Things I refuse to give up

Options
Garlic and garlic powder
Cream in my coffee(I do use no fat and measure out my 2 tbsp )
Sugar in my coffee( again I measure every time my 2 tsp )
coffee
Beer ( I am an occasional drinker but I make sure it fits into my day if I want it)
Steak
Pickles
Olives black or green :)
Cheese ( I have found some great reduced fat ones by Cabot)

What are some things you refuse to give up?

Replies

• isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to say that my Diet Coke, my bread, Ketchup and Mayo were non negotiable..
    I got to the point where I needed to make a change and I quit drinking Diet Coke all together. I only eat whole wheat bread if I even eat bread.. and NO MAYO. on anything..
    Sometimes things change and you realize, these little things are holding you back..
    I wouldnt give up anything I didnt see a need for, I have minimized my drinking and saw a huge difference.

Good luck with what your doing... and great job measuring.. I need to start doing that!
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    Creamer in my coffee (I also measure out my 2tbsp)
    Fries ( I bake them though, mostly sweet potate fries)
    Diet soft drinks (Really need to give them up though)
    Frozen meals like Smartones and Lean pockets (I depend on them when I have a rough day) (Slowed down on them, just need to stop all together)

I still eat hamburgers, pizza, pasta, etc, I've just learned how to control the amount of it and if it fits into my day then its ok.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Chips, I try to stick to one to two servings a week though!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of half and half for my coffee.
    Liquor. I don't have a drinking problem, and I can compensate for them with exercise.

Come to think of it, I haven't given up anything. I had a pretty good diet to begin with, all I needed is portion control, and I'm doing that (to the greatest extent possible given my imperfections).
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything.
    I'm still eating the same, just not as often,smaller portions, etc. Works well.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Why would you need to give up olives, am I missing something?
    I would find life hard without my tea or coffee... I have sugar in them sometimes but not all of the time, depends on how i'm feeling.
    Oh and alcohol... i am a 19 year old student after all ;p