Not losing

I have been using my fitness pal for 2 month at first lost 2 pounds in two weeks. I now gained 2 pounds i lost plus another 3 more pounds. i don't know what is going on i am just consuming 1200 calories any advice someone please.. Thank You:smile:

Replies

• Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Well since your diary isn't open it's hard to tell what's going on.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    If we could see your diary we may be able to help......................
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Like the others said, try opening your diary and letting us see. It's possible that you're not estimating calories correctly and are eating much more than you think, or it's possible that you're eating too little for your body specifically and your metabolism has slowed. We'll need to know details.
  • tazmatt
    tazmatt Posts: 11 Member
    I hope I can help, in the beginning you do lose fast and then you level out pluss you need to excersise cardio helps out alot and you need to stay within you'r calorie range you can go over a little but you need to excersise to burn a off the more you lose finess pal will adjust you'r calorie range Ive been doing finess pal for about 10 months it was frusterating but it grew on me I kinda enjoy my wife and I ahve been running 5k races and found we have been losing alot faster we train 3 times a week that halps alot :smokin: :glasses: I hope this helps and gives some idea on what to do
  • tazmatt
    tazmatt Posts: 11 Member
    also adjust you'r diary so we can see whats going and we can help by both giving suggestion and support:smokin: :glasses:
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    We need to now a little more about you to really be able to help. WHat is your curent weight, your goal weight, activity level, height, age. How much and what kind of exercise are you doing? Do you measure your food or just eye-ball it?

It would also be good to see your diary 1200 calories of junk or processed foods isn't the same as 1200 of good food but you should be losing something at 1200. that usually works for most people at first so I'm cuiriosu to see what might be going on here.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Are you weighting & measuring your foods? It's very hard to know the calories without. Once you start losing we usually get lazy about it...and start gaining it back. Drink lots of water if you really want to lose weight also.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Your profile says you are a 48 year old man, without knowing anything else about you, I think the 1200 calories a day is too low. I eat more than that and I have lost 7lbs in 1 month and half. I even cheat like crazy! You might want to go to the doctor. Put more info up on your profile and we can offer tips in the mean time. Don't give up!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Being male, 1200 calories might not be enough for you. 1200 is the minimum a female should consume but generally a male should eat a minimum of 1500 calories per day. Without seeing your diary it is difficult to know what you're consuming. Are you eating junk food or good foods?

JF = foods with no nutritional content; chips, fried foods, sodas, high calories, highly processed foods.

Good foods = Fresh fruits, vegetables (at least some of them raw), whole grains (high fiber), lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts/seeds (you need good fats)

Are you getting any exercise? How much weight are you trying to lose? Either way, you may be consuming too few calories if eating at 1200.