Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappachino? w/ less calories.

Options
Recently after what Starbucks has said about the war i have refused to go, but i love their Vanilla Bean Frapp so i needed to find out how to make it myself. (: So i did.

At starbucks:
tall 12oz- 280 calories
grande 16oz- 300 calories
venti 20oz- 490 calories

I would say that this recipe is a little more than a grande

Ingredients.
2/3- cup 2% milk
2/3- cup ice
2 scoop- vanilla bean ice cream
2 tablespoons- french vanilla coffee creamer (powdered)
2 tablespoons- reddi whip extra creamy (optional)

Directions.
Blend it all together minus your whip cream & then pour into a cup then put your reddi whip on there (:
taste, and smile. You will love this for the cost that you can get it at and less calories (:

Go on and try it what are you waiting for??

Replies

• Kimakazie
    Kimakazie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • n8smamma
    n8smamma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daryabella
    Options
    bump
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    how large is the "scoop" of ice cream?
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Rumor. Old. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

You could try fact checking your things about s*bucks and no, I'm not a fan of them. Their service is fast, however.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Ummm, there's no coffee in this?

And what's the calorie count on yours?
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    How many calories is this actually saving, with 2% milk, whipped "topping," coffee creamer, and ice cream? :huh: I'm not real big on low/no-cal replacements for everything, but it doesn't seem like this recipe is any healthier or would have that many fewer calories than the real thing. Cheaper, for sure, but that's about it.

Also, what girlykate143 said about fact checking.
  • Wenchilada
    Options

There's no coffee in the Vanilla Bean frap. It's basically a vanilla shake. They have a strawberry one, too.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

You could try fact checking your things about s*bucks and no, I'm not a fan of them. Their service is fast, however.

This. All that aside, I always try to get the "skinny" versions of their drinks...more because I don't like the taste of whole milk and less because of calories...
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Being a wife to a military man I know for a fact that that isn't true, they do receive Starbucks in Afghanistan, but it has to be donated by individual branches not corporate. In case this isn't fact enough, the marine that actually started this rumor admitted he was wrong and wrote an apology letter:

The Truth TruthOrFiction.com contacted Starbucks about the story.

Starbucks says that the originator of the email, Sgt. Howard Wright, and talked with him about his complaint. He has now sent a follow-up email to his email list, which appears below.

Starbucks assured him of their support of the military and that the only reason any coffee was not donated was because the official Starbucks donation policy authorizes such gifts to officially designated public charities, including libraries and schools, and that the U.S. military or military personnel do not qualify. It was not meant to be a comment on the war or the service of military personnel in the war. The company said that there have been employees that have showed their support through donations of coffee. Starbucks told us that many of the company's employees (called "partners" by Starbucks) receive one pound of free coffee each week and some of that coffee has gone to members of the military or related organizations. For example, the employees in the Starbucks in Atascadero, California, decided to send their weekly free coffee to troops in Afghanistan and there are other such stories about Starbucks coffee finding its way into the hands of military personnel.

Here is Sgt. Wright's follow-up email after Starbucks spoke with him:

Dear Readers,

Almost 5 months ago I sent an e-mail to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thing that needs to be cleared up. I heard by word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many copies of their company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick and wrong letter that I sent out to you.

Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

Howard C. Wright Sgt USMC 1 st Force Rcon Co 1 st Plt PLT RTO
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

There's no coffee in the Vanilla Bean frap. It's basically a vanilla shake. They have a strawberry one, too.

Ahhhh, ok, did not know that as I must have my caffeine intake else people get hurt. :)
  • Wenchilada
    Options

Ahhhh, ok, did not know that as I must have my caffeine intake else people get hurt. :)

Me too! *sips her Depth Charge from Caribou*

I've always wanted to try the vanilla frap, just always wanted caffeine more... :laugh: The green tea one is really good. Still not healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but tasty.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This.

And I don't even drink coffee and go to Starbucks about twice a year. Overpriced? Yes. But that's about it.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

I didn't know this either. I can see I won't be ordering that...
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Recently after what Starbucks has said about the war i have refused to go,

You're supposed to talk about politics over coffee, but don't get your politics from the coffee distributor.

The best way to get low calorie coffee from Starbucks is to just get an espresso or a coffee with light cream. Beyond that we're just talking about different levels of damage control to your diary. The word Frappachino doesn't go well with diet. :laugh:
  • Wenchilada
    Options
    Recently after what Starbucks has said about the war i have refused to go,

You're supposed to talk about politics over coffee, but don't get your politics from the coffee distributor.

The best way to get low calorie coffee from Starbucks is to just get an espresso or a coffee with light cream. Beyond that we're just talking about different levels of damage control to your diary. The word Frappachino doesn't go well with diet. :laugh:

This. I get an Americano and add sweetener (usually my own flavored stevia drops, but syrups are free if you have their addicts' card - I mean rewards card) if I feel like having it sweet. Also one of the cheapest drinks on the menu, and the only way to get a half-caff or decaf iced coffee. 'Course, if you don't like coffee, you're left with the teas, but the teas they offer are all very good.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You can support the fine folks serving in our military, and not agree with a particulor war, y'know. Thinking a certain presidents decision to go to war with a country is stupid doesnt mean you blame the soldiers fighting it. I dont know why this concept is so hard to grasp.
  • cassie1317
    cassie1317 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would probably have to skip the ice cream.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    how large is the "scoop" of ice cream?

Usual scoop size. I just use a scooper, and i dig it in about 2 times. About half the size of the palm of your hand.
  • ashleew1117
    Options

No, frappuchino's don't have coffee in them. If you want a coffee flavor then get some french vanilla coffee mix instead.