I am taunted by neighbours when I run up the street

Options

Replies

• lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I know what you mean!! I run at night with headphones so nobody bothers me anymore :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    You're doing better than great..you can run for 2 hours continuously...ef them if they can't take a joke...they're the effing joke.
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    I'm not even fat and when I run past the high school I've gotten mean comments and yells. People are just dumb in general.

Also once an old man sitting in his car smoking a cigarette told me and my running group we were slow. So, yeah - just learn to laugh it off, it wont change even if you do ;)
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow... just wow. That is disturbing. I'm sorry you have to live next to such people. Their behaviour is a reflection of how miserable they are, so just keep running, keep smiling, and don't give them the satisfaction of making you as miserable as they are. You are inspiring!
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    May be easier said than done, but use the negativity as motivation for every step you take. Remember, if you quit, they win. It may be tough, but do not waste one minute trying to figure why people do these types of thing......people can suck at life, that's all there is to it. Do your thing......and fu$k the miserable *kitten*.
  • JennyBug2007
    Options
    Shake it off and always remember:

Six months from now, you will have lost weight.
    They will still be creeps with no class.

You are ahead of the game!!
  • 138Ellen
    Options
    I'm glad you stood up for yourself. Keep up the good work...obviously you have more people cheering for you than jeering at you!
    You GO girl!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You just keep running and when they see you looking better and better everyday they will feel bad about what they said.
  • dani_alaine
    Options
    *kitten*! Put on your ipod and keep on runnin' ...

The post above says it perfectly. Girl you turn up that iPod and you run until you cant run anymore. You go girl! I am proud of you for being proactive and doing something for yourself, making decisions to live a healthier lifestyle. I will so stand behind you! It is a pure shame that people can be so mean and what's even worse is how they teach their kids to be just as mean by showing them that negative example. You hold your head up high and run on!!!
  • mmiley1111
    mmiley1111 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you love to run then run. Don't let them bother you . It's about you and your being healthy. Keep up the good work!!!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Great job running despite the fact that others make fun. You will be the one laughing one day when you are fit and toned and one of those windows rolls down to offer a compliment and you can back hand them with where was your support when you thought I was fat. Keep up the great work!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    A great conductor must turn his back on the audience to make beautiful music.

You're on a mission. Focus on your mission.

Haters_Gonna_Hate_Unicorn_Bikes.jpg

If you feel that it's affecting your self-esteem or affecting your motivation, maybe you can consider getting a stationary bike for the home. BUT NEVER GIVE UP ON THE MISSION! They're still going to be out there, hating. Don't stop. Keep it going!
  • Bill_Bird1
    Bill_Bird1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow I am struggling with why people have become so rude! Where do you live? (City) Not that it matters because courtesy these days seems to be rare. Kudos to you for ignoring the people - keep on running. Congrats on the success you have had! I am impressed with your stamina - two hours, thats great! Keep up the good work!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow.

I am so VERY impressed that you run and actually, I'm putting you down as one of my Mfp sheros. My heart hurts reading your post and at the very same time, I'm so proud of you for continuing on in spite of the devil's taunting you. You, my dear are a super shero as a matter of fact, in my book!

Here's some things/quotes to meditate on as these wicked blaggards try to disturb your groove:

Living well is the best revenge.
    George Herbert

The best revenge is massive success.
    Frank Sinatra

Looking good is the best revenge.
    Ivana Trump

Success is the sweetest revenge.
    Vanessa Williams

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Mark Twain

Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.
    H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.
    William Arthur Ward

{{{{ Hugs & High Fives to you for being so Strong and COOL, You ROCK, you superstar YOU! }}}}}
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    here is the story I was talking about. The girl passed away. But they show in the video this nasty neighbor and how she taunted the little girl in person and online. Just sick!
    http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=113901

Jesus. Just hearing that woman talk made me want to slap her. What a piece of work.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just had another thought. Sometimes sunlight is the best disinfectant. They do this again, pull out your phone and get them on camera. Post their address in the video. Hopefully people don't go overboard and post death threats or anything. But if it goes viral the media will pick up on it. That might get them to stop as well. Stand tall and proud.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You keep it up eveuntally they will get bored when they see that it doesnt bother you, and move on to torture some other person... turn up the music and run! Its all about you! :flowerforyou:
  • birdielosingit
    birdielosingit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it is fantastic that you said something to the guy. You are not over-recting at all, and there is absolutely no reason you should "expect" that kind of behavior. Good for you for standing up for yourself!! Shame on them for being judgmental and clearly teaching thier son to follow suit.
  • faithsomemore
    Options
    WOW! All I have to say is I have an 8 year old and if she ever said anything disrespectful to anyone she would be apologizing and would be grounded so long she wouldn't get to see the light of day for a long time! An 8 year old knows better. As for the parents, boy they sure are setting a great example and I hope that someone treats them with disrespect and then mentions that this is how they act and set a terrible example for their children!

Keep on running and when you are drop dead gorgeous (not that you aren't ugly by any means) run by their house and show them how hot you are. Make sure you wear something that is going to make the fathers jaw drop and proceed to tell him he doesnt stand a chance because he is too ugly! Just kidding. This would be totally hypocritical and disrespectful.. but you can still think about it :)

Keep up the great work!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    taunting.gif

do this