) it takes me about 15 lbs BUT when I started I was in some serious denial about what size I should have been wearing so it took a lot more before I started dropping sizes.
  • ahenington
    ahenington Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't over think it! Just enjoy every time you put on a smaller size. I have been known to do the ""happy dance" in dressing rooms. I am learning if we do the work everything else will fall into place! Stay positive
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It took me 40 pounds to go down one size. But I started at a 24W in pants. The larger the pants, the longer you go between sizes.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Would think it varies, but 20 lbs seems to be in the right area. I've lost about 40 lbs overall, and have dropped 2 sizes...moving rapidly toward my 3rd drop. ( 42-38)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that applies to everyone. Depends on your shape and where you lose the weight.

I've lost 30 pounds so far and I'm still the same pant size. I've noticed the most loss from my midsection (where i carry the most weight). So it all just depends.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well it's not so much about the lbs as it is about the inches!
  • blw1125
    Options
    I am currently at 5'7",weigh 188, and wear a size 12 jeans/pants. I know if I lose about 10 more pounds I can get back into a size 9. Also knowing my body I will remain at that size, I know this because even 20 years ago at the same height but weighing only 125 and I still wore a size 9. My hips would never let me go a lower size.