Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast Suggestions requested

I'm struggling with what to eat for breakfast and looking for advise/suggestions. Generally, I eat my breakfast at my desk when I get to work. I can't eat eggs. I try to keep breakfast under 300 calories and have to have coffee with creamer in the total. For the longest time I have been having greek yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, but that is getting boring.

Thanks,

Replies

• rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    During the work week I eat a 6oz container of Carbmaster yogurt and a Weight Watchers string cheese....boring but it works for me!
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    When I was working, I ate a lot of oameal...boring, but it works. Another suggestion...yogurt, or an english muffin...or slim fast. I like to monitor what my friends are eating...a great place to get some ideas.
  • jovonni1978
    jovonni1978 Posts: 1 Member
    I usually do the yogurt, fresh fruit and granola also. I keep a big container at work so I'll never have an excuse not to eat. However, today I'm having corned beef hash. Not too bad and I it's something that I enjoy and is quick to throw in the microwave.
  • Do you have to have creamer?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    Quaker has a Weight Management oatmeal that I LOVE. It's easy to just have at work - it's high in protein and I don't have to worry about prepping food for breakfast the previous day. It's about 180 calorie/packet, so it's way under your 300 calorie/meal.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Quaker Multi Grain hot cereal with fresh blueberries or raspberries and silk.
  • doctorwhogirl
    doctorwhogirl Posts: 26 Member
    Oat bran with skimmed milk and a bit of sweetener and cinnamon.
    Much better than porridge in terms of protein and fibre content. And I prefer the taste too!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Does it have to be breakfasty? I had a quinoa and tuna salad for my breakfast at my desk this morning - super nom - filling but felt really healthy :)
  • Special K meal replacement ...170 calories

Quaker fruit and cream oatmeal (comes in several flavors...peaches & strawberries are my personal favorites): 130 calories when prepared with water.
  • Shredded wheat + semi skimmed milk + raisins = win
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Feel free to look through my dairy. I often eat at my desk and I too want to keep breakfast under 300 with drinking my coffee and I have to have creamer. I end up having instant oatmeal a lot but sometimes that's not enough protein. I don't know if you have access to a microwave or hot water from a coffee maker like I do but feel free to sneak a peek.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    I have cottage cheese with some grapes mixed in. Great source of protein.
  • Breafast: Big Bowl of oats with milk but no sugar.

Snack: 1 fruit

Lunch: Protein(eggs,skinless chicken,tuna, or chickpeas) + salad

Snack: 1 fruit

Supper: Protein(eggs,skinless chicken, tuna or chickpeas) + dark green vegetables

Drink 2 litres of water a day
    No refined sugar in any form
    No refined carbs
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    I eat at my desk every day too... if I use the single serve creamers i think theyre only like 10-20 cals each so thats not too bad for getting my fix. As far as food, i alternate between oatmeal and yogurt, whole wheat english muffin with a smidge of lowfat peanut butter and a banana, or lunchmeat with string cheese and a few nuts.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Put porridge oats and some raisins in a vacuum flask and add boiling water before you leave for work. When you get to work it should be ready to eat!
  • Absolutely!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Quaker has a Weight Management oatmeal that I LOVE. It's easy to just have at work - it's high in protein and I don't have to worry about prepping food for breakfast the previous day. It's about 180 calorie/packet, so it's way under your 300 calorie/meal.

I love it to, I like mine made with almond milk for he calcium boost :)
  • vickieblair
    vickieblair Posts: 21 Member
    I made some mini spniach quiches yesterday for the week. Lots of veggies and protien - 246 calories. I only live a couple minutes from work so I warmed it up and ate it as soon as I got to work. Could "nuke" it too. It kept me full until lunch! Eggs, spinach, peppers, onion, low fat cottage cheese, 2% cheddar cheese. YUM
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    I come from a culture that has a saying 'Eat your breakfast yourself, share your lunch with your friend, give your dinner to your enemy' :-) I believe there is a similar saying in English too.

I really do have quite a hearty breakfasts: a few rye crackers with hummus and tomato/bell pepper/rocket; low fat natural yogurt with berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries) and flaked almonds. And usually a lovely little piece of 70% chocolate to end it all on an extra lovely note. Yummy! It comes to 500 kcal. But I so love to start a day feeling full of energy.

My net calories come to 1200 kcal (I eat back all my exercise calories that are between 400-800 kcal daily).
  • aprilakajoy
    aprilakajoy Posts: 7 Member
    I read a book with a great eating regime. I have a semi-shake for breakfast. I add to my blender - 8oz. water, 6 strawberries, 1 tsp of flaxseed oil. Blend until all liquid. Lastly add 1 scoop of whey protein oil. Blend until mixed well.

Shake Calories: 217