How Steph got her groove back!

Options
Hello my beautiful MFP's. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, my life has been turned up side down as of late. I left my boyfriend of 5 years 3 months ago. I'm a very strong willed person and when I make up my mind about something then thats it. We had lived together for 4 of the 5 years, I thought we would get married and have the family I always wanted. Turns out that we wanted different things in life. So as much as I loved him (and still do) I had to leave, because I deserve the future I dream of. So in 1 week I made my decision, I broke up with him, and moved out of our apartment in 2 hours with a team of my best friends. Shortly after that our dog died, I had a cancer scare, and had to have a biopsy. Don't worry, I'm cancer free. I moved into my own apartment after staying with my brother for a short time. So I am Ms. Independent at the moment! I'm very proud of that fact. :drinker: I've come to the realization that I have been in denial about being depressed... yes, I am depressed, but only time will help that. I will grow as a person from this and will get stronger.
So about my weight loss... When all of this started I couldn't eat. I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks, now I've picked up bad eating habits again and have gained back 7 pounds. So as of today I'm taking a stand! I know I can control this part of my life right now... I only have 30 pounds to lose till my goal. I've already lost 50... I feel like focusing on me and my health with help me to get through this. With support from my friends, family, and MFP's I can do anything! love you guys and thank you for sticking with me :flowerforyou:

I'm on the right from the halloween party I attended on Saturday. I won sexiest costume! I still got it! lol
Halloween2012001.jpg

Replies

• Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I wish you only the best on your journey forward.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Life some times gets in the way which makes our journey that much more difficult. Awesome that you are so determined. Remember to lean on your friends (sounds like you have AWESOME friends!) and lean on those you trust here on MFP. There is strength in numbers and don't forget to reach out and get the support you need. You'll be successful!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Steph-SO HAPPY to have you back-I've been worried about you. We are here for you!! You made it thru...and on we go together!!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! So glad you are cancer free. Sorry for your loss of your dog ((HUGS)) :smile:
  • AJs_Mom29
    AJs_Mom29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad to see your got your groove back :o) I'm working on my own lol lost my mojo recently but I'm determined to kick some *kitten*!!! Glad to read you're doing better also ;o) Good luck with everything- YOU CAN DO IT!!! XOXOXO