Question for sports fans

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Would you date someone if they were a fan of your teams rival?
    i'm an eagles fan and i've dated a few cowboys fans. it doesnt bother me, but then again the eagles almost always beat the cowboys
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    For NCAA sports I am a UK alum and been a UK fan all of my life so there is no way that I could date a UofL or Duke fan.

For NFL I love the Steelers and would not be able to date a Ravens or a Cowboys fan.

Those four are my only restrictions, but to let you know how much I don't like those teams, as a die hard democrat, I would rather date a republican than a fan on one of those teams. LOL.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I would, just so that I could give them a hard time when my team beat their's....
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am a die hard Patriots fan ..... it would be challenging to date a jets fan but I think it would be fun at the same time .....
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Depends what team. We have a lot of rivals.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Would you date someone if they were a fan of your teams rival?

That's a tough question. I LOVE my Panthers and I take it personally when anyone trashes them...even when they deserve it. However, I'll be thirty six in January, and if a man were to come along who was completely compatible except on that point, I don't think I'd be able to give up what could be the love of my life over something so petty (in the grand scheme).
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    For NCAA sports I am a UK alum and been a UK fan all of my life so there is no way that I could date a UofL or Duke fan.

For NFL I love the Steelers and would not be able to date a Ravens or a Cowboys fan.

Those four are my only restrictions, but to let you know how much I don't like those teams, as a die hard democrat, I would rather date a republican than a fan on one of those teams. LOL.

I've dated a Duke fan and a Gator. It made games a lot more fun. But I think I'm going to have to marry a fellow wildcat for decoration purposes, lol.
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hmm the thought of a Ravens fan *repulsed* lol but I guess if I like them I could hate them twice a season for one day LOL

GO STEELERS!
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    As a "ride or die" Raiders fan, I could actually imagine being with someone who was a fan of a lesser organization. It would be fun! Unless of course they happened to be a Broncos fan. But, they generally don't date outside of their own families, anyway...
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I actually married her! :bigsmile:
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I sure would! I'm an Eagles fan - the one that I adore is a Cowboys fan.
    But what I won't do is talk smack about his sorry team! LOL!!! Well not in front of him :)
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I always said I'd never date a Habs or Leafs fan but I guess if he's the perfect guy I'll just have to live with that major flaw and hey it'll be fun bragging about how much better my team is anyways :laugh:
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Depends if they were one of those "idiot fans." I'm a die hard Browns fan, and I have dated Steeler fans, but if they were obnoxious about it, I wouldn't be able to take it.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I agree on NHL (Coyotes/Flyers). Although I could not date a Wings, Pens or Kings fan. Other teams may be considered. Oh and not a Thrashers fan. Almost forgot they were a team...

MLB: We are both dbacks fans but I am also Brewers and he is also Phillies. I would not date a Yankees fan. Or a Cubs fan.

NFL: Both Cardinals fans but he is more Eagles. I follow Pack somewhat. Cards/Eagles game was hard. He wore a Vick jersey. I was embarassed to be seen with him. Vikings fans would definitely not be allowed if I were single... And no cowboy fans.

College: He's Univ of Arizona, I'm Badger. Could not date Ohio State fan, I mean THE Ohio State (god forbid, I wouldn't want one to correct me!) Although my brother married one. Not sure how long that will last... :P

Almost forgot NBA. NO to Lakers fans. Ugh... Still love my Suns. :)
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I would date a Florida (UF) fan... so I could get into their house and rub their toothbrush in the toilet.Needless to say I would leave after that... possibly kicking their trash over on the way out.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Depends if they were one of those "idiot fans." I'm a die hard Browns fan, and I have dated Steeler fans, but if they were obnoxious about it, I wouldn't be able to take it.

I think I :heart: YOU!!! GO BROWNIES!!!
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Oh yeah I would, it would involve all kinds of game bets where the 'loser' ends up nekkid ;)
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I would, it would involve all kinds of game bets where the 'loser' ends up nekkid ;)

where's your patriotism and commitment?
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    First, I have to date someone who IS a sports fan. Tried to date a couple who tried to like sports or had a vague interest in it. For a girl who loves sports like I do....that won't work at all.

As for dating a sports fan....I LOVE the banter and the bets that come with dating someone who likes to cheer for a team other than mine. That can be the best part for sure. Especially when I win!

It can also be nice when your teams are not playing each other to support each others team.

However, I have to draw the line at Cubs fans. Just can't do it.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    My husband is a fan of the other guys. Not a big fan, he doesn't watch the games or anything. He even programs the tv to turn to my ballgame for me so I don't miss any of it. It would be difficult to be with someone that was obnoxious about it though. Right now it would be ok cause we haven't lost a game in so long and they haven't won one. (well, they have won one all year) Ha.