How to burn more fat??

Options
Does anyone think QuickTrim from kim kardashian works or is a hoax and bad? i think majority of diet pills and herbal supplements claiming to up your metabolism and burn more fat are awful but maybe there is an all natural pill or method that can up metabolism and burn fat to go along with a good diet and exercise?I just feel im at a standstill and very frustrated. I lost 8 pounds in my first month from cutting out booze,processed foods, and starting to workout consistently. Now the past 2 weeks i have not lost any weight yet am doing better than ever! i stay around 1,000 to 1300 calories a day and exercise 5x a week cardio and 4x a week strength. Im not sure what else i can do or change to see more results. PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW MORE DIET/EXERCISE TIPS. THANKS! :)

Replies

• sunshinela
    Options
    Oh, and to add to that I know that i have been stressed and not sleeping well which i know affects me with weight loss. Any advice for people who have anxiety and insomnia to help with health? Maybe there is something i can take (i heard of something called relacore) or something i can do to lower stress and sleep more sound to decrease stress hormones that keep me retaining belly fat. most of my extra weight is in my tummy.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    1000 calories is definitely too few. Your slowing your metabolism by not eating enough calories and then exercising on top of that. I would increase your calories to about 1300 a day, minimum, and eat a bit more on the days you exercise. You should start seeing some results. Part of the reason you may have hit a standstill could be that your body is breaking down muscle and your metabolism has slowed. The rest of what you are doing is great.
    I do not recommend supplements or energy drinks. None are regulated by the FDA and who knows what they actually contain. There are no regulations.
  • doyoga
    doyoga Posts: 20
    Options
    I hate diet pills .. but for some reason was so curious to try this, and I did. I lost 10 lbs than hit a plateau I could not get through (I increased my calories, changed up my workout, and everything they recommend). So I decided I was going to try QuickTrim Extreme Burn, whether or not they actually worked, or it was a placebo effect I don't know, but I did loose 5 lbs while taking it, than soon after another 5 with continuing with just regular calorie counting and exercise. Also what I liked was I had no side effects, which I know some people have. I wasn't jittery or having hot flashes, headaches or anything, I also drank no coffee though, just incase it did make me jittery. While it's probably not good for you, if you want to try it than I'd recommend it in addition to regular diet and exercise. Good luck, and let me know what you think about it!
  • tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    Options
    for sleep you can try a natural supplement called valerian root. it helps you relax. I take it at bedtime with evening primrose oil tablets.. helps me wind down and get to sleep try it see if it will work for you... :yawn:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I agree that its probably bc you aren't eating enough. I struggle with this also. So if you want to add a supplement I woud suggest a protein shake of some kind. That'll add some more calories and more protein that will aid in your muscle recovery after your workouts. Also, make sure you are meeting you fat goals, health fats that is!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Those adds claim that, but they always say with diet and exercise too.. And we all know that diet and exercise alone can do it, so save your money.. Try to eat at least 1200 cals a day.. You have to eat at least that.. If you're having a hard time getting to that maybe you should add milk to your diet. a couple of glasses of skim milkk can add almost 200 cals and it's milok! it's good for you and usually it's the first thing we cut out of our diets. It sounds like you're doing everything else right though, just up your cals a lil more and you should start to see a change in the numbers. I was stuck at 191 (i will never forget that number) for forever, because I was consuming under 1200 cals. I wasted a whole month doing that! And besides this is a lifestyle change. You will not be able to live the rest of your life eating that few of calories.. So make it good.. and make them worth it. Nuts are also a good snack to help boost cals, or granola, maybe a yogurt, milk... Check it out! :)
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I have insomnia occasionally and I use a supplement called melatonin, you can get it at most drug stores. It kinda dissolves in your mouth, it works pretty fast so take it when your ready for bed, also if you use it too often it can cause you to have strange vivid dreams. hope it works for you.
  • sunshinela
    Options
    hey everyone: thank you for replying and more advice is always welcomed :) yes, i guess 1,000 can be too low but thats on days i dont workout or do much and 1100-1300 when i work out hard. but i guess it slows down my metabolism. guess i was too caught up that if i ended my calories at 1,000 i might lose more. and it backfired. i will save money with any diet supplements unless anybody has any they truly trust. and i will start taking natural sleep aids cuz sometimes i cant fall asleep til 6am! and i know that screws my body up. and i stress a lot of the day thinking about what im eating,fitting in a wkout, and how to get a lot of my work done. besides eating a little more, anything else that burns more fat?
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi

You could add more yogurt to your diet. There's lots of research showing that eating 3 pots a day is brilliant for burning tummy fat because of the calcium - it's also a suppressant in terms of fat cell growth. Here's one article - there's lots out there...

http://ezinearticles.com/?Eat-Yogurt-And-Lose-More-Fat-Around-Your-Tummy&id=1178209

Cheers
  • sunshinela
    Options
    thank you!!! :)
  • scorpiongirl9000
    scorpiongirl9000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your exercise routine and make sure you drink lots of water. What I have been doing is every now in then while I am doing house work I will take 1-2 minutes and run in place or act like I am jumping rope. It gives me a boost of energy and keeps my metabolism going strong. Hope you find something that works for you. You are doing great so don't let this little bump in the road keep you down. Good Luck!!
  • sunshinela
    Options
    thats a great idea! i used to out of no where do 20 pushups or jumping jacks for energy and tone. i will again :)