Keep on Plugging Away

Options
Today marks one month of me being on MFP. After 3 strange weeks of no loss weight and even a .5 lb gain at one point (see below for the stats), this past week has given me renewed hope with a 5 lb loss.

So it's true what you hear on this message board: Weight loss is not linear. Have patience and don't give up!

October 1 - weight: 220
Average daily calorie intake - 1,680
Exercise minutes for the week - 300

October 8 - weight: 220
Average daily calorie intake - 1,836
Exercise minutes for the week - 440

October 15 - weight: 220.5
Average daily calorie intake - 1,763
Exercise minutes for the week - 400

October 22 - weight: 220
Average daily calorie intake - 1,511
Exercise minutes for the week - 440

October 29 - weight: 215

Replies

• katweeks63
    Options
    Congratulations!

Remember, what you eat is as important as how much you eat. Lots of veggies make a huge difference!.
  • Selinax4
    Options
    Congratulations, well done on your weight loss. Ive been on MFP for 5 weeks, ive lost 5lb overall, even gaining half lb this week. Im quite strict with myself,stick to calorie intake and walk for at least an hour( Fast pace) 5 times a week. Im dissappointed with my slow progress, not sure where im going wrong. Do you think you did anything different this past week to help your weightloss??
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Thanks!

Yes, vegetables make a world of difference. I eat a lot of veggies during the week and that definitely lowers the calorie intake. Weekends, I struggle. Still trying to let go of bad habits.

The only thing different I see this week is I lowered my average calorie intake even more. Not enough to warrant a 5-lb loss. Maybe it was just the push my body needed to let go of the weight, IDK.

I hear you on the slow progress frustration. I've been reading tons of success stories and it seems with some people the weight loss is naturally more slower than typical. But they didn't give up and that's the key thing. If we don't give up either, then we're guaranteed to have our own success stories too. Might take longer, but sure beats giving up and ending up fatter next year. Don't even bat an eye at that .5 lb gain. It'll be gone (along with more lbs) before you know it.

I looked at your profile and weight loss ticker....you're so close to goal, that's probably why it's slow going. It'll happen! How awesome to be nearly there!