Aww crap! What do I do now?!

Options
corn63
corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
So last night I had a Halloween party and invited over a bunch of my work friends. We were all downstairs drinking (only about an hour into it) and I noticed my boyfriend was gone somewhere so I went upstairs to see if he needed help with whatever he was doing and I walked in on my two MARRIED NOT TO EACH OTHER coworkers MAKING OUT IN MY COMPUTER ROOM! Turns out my boyfriend was in the kitchen on the other side of the house.

I backed out of the computer room before they could see me. But then for the rest of the night they kept disappearing like two teenagers! I have to see these people every day! And I know they're married and they both have kids and I don't know what to do. I don't know their spouses... help?

Replies

• nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Join in that Sh**! hell yea! the more the merrier I say
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    You should have taken pictures and used it as blackmail. You wouldn't have to do any work for a while. It could have been epic.

Do nothing. It's not your fault and it's not your problem. Not that I agree with it, nor should you... But what CAN you do about it? It probably wasn't the first time anyway.

Or you could still use it as blackmail.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Uhhh, yea, I would just stay out of that.

If one of them asks for your help, that may be a different story.

Sooner or later, someone is going to get caught.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    MYOB Secrets have a way of coming out regardless of how well they are kept, don't involve yourself in that drama, though I have a feeling you are itching to tell a whole lot more of people. Keep us updated on the salacious scandal
    popcorn.gif
  • corn63
    Options
    MYOB Secrets have a way of coming out regardless of how well they are kept, don't involve yourself in that drama, though I have a feeling you are itching to tell a whole lot more of people. Keep us updated on the salacious scandal
    popcorn.gif

I want to tell everybody I know. It's killing me. I am terrible at keeping secrets. All my friends know how horrible I am at it lol
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Crap that really sucks to be in that position. I don't really know what I would do. I think I would stay out of it but if I was "friends" with either co-worker I would no longer be friends. Having been on the wrong side of a cheating wife I can say I would have liked to know as sooner that I did, i wish somone would have told me they had proof she was cheating on me so I could have getten into and out of the divorce sooner if you know what I mean.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Me personally I'd send each a small note saying stop it or I'm telling. You can say where you saw them at without giving away who you are. You'll probably never know if they truly stop or not but hell as a married person I'd like to know if my spouse was cheating on me. You don't have to get involved just an unsigned note to each of them letting them know they were not as careful as they thought they were.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well blackmail is illegal so that is out of the question.

Really, what could you do? Sucks that you had to see that but ... getting involved would be messy.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    honestly, wth! You said YOU held a Halloween party at YOUR house. Whats the deal. You need to go up to both of them and lay hard on them both. Not only did they disrespect their spouses, but your house and yourself! talk to them one on one! Get that shyt taken care of and stop stressing over it. STRESS = FAT
  • corn63
    Options
    Bumping for morning fodder for my weekday friends. And a break from the Sandy talk :drinker:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I would let it go. The truth will come out eventually.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Learn how to keep a secret. It's no your problem. It will be if you start blabbing it to your friends who will blab it to their friends. Then it might come back to you and haunt you and you may have a problem. Right now, again, it's not your problem.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Pfft, I'd tell all my friends. If the word somehow makes it way back to their spouses, oh well. It'd be good for them actually since they don't have to spend one more day with cheating *kitten*.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Coming from a broken marriage of a cheating spouse, I know that if I had been told even by my best friend I wouldn't have believed him. So stay out of it and time will define the outcome.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yep, this. They are taking the risk and having the fun. It is all gonna come down on their heads sooner or later, and I am sure you are not the only one who knows about it so you might as well discuss with your friends.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    If these were just friends of yours, not coworkers, then I'd say you should consider telling the spouses if you don't mind losing them all as friends as a consequence. That being said, starting up coworker drama, even if you're "right" is just not a good idea. It could have serious consequences for your work environment. Just disassociate with them and let things unfold as they will.

You should also consider that their spouses already know. These days, a lot of folks are engaged in open relationships, and it's not always public knowledge.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Years ago, I got a phone call telling me that my husband was having an affair. It was the husband of his girlfriend. To this day, I am SO grateful for that phone call.

You're in a tough place - I don't envy you. But, you saw what you saw. It's not conjencture, it's not heresay.

I had my suspicions and the phone call gave me the confidence to break away knowing I wasn't coming to a false conclusion.

If you can't bring yourself to tell their spouses, tell the cheating "couple". It's good karma.

Take care! :O)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My thinking you have two options -

1. Bribe them for cash prizes or nice jewelry.
    2. Torment them. Send them anonymous notes. "I know what you did......." Do this non-stop until one of them breaks down and kills the other one.

Only 2 options.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Pfft, I'd tell all my friends. If the word somehow makes it way back to their spouses, oh well. It'd be good for them actually since they don't have to spend one more day with cheating *kitten*.

I hadn't thought of this. Good idea. It protects the work environment too. See if you can plant some seeds in a way that they're sure to grow. Hmm....
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Its like this, if your an honest person and want to keep your nose clean I would approach the two to let them know what you saw, and that it is not right..one day i know you would want to get married and would hope that your bf would not go behind your back and do the same to you, so I am all about do what you want others to do to you or for you, so I would just let them know whats up and that what they do is their business but dont do it around you cause it is WRONG!!!