365 days! (pics)

SARgirl
SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
I finally got to see "SARgirl has logged on for 365 days" today and I told myself that when I got there I would post my success story so here it goes!

I have always been active and actually enjoy working out so that was never an issue for me. However, I LOVE to eat! I finally conceeded to the fact that I had to actually pay attention to how much I was eating. Thanks to my friend, Erika, she started a "Fit By the New Year" challenge on Facebook last November 1st and part of our challenge was to track our calories, and she recommended MFP. I had also completed a a Warrior Dash last October and saw this picture of me and knew I needed to do something:

821f310de00f7b154c6e74dbb49323ce.jpg

I set my settings to lose 1 pound a week and and ate my exercise calories back. I generally had one day a week when I was over my calories as well but that didn't seem to affect my progress. I was working out 5-6 days a week (Spinning, BodyJam, CXWorx classes at the gym). I also did Insanity in April. These are my progress pics from then:

InsanityBackViewBefore.jpg
Before Insanity

InsanityBackViewAfter.jpg
After Insanity

back.jpg
Now

Here are my stats:

34 years old
Female
5'5"
Starting Weight: 158
Original Goal: 130
Current Weight: 122

For me it was all about portion control once I got a hold on that it was all down hill from there! Of course I lost the first 20 pounds pretty quickly (within 4 months) but those last 15 pounds took another 6 months! I've been at maintenence since about July and have been doing decent with that (fluctuating 3 pounds +/-). Since starting maintenence I have realized that tracking is just as important, if not more important, because I could see how I could easily slip back into eating as much as I want!

Thank you to all my MFP friends for all the support and encouragement!!! I couldn't have done it without you!

Here are some current pics that I took today!

MFP1.jpg
[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t499/lgatti128/MFP/bicep.jpg[/img ][/img]hanging.jpg
bicep.jpg

I know I didn't have a lot to lose but hopefully I will be an inspiration to someone! If I can do it, so can you! My next goal is to start lifting more and build some muscle:)

Replies

• jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    you look great! keep up the good work!
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    You look Great! You definately are an inspriation! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Love it! Congrats!!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Way to stick with it.
    I like to see success stories where the person has maintained at (or below) their goal weight for awhile, so thanks for posting your story.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Great job!
  • mcierley
    mcierley Posts: 1 Member
    Your pics are very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.
  • This is awesome! Congratulations!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    You look amazing and very fit. Great job!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    You rock and you look gorgeous!!!!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    awesome job!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    My congrats, you have done an awesome job!!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Awesome job!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 244 Member
    Great pictures!! Great work!!
  • sitabrown
    sitabrown Posts: 1 Member
    You look amazing, you have always been dedicated to your work outs and logging. Now to build up more muscles! I cannot wait to see your progress. Thank you for always encouraging me as well!!! You are amazing
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    You look so amazing!! I am so proud of you!! You are such an inspiration, and I love that you shared your story today!!
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    You have totally inspired me! I have my last 15 pounds to go to get to my new goal weight of 135 and it's been really hard! You just showed me that it can be done!!! I am so so so excited! Good for you for also maintaining!!!!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Absolutely amazing!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    I love all these success stories and 365 days is an NSV that I hadn't actually thought about before, but one that really appeals.

You look super and thanks for posting.

Mavis
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Thanks for posting! You look awesome! And was great to hear your story- especially as I'm 5'6 about 158-160 love exercise and nutrition is my downfall too! How did you go about changing your attitude to food?
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Thanks for posting! You look awesome! And was great to hear your story- especially as I'm 5'6 about 158-160 love exercise and nutrition is my downfall too! How did you go about changing your attitude to food?

For me once I started using portion control (actually measuring things out) and seeing what a true portion size was suppose to be that helped. Also I ate the "correct" portion size and realized that that was enough to fill me up. I have a huge sweet tooth so I was really diligent with actually counting out the Hershey Kisses or cookies and sticking to that amount (and again found that that was generally good enough to satisfy the sweet craving). I still have days that all I want to do is eat or I go overboard on the cookies, but those are few and far between now.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Well done you look great
  • kevokie
    kevokie Posts: 53 Member
    Very impressive. Great job!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Boy do you look great...Happy Anniversary to all your accomplishment and that mental and body transformation....
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Awesome job! It's totally inspiring to see a success story from someone that "didn't have that much to lose"... because there are a lot of us in the same boat. A 20-25 lb goal might not seem like a lot to some, but to me it's huge! Great job :-)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Wow what a difference a year makes. You look wonderful.
  • Congratulations on your success and commitment! I encourage the strength training - it will tighten and tone, and the feeling of strength is amazing! Keep up the good work!!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    You are an inspiration to me! Thank you for sharing the pictures!
  • way to go! love that last picture - bicep city!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    great work. you look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!